Gruden: Glennon is a guy to keep an eye on, good young player

drdetroit

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Mike Glennon is pseudo-tall.  Sure he is 6'7", but at least 6" of that is neck!

Remember when we all wanted to combine Vinny's arm with Chad's brain?

Well, what about Glennon's neck and Cutler's chin???? Super Bowl!!!

5 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Why are we certain Glennon gets Osweiller money?  Os won games as a starter the year before he was signed.  Glennon hasn't started a game since week 9, 2014.

I agree with you here.  Osweiller was the subject of constant talk over his treatment in Denver, how his play put Denver in the SB and then he was passed over for Payton as a favor to Payton.

Glennon hasnt seen the field as anything other than a fill in for years.  Its a matter of being the hot prospect, player, coach etc if youre going to get money bump.

Just now, Jet Nut said:

I agree with you here.  Osweiller was the subject of constant talk over his treatment in Denver, how his play put Denver in the SB and then he was passed over for Payton as a favor to Payton.

Glennon hasnt seen the field as anything other than a fill in for years.  Its a matter of being the hot prospect, player, coach etc if youre going to get money bump.

gary-payton-touchdown-fail.png?resize=44

46 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Me?  You have quite the balls to talk.  Youre a whiney POS who knows how to dish it out and cant take it.  I never complain, you make a living complaining.  Im a dick?  Shlt like that sends you crying.  You really are a piece of work.  

Boo Hoo?  You havent stopped.  

You could never, ever walk a day in my shoes.  A sniveling baby like you has no idea, trust me.  Nothing funnier than a spoiled, whiney little bitch of a person telling me what is or isnt thin skinned and crying.  Or babyish.  You really have no idea who youre dealing with, what I am or arent

Ramsey, Fitz, etc, etc.  Youre clueless when it comes to QBs, admit it.  You have no friggen idea.  But your pompous, big mouth has no qualms telling, make that lecturing others, on the merits or each player.  Ridiculed some for liking a Glennon.  Never has anyone been so wrong who insists on talking so loudly.  

Jesus H. Christ, another day, another bought of psychosis-driven irony and rage, eh?

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Jesus H. Christ, another day, another bought of psychosis-driven irony and rage, eh?

And another post from you talking out of your ass?  You were told to stay out of it, but you have to escalate something that youre not a part of.   One more time, who asked you?  Maybe instead of running to WFs rescue you should just learn to STFU. No one asked you.  But you were quick to jump to your butt buddies defense, jumping on me when hes the one who started it, whos involved.  Ask him to stop?  No, that doesnt fit your agenda.  Easier to post another of your brain dead posts.  What kind of circle jerk are you part of?  

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And another post from you talking out of your ass?  You were told to stay out of it, but you have to escalate something that youre not a part of.   One more time, who asked you?  Maybe instead of running to WFs rescue you should just learn to STFU. No one asked you.  But you were quick to jump to your butt buddies defense, jumping on me when hes the one who started it, whos involved.  Ask him to stop?  No, that doesnt fit your agenda.  Easier to post another of your brain dead posts.  What kind of circle jerk are you part of?  

23-dating-life.gif?w=500&h=325

17 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

....but you have to escalate something that youre not a part of.   One more time, who asked you?

Kinda like you just did in this thread, getting in between me and DrDetriot with your sperging, eh?

Rational self-analysis just isn't your thing.

But by all means, tell us again how we "don't know who we're dealing with", it'll make great evidence when you eventually go on your mass shooting rampage.

22 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Kinda like you just did in this thread, getting in between me and DrDetriot with your sperging, eh?

Rational self-analysis just isn't your thing.

But by all means, tell us again how we "don't know who we're dealing with", it'll make great evidence when you eventually go on your mass shooting rampage.

I came to his defense and jumped on you?  Really?  

And I clearly said you couldnt walk a day in my shoes, you have know idea.  But you cant help yourself.  Mass shooting rampage?  LOL, moronic.  Where do you come from?

And, once again, you dont know who or what I am, what I live with.  So when you call me out, call me thin skinned I do laugh that it comes from someone who is still pissed off because someone questions your limited ability to judge QBs.  Poor little WARfish.

40 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Weak paraphrase of Hit 'Em Up IMO

With all due respect to this dopey thread.

One of our geniuses was quoting the very same Gruden today on Geno Smith being a great young talent in the QB department

Here is the actual post

Post of the week nomination

In the DELUSION department

Gruden agrees: the delusional one is you.  Geno has always played well when given weapons.  His performance  record over his last 5 games,  with weapons available, is sterling.  
He is accurate, has fast feet, an above average arm, better decision making and good mechanics.  In comparison Petty only has a strong arm. 

5 hours ago, gEYno said:

Why are we certain Glennon gets Osweiller money?  Os won games as a starter the year before he was signed.  Glennon hasn't started a game since week 9, 2014.

Can't be certain, but IMO Glennon has more potential than Osweiller. Even when he was winning with the Broncos, it seemed like he was going along for the ride. Not saying Glennon is a sure bet by any means, but even without talking money, I prefer Glennon over Osweiler. I thought the Broncos were crazy for what they offered him, and Houston was insane for beating it.

36 minutes ago, Be_a_Jet said:

Glennon is the guy who just won't go away. I don't get the love for this guy. I don't know when he even had the time to show his skills? That half a year with TB? Just confused. 

The answer to this ? I believe ... Is that there are very limited rebuilding team options available.

he has some points that his fans can hang their hat ... And is a reasonably young guy who should be  got by a team for below average starting (or above average backup) QB money.

so for many of us it is simply a matter of ... What better reasonable possibility is available to put into the mix with Petty/Hack ?

12 hours ago, Be_a_Jet said:

Glennon is the guy who just won't go away. I don't get the love for this guy. I don't know when he even had the time to show his skills? That half a year with TB? Just confused. 

Jon Gruden won a Super Bowl and is known as a QB guru.  Maybe he can help with the confusion

37 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Jon Gruden won a Super Bowl and is known as a QB guru.  Maybe he can help with the confusion

Jon Gruden annually does pieces on the top QBs coming out in the draft.  He gushes about every one of them.  

http://www.theonion.com/article/jon-gruden-impressed-by-every-blade-of-grass-on-fo-37626

Jon Gruden Impressed By Every Blade Of Grass On Football Field

960.jpg

GREEN BAY, WI—Hailing their contribution to the game as “extraordinary” and “totally underrated,” ESPN Monday Night Football commentator Jon Gruden was reportedly full of praise for every single blade of grass at Lambeau Field during tonight’s matchup between the Falcons and Packers. “Now, that’s a blade of grass right there—it’s not the biggest on the field, but it stands tall when it matters, and it’s got all the things you look for in a solid, reliable blade of grass,” Gruden said of a 1.8-inch grass stem situated near the 15-yard line, raving that each of the roughly 61 million Kentucky bluegrass reeds collectively make up “the best tandem of grass in the National Football League, no question.” “I love what I’m seeing out there—tough, no-nonsense, old-school blades of grass. People might say they just came up out of nowhere, but listen, it’s no surprise to anyone who saw how good those seedlings were looking back in September. And I’ll tell you something else, they’ve only gotten stronger since then. If I were the Packers, I would be very, very happy with where those sprouts are at right now.” Gruden went on to say that the hash mark at Lambeau Field’s 46-yard line possesses the same amazing qualities as the Los Angeles Coliseum goal line of the late 1980s.

44 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Jon Gruden annually does pieces on the top QBs coming out in the draft.  He gushes about every one of them.  

http://www.theonion.com/article/jon-gruden-impressed-by-every-blade-of-grass-on-fo-37626

When you look at the QB's he's actually drafted...it kinda' makes you wonder.

Even still...I'm 100% in favor of Glennon.

• 1 year later...

Archived