Here we are at the fork in the road: so who's fault is it ? the coach or the players?

CanadienJetsFan

The team went out and wet the bed last night. On national TV to boot...perfect.  Where was the leadership when all was said and done? Revis, Marshall, Fitz, Harris, Breno, Wilk, Sheldon,et al ...no where to be found, heading for the parking lot once the game ended. To me, that is what was most disappointing about last night. I resigned myself to the fact that the season was over weeks ago and that tanking was for the better going forward. But to play with NO pride? WTF?

Regardless of who's coach going forward, last night showed that the time has come to gut out the veteran so-called leadership group and move on. The vacuum will be filled by new leaders ... players whose voices have been drowned out by the over-the-hill elders. Some are already on the roster, others are still to be found including a QB who's ready to lead.

This my fellow long time sufferring Jets fans is called a rebuild...I look forward to it. Now is Bowles still the guy to lead these guys? The next four weeks will tell us alot of those who are still "in ".

It's both.  The coaches stink.  Bowles may eventually get better as a HC but he's not where he needs to be right now.  Kacy Rodgers is incompetent as is every other defensive assistant.  The whole defensive staff should be gone at a minimum.

The players are garbage too.  QB, O-line, and the entire defense let the team down this season.

2 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

It's both.  The coaches stink.  Bowles may eventually get better as a HC but he's not where he needs to be right now.  Kacy Rodgers is incompetent as is every other defensive assistant.  The whole defensive staff should be gone at a minimum.

The players are garbage too.  QB, O-line, and the entire defense let the team down this season.

Agreed, the learning curve is always steep. Will Bowles be given the chance to learn, adjust and improve?..time will tell.

If Bowles survives this he should me mandated to shake up his staff.

Kacy Rodgers should be gone first. 

Replace with Vic Fangio who is on the outs in Chicago. Fangio is used to a 3-4  defense bur in chicago apparently Fox has been playing his 4-3 and it hasn't worked.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/07/report-vic-fangio-could-be-part-of-massive-overhaul-in-chicago/

The coaching staff and FO. There's enough talent on this team to be over 500 even with Fitz at QB. 

The CS has zero control of the team and the FO needs to do a better job with contracts, evaluating talent and the draft. Being over 500 makes for a more watchable season but it would be nice to make in a championship game once in a while. It's a ******* abortion.

6 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

If Bowles survives this he should me mandated to shake up his staff.

Kacy Rodgers should be gone first. 

Replace with Vic Fangio who is on the outs in Chicago. Fangio is used to a 3-4  defense bur in chicago apparently Fox has been playing his 4-3 and it hasn't worked.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/07/report-vic-fangio-could-be-part-of-massive-overhaul-in-chicago/

that kind of depends on the personnel.  they probably should be playing wilk, richardson, leo, and mcclendon at the same time.

Archived