Fire Macc

nico002

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I also think they are young and just getting their legs under them

The Jets either have old players who's best days are behind them or young players who's best days are hopefully in front of them

Very few in between, because of the bad drafts of Idzik and late Tanny

I can argue that MAccagnan has already bested both of them in the drafting department

Mac has his black and blues but he's not the problem.  Todd Bowles is a disaster. 

4 minutes ago, TheMagicRat said:

This I agree with. I see other teams (Eagles, Cowboys, etc.) play with less talent on defense than us, yet perform better. Coaching has been a major failure this year. 

There is no question about it.  There is talent on both sides of the ball. Plenty in fact.  You can win with this team, no question about it.  This season is all on Todd Bowles.  The signs were there last year but the schedule masked them...this season, he's been exposed.  

He's a coward.  And his team reflects it. 

Just now, JiF said:

There is no question about it.  There is talent on both sides of the ball. Plenty in fact.  You can win with this team, no question about it.  This season is all on Todd Bowles.  The signs were there last year but the schedule masked them...this season, he's been exposed.  

He might very well be. He still should get a 3rd season

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

The ironic thing thing is he made chicken liver out of chicken sh*t in Airzona...some coaches are just coordinators.  

1 hour ago, Gen X Jet said:

He didn't hire Bowels.  Woody forced Bowles on him.

No he didn't. Macc accepted the job knowing very well who is HC would be. Its not like Woody hired Bowles while Macc was also on the payroll. 

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Again, you might be right. But I dont he's getting fired. If Mangini didnt get fired after two years, then Bowles isnt getting fired

I agree. I think he'll stay. The only thing we can hope is that Rodgers is fired and the next guy is much better and/or Bowles improves over the offseason. 

Of course you would right now. That corps had some experience. This corps is still young and learning.

That's apples to oranges

In other words, you acknowledge that the 96 team talent was close to or equivalent to the 2016 team?

1 hour ago, nico002 said:

Hired Toilet Bowles

Extended Wilk

Let Snacks walk

Signed Revis

Signed Fitz

Carried 4 QBs

OL is a mess

Drafted Smith

Etc. Etc....

TYPICAL OVERREACTIVE PETULENT RESPONSE FROM A WHINEY MALCONTENT WHO CAN'T EVEN GET HIS FACTS STRAIGHT.

GET A CLUE and STOP CRYING like a CHILD over a SPORTS TEAM. It's NOT on MAC, if anything, it's a CLEAR indication that the CS and PLAYERS are NOT performing up to the expectation level of the talent on the team. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, nico002 said:

Hired Toilet Bowles

Extended Wilk

Let Snacks walk

Signed Revis

Signed Fitz

Carried 4 QBs

OL is a mess

Drafted Smith

Etc. Etc....

First of all Mac DID NOT hire Bowles. Bowles was hired by Woody Johnson BEFORE he hired Mac. He extended Wilk and we'll see if that was a good move. He was not going to give Snacks the kind of money the G-Men did and he was right not to. McClendon and Simon are doing all right. Revis looked good until this year. No one can predict whan an athlete will "hit the wall" and Revis has hit it hard. He also did NOT draft Geno Smith, if that is the Smith you are talking about. At any rate get your facts straight.

I am VERY down on the coaching staff right now but I stand by Maccagnan being a long term keeper as GM....

Maccagnan didn't hire Bowles.

Extending Wilk was a wildly popular move by most, although I did not see him as somebody deserving of a huge contract.

You don't pay Snacks a big contract, he is just a run stuffing NT and we replaced him with McClendon who has play just as well.

Revis was a no brainer.

Fitz (at the time) was a no brainer... AND his contract has very little ramifications outside of this year.

Who cares about carrying 4 quarterbacks.

The OL is not a mess, we have had some major injuries and the OL has not been a weak point of this team.

The jury is out on Smith but he looks like he could have an injury-derailed career.

Every team passed over Prescott. To blame one is to blame all. That is you showing your agenda.

Not every team identified QB as a need.  The Jets did, and they made an awful decision.  

But indulge me, what is my agenda?

3 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Not every team identified QB as a need.  The Jets did, and they made an awful decision.  

But indulge me, what is my agenda?

You and several others have been against Maccagnan without knowing the consequences. For the first time Woody went about hiring people THE RIGHT WAY. He used actual football people to hire football people.

If this fails, then we go back to the John Idzik's of the world.

And you logically cant use the "we should have taken this guy" as a complaint. It is illogical, especially considering Hackenberg hasn't been given a shot yet. 

Plus and this is ANOTHER dumb thing. You can't say that Prescott would have succeeded here.

Fire the fans because the majority just bitches... o-line is decimated . .. qb is a mess.... late to camp...  etc etc... get over it... same crap as always... play well after that have 3rd or last place schedule... like crap when a 1st or 2nd place schedule look it up 

5 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

You and several others have been against Maccagnan without knowing the consequences. For the first time Woody went about hiring people THE RIGHT WAY. He used actual football people to hire football people.

If this fails, then we go back to the John Idzik's of the world.

And you logically cant use the "we should have taken this guy" as a complaint. It is illogical, especially considering Hackenberg hasn't been given a shot yet. 

Plus and this is ANOTHER dumb thing. You can't say that Prescott would have succeeded here.

I'm glad Woody hired people the right way.  But, going about things the right way does not in any way guarantee or even promise success.  And, the only thing illogical here is your claim that Woody will go back to the "John Idzik's of the world" if this fails.  Because, you know, you have exactly zero evidence to support this.  None, whatsoever.  In fact, you completely made it up, and you trumpet it as fact.  But, you do not have any insight into Woody Johnson's thinking.  Your claim is 100% fiction.  You invented it.

Honestly though, what would we lose if we went back to the "John Idzik's of the world?"  While I don't make the case that Idzik was better than Maccagnan, he's also not significantly worse.  

I of course can say that we should have taken this guy.  We identified QB as a need, and we took one in the second round who can't even get past 4th string (until injury to 2nd string) and a guy who was taken 2 rounds later is playing phenomenally.  We should have taken Prescott.  The only thing illogical is the notion that we don't know what we have in Hackenberg so that makes him above criticism.  When you take a QB in the 2nd round, and you are currently getting league worst QB play, and the 2nd round QB still isn't a consideration for playing time in a season that's already over, the only thing that's illogical is thinking that that says absolutely nothing about that 2nd round QB.

Lastly, if I cannot say that Prescott would have succeed here, you cannot say that Prescott wouldn't be even better here.  This argument is nonsense.

Just now, gEYno said:

I'm glad Woody hired people the right way.  But, going about things the right way does not in any way guarantee or even promise success.  And, the only thing illogical here is your claim that Woody will go back to the "John Idzik's of the world" if this fails.  Because, you know, you have exactly zero evidence to support this.  None, whatsoever.  In fact, you completely made it up, and you trumpet it as fact. (2) But, you do not have any insight into Woody Johnson's thinking.  Your claim is 100% fiction.  You invented it.

Honestly though, what would we lose if we went back to the "John Idzik's of the world?"  While I don't make the case that Idzik was better than Maccagnan, he's also not significantly worse.  

I of course can say that we should have taken this guy.  We identified QB as a need, and we took one in the second round who can't even get past 4th string (until injury to 2nd string) and a guy who was taken 2 rounds later is playing phenomenally.  We should have taken Prescott.  The only thing illogical is the notion that we don't know what we have in Hackenberg so that makes him above criticism.  When you take a QB in the 2nd round, and you are currently getting league worst QB play, and the 2nd round QB still isn't a consideration for playing time in a season that's already over, the only thing that's illogical is thinking that that says absolutely nothing about that 2nd round QB.

Lastly, if I cannot say that Prescott would have succeed here, (1)you cannot say that Prescott wouldn't be even better here.  This argument is nonsense.

1. Based on the personnel, I can definitely make that statement.

2. I've seen how Woody operates. He looks for the quick way to success. He is very predictable. If this doesn't work, he is going to go back to his old ways. I'm worried he;s going to push a trade for Romo or Cutler.

3. Then every GM has made that mistake. Which is why it is unfair to single out 1. It is not fair to him. Blame one and blame all. Look at the Rams. They haven't played THE TOP PICK OF THE DRAFT.

Archived