Fire Macc

nico002

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we have bad players, bad coaching and terrible effort

I would fire the gm, fire the coach and dump every washed up player

hire a proven winner at coach and a proven winner at gm-pay them whatever they want

the problem with being patient with bowles and our gm is they have no record of winning and most see them as being bad really really bad

40 minutes ago, chefjetE said:

Fire the fans because the majority just bitches... o-line is decimated . .. qb is a mess.... late to camp...  etc etc... get over it... same crap as always... play well after that have 3rd or last place schedule... like crap when a 1st or 2nd place schedule look it up 

This bitch is tired of losing and watching other teams in the playoffs and Super Bowl year after year yea I'm a bitch 

28 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

1. Based on the personnel, I can definitely make that statement.

2. I've seen how Woody operates. He looks for the quick way to success. He is very predictable. If this doesn't work, he is going to go back to his old ways. I'm worried he;s going to push a trade for Romo or Cutler.

3. Then every GM has made that mistake. Which is why it is unfair to single out 1. It is not fair to him. Blame one and blame all. Look at the Rams. They haven't played THE TOP PICK OF THE DRAFT.

1) Fictional narrative you've invented.

2) Fictional narrative you've invented.

3) Rams have not played their top pick, but the talk is they will be soon.  Also, they gambled on a guy that was considered a good prospect and was good in college.  And it's embarrassing for you that I need to repeat this, but not every team identified QB as an early need.  The Jets did.  So, the Jets GM gets some blame for drafting one that appears to be incompetent while one that is playing lights out was taken two rounds later.

4) PLACING THINGS IN CAPS DOES NOT MAKE YOUR POINT ANY STRONGER.  BUT, WHEN DBATES CALLED YOU A TUB OF CONFIRMATION BIAS, I THINK YOU SHOULD LOOK UP CONFIRMATION BIAS, IT MIGHT BE HELPFUL.

5) Contrary to what you think, I don't think we should fire Maccagnan right now.  However, I do not think he's above significant criticism as the team is awful and has very little promise to get any better any time soon.

I need one more off-season to evaluate Macc. 

If he trades for Romo or Cutler, starts spending wildly in FA, and generally attempts another "win now," I will donate to the billboards.

If he dumps salary, doesn't spend in FA, trades Sheldumb for best offer (probably a 3rd), drafts a quality O-Lineman or edge rusher at the top, I will be satisfied.  In other words, a youth movement while setting up the team to lose like the Browns are doing.  I haven't scouted the QBs yet, so I am unsure about them at the moment.

Oh yeah... don't Eff up the 2nd round pick....again.

15 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

If he trades for Romo or Cutler, starts spending wildly in FA, and generally attempts another "win now," I will donate to the billboards.

If he dumps salary, doesn't spend in FA, trades Sheldumb for best offer (probably a 3rd), drafts a quality O-Lineman or edge rusher at the top, I will be satisfied.  In other words, a youth movement while setting up the team to lose like the Browns are doing.  I haven't scouted the QBs yet, so I am unsure about them at the moment.

Sadly, we may need to draft a DB with a high pick too. 

1 minute ago, RoadFan said:

Agreed.  This is a 4 year rebuild.  One step at a time.  A high end corner this off-season is fine by me too.

To be honest...though we haven't drafted offense in a long time, I would prefer to draft a DB or push rusher before an OL. So many of these colleges run the spread and it's becoming such a learning curve for these Tackles and Guards. 

13 hours ago, C Mart said:

So last season they what?  

Not sure what you're asking me?  The coaching staff sucked last year too.  A historically easy schedule just covered up the lumps.  But they were there.  All over the place, in fact. 

13 hours ago, RoadFan said:

I agree. 

The reason why Macc hasn't been torched by the media is very simple. The general thought on this team is that this team has talent that has underachieved. I know they had a cupcake schedule last year, but you still have to take advantage of said schedule. 

That is why more shade is being thrown on the coach than the GM. And rightfully so, IMO.

As with most teams they were not as good as 10-6 but they are not as bad as 3-7.

5 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The reason why Macc hasn't been torched by the media is very simple. The general thought on this team is that this team has talent that has underachieved. I know they had a cupcake schedule last year, but you still have to take advantage of said schedule. 

That is why more shade is being thrown on the coach than the GM. And rightfully so, IMO.

As with most teams they were not as good as 10-6 but they are not as bad as 3-7.

Macc hasn't been torched because Lee and Williams appear to be players, Anderson, Peake, Marshall all seem pretty good. Petty and Hack are too early in their development to give them grades. 

Heading into next year, we only need to address DB/OL and hope one of our QB's emerge. We don't need much help on the DL/Lbers/RBs/WRs. So we aren't too far from being a competitive team. Plus we will have a cupcake schedule next year if we finish out poorly this year. 

I just don't trust Bowles/Gailey to develop either Petty or Hack. 

17 hours ago, JiF said:

That couldnt be further from the truth.  There is talent all over the field.  A few of it not being utilized but most of it being used improperly. 

This is a 4/3 D with 3/4 position players. And no Edge Rusher yet. Any secondary would be suspect at the least.

WR is a steel link. RB needs an upgrade. OL also. QB is a work in progress. I certainly don't think the Jets should carry 4 QB's and 4 TE's next year.

ST's is a disaster. 

Any coach would have issues due to the configuration of this team. That is on Macc

Time for some long time Jets to retire and replace them with the younger players getting the seasoning they now need.

12 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Macc hasn't been torched because Lee and Williams appear to be players, Anderson, Peake, Marshall all seem pretty good. Petty and Hack are too early in their development to give them grades. 

Heading into next year, we only need to address DB/OL and hope one of our QB's emerge. We don't need much help on the DL/Lbers/RBs/WRs. So we aren't too far from being a competitive team. Plus we will have a cupcake schedule next year if we finish out poorly this year. 

I just don't trust Bowles/Gailey to develop either Petty or Hack. 

Macc has made some bad business decisions that you fluff over. Signing Futz was a disaster for $12MM. Revis and Wilk also are questionable. Wilk was under contract for this season with the FT. That was surprising that they signed him at the last minute.

now that the team is a 4/3 team with 4 DT's starting you can see how bad a mistake that was. Mo would be walking after this season without that contract. Now we have to trade SR and hope to get some value with that move. 

A good move would be to sign Geno. He would come cheaply since he is injured. He also knows the O. The injury means he won't take reps from the even younger QB's already on the roster in the OTA's TC and PS next season. There is a great deal of value in that move.

if the Jets cannot get one of the top 2 QB's next draft, I would pass on a QB. No way can 4 be carried here next year. Too many holes need to be filled.

Just now, Jetdawgg said:

Macc has made some bad business decisions that you fluff over. Signing Futz was a disaster for $12MM. Revis and Wilk also are questionable. Wilk was under contract for this season with the FT. That was surprising that they signed him at the last minute.

now that the team is a 4/3 team with 4 DT's starting you can see how bad a mistake that was. Mo would be walking after this season without that contract. Now we have to trade SR and hope to get some value with that move. 

A good move would be to sign Geno. He would come cheaply since he is injured. He also knows the O. The injury means he won't take reps from the even younger QB's already on the roster in the OTA's TC and PS next season. There is a great deal of value in that move.

if the Jets cannot get one of the top 2 QB's next draft, I would pass on a QB. No way can 4 be carried here next year. Too many holes need to be filled.

1. I dont think it was a disaster because it was only for 1 year. If it was for more, then I would be pissed.

2. No one expected Revis to jump off the cliff in quality. Majority loved the Wilkerson resigning.

3.That's more on the coach not being flexible. Dont have Richardson playing LB

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

1. I dont think it was a disaster because it was only for 1 year. If it was for more, then I would be pissed.

2. No one expected Revis to jump off the cliff in quality. Majority loved the Wilkerson resigning.

3.That's more on the coach not being flexible. Dont have Richardson playing LB

Do you really think this? Signing Futz doomed this season. When did he ever become Dan Marino? The Jets had to adjust the cap just to fit him in.

This team is misconfigured and that is on Macc

Just now, Jetdawgg said:

Do you really think this? Signing Futz doomed this season. When did he ever become Dan Marino? The Jets had to adjust the cap just to fit him in.

This team is misconfigured and that is on Macc

I dont think it would have mattered what QB played this season. Too many injuries and a tough front part of the schedule doomed this team ti begin with

5 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I dont think it would have mattered what QB played this season. Too many injuries and a tough front part of the schedule doomed this team ti begin with

Typical of sin Futz guys to say this. I made it clear when he held out after the draft to go with Geno. The NFL is a business and Macc caved instead of being the GM here

IMO the only mistake Macc made was letting Snacks go in favor of Wilkerson because in the end that's how it turned out. All the other moves were additions to help this team no one expected Revis to be the train wreck he turned out to be this year and no one expected Bowles to be the worst HC in all of pro football.

Like JIF said earlier Bowles may be the worst HC I have ever seen in this organization and that's saying a lot.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Not sure what you're asking me?  The coaching staff sucked last year too.  A historically easy schedule just covered up the lumps.  But they were there.  All over the place, in fact. 

all the mistakes were there last year and they were pointed out but we all gave Bowles and Gailey a flier since it was year 1. You could argue that both the defense and offense got better talent in the offseason and this team is playing terrible and Bowles is making the same dumb mistakes just more of them.  With a real HC I would be willing to bet we could have split that tough schedule early on since we were actually in some of those games and then made a decent run for the playoffs but I think Bowles has lost this team in a big way both in the locker room and on the field. This entire team is an embarrassment and 90% of it is due to really bad coaching and adjusting and there is no way to dispute that.

The Jets have a management team that works together every day.  It is Woody, Macc and Bowles  It would be very hard for Woody to fire Bowles, at least for contract signings, because Woody was right there with Macc in making those decisions, and in fact my guess is that Woody is the one who told Davidson to draw the contracts up.  I presume Macc was also on board, and thus equally culpable, although as we recall he was clearly not in a rush to write Mo or Fitz a contract.  That leads me to believe that Woody was right there supporting/directing that move in a training camp panic.

Macc's drafting has been suspect.  We can put together a separate thread with player by player analysis.  In the first year, he did not have a scouting staff.   My guess is that there is an explanation for the 2016 draft that involved input from Bowles and Woody.  They are a team.  

The Lee pick to me was an attempt to fill an immediate need and compete in 2016, although he may have been the best option there regardless.    Prescott of somewhat of a lightening strike-may other QB needy teams also passed on him.  Why not the Browns for 4 rounds?  Raiders took Cook.  Even the Patriots passed on him and took Brissett.  But if Hack is completely useless in a year given the other succcesses, Macc could be toast.  Teams avoided him because of his DUI, and Dallas does have Elliott and a great line.

Well...that's an idea for building a great offense that even a rookie QB can lead-invest in the OL and a good RB.

Jury still out on Mac..For Bowles, the jury may be in.

Archived