Article: Chad changes his throwing mechanics. Will now throw the ball with extra zip.

Barton

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=420059

"The biggest point of emphasis for me right now is I'm changing mechanical issues with my throwing motion," Pennington said after a Thursday morning workout. "I really went back and studied it, and I want to really focus on it to where I gain more consistency with my throws, be more consistent with the velocity and really take it to the next level." :lol:(next level, classic)

So this offseason, his personal reclamation project began. Befitting someone who was Rhodes Scholar finalist at Marshall, Pennington has gone about this deliberately and scientifically, with plenty of film study and repetition. :lol:(rhodes scholar mention, classic)

"Changing the ball placement, how I'm holding the ball, would be No. 1," he said. "No. 2, I'm changing the actual motion and trying to incorporate more of a torque and twisting action with my upper body to where I can really incorporate my hips more." :lol: (almost too funny to be true!)

"I want to be more compact with the throw and not be an all-arm thrower. When you're an all-arm thrower, you lose that consistency because some days you have it and some days you don't. If you really rely on your hips and your core and get a torque with the throw, that creates consistency, no matter what your arm feels like." :lol:(i'm about to pee myself right now, this is too much!)

You can't make this stuff up.

And if you're wondering, I didnt take this article from 2004, 2005, 2006 or 2007 when Chad said the same exact thing. :rl:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bill Eichenberger is ecurb. There is no other explanation for this joke of an article. :rl:

And so far, its really worked out well for Chad. Wasn't he underthrowing 12 and 15 yard outs and curls just last week during OTA's? :rl:

He wants to be "more consistent with the velocity"? Does that mean he now wants even more of his throws to be 30 mph?

Maybe he means now all passes will be ducks, although how that is different than before I do not know. Did Chad really have a changeup throw? They all looked slow to me.

"No. 2, I'm changing the actual motion and trying to incorporate more of a torque and twisting action with my upper body to where I can really incorporate my hips more."

"If you really rely on your hips and your core and get a torque with the throw, that creates consistency, no matter what your arm feels like."

A view of the main mechanism in Chad's surgically repaired shoulder:

DSC03539.jpg

Really?

You dont think Manning worked on his mechanics this offseason?

Get real.

Sure he does, he continues to hone and keep sharp his ALREADY impeccable mechanics. Chad is trying to suddenly change his mechanics. Why? Because he throws like a girl, and now even he knows it and is desperately trying to do what he can to not throw like a girl. Unfortunately this desperate rhodes scholar hasn't learned that there really isn't any excercise or magic that can add significant velocity to throwing an object, be it a football, baseball, or you off of a cliff.

A 31 year old QB still trying to improve his mechanics to add arm strength is kind of sad.

Sure he does, he continues to hone and keep sharp his ALREADY impeccable mechanics. Chad is trying to suddenly change his mechanics. Why? Because he throws like a girl, and now even he knows it and is desperately trying to do what he can to not throw like a girl. Unfortunately this desperate rhodes scholar hasn't learned that there really isn't any excercise or magic that can add significant velocity to throwing an object, be it a football, baseball, or you off of a cliff.

My response was to DM using age as an issue... when in fact I would be quite upset at any QB of any age that didnt constantly work on his mechanics... ESPECIALLY with age becuase you will need to adapt to your body and how it changes with age.

I'm by no means a Chad homer, but I don't see anything wrong with trying to better himself at his job. He realizes he has a problem and is trying to do what he can to improve it. But I guess you guys would rather have him eat cheezy puffs, sitting on his ass and giving up.

I'm by no means a Chad homer, but I don't see anything wrong with trying to better himself at his job. He realizes he has a problem and is trying to do what he can to improve it. But I guess you guys would rather have him eat cheezy puffs, sitting on his ass and giving up.

No, most of us would rather see him gone. He isn't going to improve his arm strength at all with the crap he's doing. Its ridiculous and a joke. Sit back, collect your money that you made off of one great 12 game stretch 6 years ago and keep quiet Chad.

They really would...

Hey Barton... why dont you spend more time making fun of Bakers cry baby ass...

Chad is just doing his job... above and beyond what some JETS players are doing...

Really?

Get real.

You'd figure that all these fans that think Chad sucks would be happy he's working on some things considering that they might have to deal with him being the starting QB. Also, QB's can get better with age as it is a very cerebral position to play. The more you study and learn, the more you have a chance to improve both mechanics and vision. Everything Chad is working on is positive but there is a need to rip on him as usual. Whatever! I will be rooting for whoever leads the team into the Opener against Miami.

I'm a Jets fan, not a Kellen or Chad fan.

No, most of us would rather see him gone. He isn't going to improve his arm strength at all with the crap he's doing. Its ridiculous and a joke. Sit back, collect your money that you made off of one great 12 game stretch 6 years ago and keep quiet Chad.

Thats not your call... its the FO and coach Mangini's... so unless you want to start voicing your displeasure with the coach and such... I would take your own advice and sit back...

Chad is doing what THE JETS and Coach Mangini want him to do... you guys act like he is torturing you personally... he is doing what the JETS pay and ask him to do.

shouldn't you be bashing the FO for Chad's contract and not him? What's he supposed to do, turn it down?

shouldn't you be bashing the FO for Chad's contract and not him? What's he supposed to do, turn it down?

He's supposed to stay healthy and do what Quarterbacks that are paid $64 million over 7 years are expected of. Win and win championships.

I'll bet my life that you have something for Chad.

Dude, he's the one who wrote the article. Ecurb didn't leave to become a used car salesman, he left to become Chad Pennington's personal beat writer to try to sell his stories to online websites and or newspapers.

He's supposed to stay healthy and do what Quarterbacks that are paid $64 million over 7 years are expected of. Win and win championships.

He's played hurt and played to the best of his ability. I'm not saying the best of his ability is any good, but the FO offered the contract. you might want to take issue with them and for keeping him on the roster.

"he's supposed to stay healthy"????? You act like he has been faking injury and doesn't want to play....they guy has played hurt ALOT....he not dogging the field.

Honestly I don't give a rats ass that he's played hurt. He's brittle. He breaks easily and it isn't all just "bad luck". Obviously the way he was training in the Offseason was not helping certain parts of his body. Freak accidents and or injuries don't happen to one person 317 times.

WOW

All these years I thought Namath was a great QB, now I find out he sucked because he couldn't stay healthy.

Dude, he's the one who wrote the article. Ecurb didn't leave to become a used car salesman, he left to become Chad Pennington's personal beat writer to try to sell his stories to online websites and or newspapers.

I bet he does other things with Pennington that concerns the word beat.

WOW

All these years I thought Namath was a great QB, now I find out he sucked because he couldn't stay healthy.

Remind me how many times Joe Namath missed games until later on his career, and remind me how many rings Joe Namath has over Chad Pennington. Joe Namath also came into the league thinking that he would play four seasons and that would be it. Now thats a tough S.O.B. who played through tougher injuries and did not miss Chad Pennington type time.

Just wondering.

did you fail to notice the Jets are in a division with a juggernaut?

Did you fail to notice that in 2005, a year in which he was hurt in Game 3 and missed the remainder of the season, the New England Patriots won the division at 10-6, the same record the Jets made it to the playoffs with the year before and came withing a field goal from the AFC Championship Game?

The Jets were serious contenders that year and when Pennington went down, so did the season. His injury started a waterfall of injuries and problems in 2005.

Really?

Get real.

Peyton Manning is doing the opposite of what Chad is doing. He, like Brady last off-season, is throwing less to preserve his arm.

How is a guy who never had a strong arm going to magically improve it at the age of 31?

Did you fail to notice that in 2005, a year in which he was hurt in Game 3 and missed the remainder of the season, the New England Patriots won the division at 10-6, the same record the Jets made it to the playoffs with the year before and came withing a field goal from the AFC Championship Game?

The Jets were serious contenders that year and when Pennington went down, so did the season. His injury started a waterfall of injuries and problems in 2005.

Yeah well, the Fins have sucked since they got rid of Jay Fiedler, but for some reason he doesn't get that same respect. Clearly, it was all Jay Fiedler for them making the playoffs.

Archived