Jets fans are mentally ill

bitonti

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah he was hurt but he wanted to go back in - and he eventually DID!

Herm could have let #10 back in the game right away. Chad could play as evidenced by the dozen or so passes he attempted after the 3rd quarter. Herm only let him back in when he had to... granted it was like 3 offensive plays later. It was a coaching decision of sorts.

My point isn't that part of the statement - it's that sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. The Jets weren't lucky today and that's the way it goes. Ripping the franchise down to the foundation and rebuilding isn't going to solve anything. At least not for the immediate future. You guys want to start planning for 2009, fine go ahead and fire everyone.

Homey, your problem is that you think that winning the Super Bowl is like 50% luck. As if Herm's time will come or some sh*t. Bro, you make your own luck. The Pats win because they're better coached than anyone else. Bottom line. We lose because other teams are better coached than ours is. Accept that.

TS you show me a game when any of those men won after losing their starting QB and their backup QB and i'll never bring this line of argument up again.

You can't win with a cripple at QB. It's darn near impossible.

Five years, Bit. At some point you have to look at the common denominator.

when you guys go to bed tonight be sure to say your prayers for the big guy upstairs to send his son down to human form again to pick up the headset of the NYJ. That's the type of coach it will take to overcome this level of bad luck/s--t karma. [-o<

Cmon! Fans screaming at the top of their lungs while their own team is at the 11 yard line going in!! Chad waves his arms for quiet and they cheer louder??! Neanderthals!

Parcells almost did it.

Belly was too scared to try.

Everyone else is an also ran.

But don't think that just because you don't like the current results that you are entitled to anything better, just because you want it to be that way. There are 31 other teams in the league with fans who also feel they are entitled.

1998 is gone. The JETS CS is not HOF caliber now and they wouldn't be if JOhn go for 2 Fox or Marvin 8-8 Lewis got the job either. it's time people got over it and moved on to a little thing i like to call reality.

The reality is you need to catch breaks to win in this league. Having to decide between Chad with a torn up arm and no understanding of the offense and Brooks 9 career attempts Bollinger is not a good break. Justin Miller playing hot potato with the punt on his own 20 is not a good break. Chrebet dropping a game winning TD is not a good break. That's the way it goes. You want to be angry about it - hey you go on with your bad selves.

I've said my peace.

when you guys go to bed tonight be sure to say your prayers for the big guy upstairs to send his son down to human form again to pick up the headset of the NYJ. That's the type of coach it will take to overcome this level of bad luck/s--t karma. [-o<

Cmon! Fans screaming at the top of their lungs while their own team is at the 11 yard line going in!! Chad waves his arms for quiet and they cheer louder??! Neanderthals!

Parcells almost did it.

Belly was too scared to try.

Everyone else is an also ran.

But don't think that just because you don't like the current results that you are entitled to anything better, just because you want it to be that way. There are 31 other teams in the league with fans who also feel they are entitled.

1998 is gone. The JETS CS is not HOF caliber now and they wouldn't be if JOhn go for 2 Fox or Marvin 8-8 Lewis got the job either. it's time people got over it and moved on to a little thing i like to call reality.

The reality is you need to catch breaks to win in this league. Having to decide between Chad with a torn up arm and no understanding of the offense and Brooks 9 career attempts Bollinger is not a good break. Justin Miller playing hot potato with the punt on his own 20 is not a good break. Chrebet dropping a game winning TD is not a good break. That's the way it goes. You want to be angry about it - hey you go on with your bad selves.

I've said my peace.

Perhaps, just maybe those mistakes were made becuase the moron we have as a coach was too busy trying to motivate when he should have been coaching how to execute? Just a thought.

I gotta be honest as much as I want to be the guy who tries to tear things down just to build them up you gotta look at the game objectively. The coaching staff put is in a good position to win the game so I'm sick of hearing this crud about firing herm and everyone putting the blame on him. Our Offensvie line doesn't even look a tiny bit like it did last year.

all of you uninformed people have no idea what your talking about as far as Penningtons health is concerned. If the guy isn't healthy enough to start then he shouldn't be out there plain and simple. I don't think the coach's put a guy out there that they think is still hurting and can't play better than Fiedler.

Pennington doesn't look hurt to me(obviously I'm not talking about after he got knocked out), he looks like he has no concept of where he should be in the pocket and no idea where his recievers are supposed to be. That has nothing to do with his arm stregnth. The INT's he has been throwing this season are not because of a lack of an arm he isn't putting the ball in spots that recievers can even make plays. I have seen him throw balls directly to defenders where there was no offensive reciever anywhere to be found.

I can't give Pennington a get out of jail free card because of his injury. Chad hasn't looked good for an extended period of time since the year Vinny went down. The guy has never been asked to make the big plays neccesary to keep defenses honest and now opposing coaches are forcing him to make the big plays. CB on the other teams jump the comebacks and slants and give him no respect downfield.

Our Recievers really didn't look good today McCareins imparticular. He looked like he was whispering to the defense what route he was about to run he couldn't have possibly gotten less seperation from defenders. Chrebet just isn't a clutch reciever anymore. Ever since that boneheaded play where he tried to jump clear over a defender and fumbled the ball to lose the game he has never done anything even worthy of a roster spot IMO. What is the love affair with Chrebet do the guy a favor sit him on the bench and let him spend some happy healthy years with his family because he isn't helping out the Jets. Cotchery should be playing

Bit, mentally ill is when you are afraid to fire a mediocre HC because you are scared that you may go 4-12 instead of being a medicore 9-7 every year and backing into the playoffs due to 5th tie breaker or a team losing to 4th stringers - without even realizing the flip side of it that you may actually get a better HC. But in Bit's world there is nobody out there who can do a better job than Mr. 9-7 Herm Edwards.

Being mentally ill is making fun of a guy like John Fox who took over a 1-15 team and had them in the super bowl in his second season and defending Herm who still hasnt figured out there are 60 seconds in a minute....

Thats really mentally ill.

Listen Bit, i have no gripes with Herm after today's game. As you said, its hard to win when both of your QB's have damaged throwing wings. I wish Blaylock would have gotten more carries especially in OT with his fresh legs but I realized a long time ago that Herm is on a mission to help Curtis break Emmitt's record. i have accepted that. The players and injuries were the main reason why we lost today.

But you are the last person who should be calling anybody mentally ill. While you are a knowledgeable fan, and I enjoy reading your posts, you do have the tendenancy to say some crazy s__t that is way out there at times. I guess we all do. The Jets do that to us. :cry:

Alright man. Thomas played ok. He had a sack. What is that 2 in 4 years?

But you know soooo much about football. Im sorry. I cant believe I'm posting in this thread. Nowhere near your level of football knowledge.

bit give it a rest or ill stop kissing your ass, gay bryon thomas lover.

we have 2 injured qb's

our # 3 is on the horizon

our O looks pitiful

fabini is gone

whats the hell is there to be happy about?

look up "bi-polar disorder"

that's you guys.

Am I the only one who watched the game? If Wayne holds onto that ball he's a hero, Chad is a gutsy leader and Herm...well he's still Herm but he would be a winner.

but no - chad's a fraud, Herm is a retard, the WR are worthless, blah blah blah blah blah.

Bit-

The DB strip of the Jags WR in the 4th quarter and Abraham's sack, forced fumble leading to the James Reed TD-

Take those two plays out of the this game, and the Jets performance was Cardinalesque.

I would have said Bengalesque, except the Bengals are 3-0 right now, as they hired Marv Lewis, who was able to take a horrible team and turn them around in 3 seasons.

Herm took a good team and tread water for as long as he could, but could no longer delay the inevitable-

He's a fraud.

The secondary has been a complete revolving door of sick, lame and crazies and expensive FA's that never seem to pan out; The 0-line, every year is "revamped" and "tinkered" with- it is now a sieve; the QB, who singlehandedly saved Herm and Bradways job in 2002, was rewarded with a boucou denero contract, thus delaying the inevitability of somebody finally having to come forward and say THE EMPORER HAS NO CLOTHES; the FA WR's continue to drop balls; the 32 year old RB has finally grown up...

What you saw on the field yesterday as Giants stadium took years in the making, Bit.

It is the end result of piss poor management, poor personel decision based primarily on emotion rather than pragmatism and logic, as well as incompetence and confused objectives.

I post what I feel is right. You don't agree that's fine it's a discussion board let's discuss.

I just don't understand what Jets fans expect from a team that has no healthy QB!

Herm actually from what I can see had a very good coaching game - he won his challenges, he did the lineman swap that everyone wanted with Jones at LT and Gragg at RT, he pulled Chad for Jay -

what more do you expect out of a coach?

Herm can't go out there and field punts, catch touchdown passes. Curtis/Blaylock can't their thing when the time of possession is 21 minutes after 4 quarters.

Bollinger? Is that really what we wanted to see? The Brooks Bollinger show? Brooks is a quality guy to have around if you are defending the Alamo and need a warm body to take bullets.

I just don't see the point of bashing for the sake of bashing. The game was lost on the field. The game was essentially over when Jay went down leaving the Jets with no healthy starting caliber QB's. WHat's to bash?

They were lucky it went to OT!!

Bitonti answer this if you are so confident in DuhHerm. Why did he roll out an unhealthy 64 million dollar QB at the beginning of the season when it was obvious he couldn't throw the ball? Why not put in Fiedler, who is probably the best backup QB in the league right now, to start at least the first 3-5 games and let Chad heal? How execatly is Chad doing anything out there that helps this team win games?

Secondly, I am not confident that Bollinger is a good QB. But to throw Chad back in the game when it was CLEAR AS DAY that his arm was shot to sh*t was just plain idiotic. Chad could do nothing to win that game for us. Bollinger probably doesn't win it either, but at least we don't risk further damage to the 64 million dollar man. Herm's absent mindedness likely cost us the season, and maybe Chad's career.

And don't get me started with the TO's at the end of the 4tyh. Jax was up to the 30-40 yd line content to run out the clock. Herm starts calling Time Outs, they get a first down, and now they are 30 yds away from FG range with 3 TO's and 40 seconds. Leftwich overthrew Matt Jones. If that pass connects, Herm gave them the game, plain and simple. What good could have been accomplished? If we stopped them there, they punt. Chad isn't driving anyone 80 yards with 40 seconds and no TO's. Herm is a bonafide idiot. I have defended him in the past, but it is indefensable at this point. He's an idiot. You know it, I know it, the whole friggin world knows it.

It is hard to see any good positive things out there Bit-Jet fans are just calling it as they they see the team and the coach play the first three games.

The whole offense is pathetic right now- the o/line has been losing the line of scrimmage-Martin does not have the juice to break the holes that do show up.

The receivers are dropping passes they have to catch and we have 2 QB's with bad shoulders and Chad if healthy I doubt would do any good

Bitonti answer this if you are so confident in DuhHerm. Why did he roll out an unhealthy 64 million dollar QB at the beginning of the season when it was obvious he couldn't throw the ball? Why not put in Fiedler, who is probably the best backup QB in the league right now, to start at least the first 3-5 games and let Chad heal? How execatly is Chad doing anything out there that helps this team win games?

Secondly, I am not confident that Bollinger is a good QB. But to throw Chad back in the game when it was CLEAR AS DAY that his arm was shot to Sh#t was just plain idiotic. Chad could do nothing to win that game for us. Bollinger probably doesn't win it either, but at least we don't risk further damage to the 64 million dollar man. Herm's absent mindedness likely cost us the season, and maybe Chad's career.

And don't get me started with the TO's at the end of the 4tyh. Jax was up to the 30-40 yd line content to run out the clock. Herm starts calling Time Outs, they get a first down, and now they are 30 yds away from FG range with 3 TO's and 40 seconds. Leftwich overthrew Matt Jones. If that pass connects, Herm gave them the game, plain and simple. What good could have been accomplished? If we stopped them there, they punt. Chad isn't driving anyone 80 yards with 40 seconds and no TO's. Herm is a bonafide idiot. I have defended him in the past, but it is indefensable at this point. He's an idiot. You know it, I know it, the whole friggin world knows it.

A summary of Bit's arguments:

1) Winning has nothing to do with bad coaching.

2) Herm is not a bad coach, just unlucky.

3) You can't win without a good/healthy QB.

4) Herm did a great job pulling an injured, half-dead Pennington.

5) We almost won, so that's good enough for me.

6) Our fans are stupid, which is why we haven't won for 37 years.

7) Man, I love Bryan Thomas.

8 ) Chrebet sucks!

9) People respect me and my website, so flaming all Jets fans besides myself is OK.

10) Well, at least Chad is better than Bollinger...

look up "bi-polar disorder"

that's you guys.

Am I the only one who watched the game? If Wayne holds onto that ball he's a hero, Chad is a gutsy leader and Herm...well he's still Herm but he would be a winner.

but no - chad's a fraud, Herm is a retard, the WR are worthless, blah blah blah blah blah.

They took the other team to overtime with injuries to both starting and backup quarterback, the left tackle and their second best LB.

It makes me sick to read these boards with this nonsense and embarassed to be a fan - not because of the Jets the team but because of the fans.

The majority of Jets fans complaining about this loss don't know the difference between a football and their ballsack.

When the clock was running at the end of regulation it was to prevent a last second tying drive from JAX, assuming the NYJ score the TD - which they were about a inch away from doing.

Let's be real without a starting QB - we were lucky it was even a game.

Most times the starting QB gets knocked out and the backup gets knocked out the game becomes a blowout.

Oh yeah and don't tell me about Bollinger, that sucker is a week and a half away from delivering my eBay packages in a pair of brown shorts.

don't be stupid - [-X maybe you guys should read football for dummies.

=D> Couldn't have said it better myself. Fact is Chad is not healthy and is still being a warrior and playing through it. Of course everyone in the peanut gallery is clamoring for Fiedler and he comes in and gets hurt on about his 4th play. Stupid penalties also hurt us at several points throughout the game, not to mention Justin Miller's 2nd muffed punt. The defense played great but sometimes the Jaguars had such great field position that you can't even do anything about it. This place is a joke after a loss. I'm shocked people don't even realize that Chad is hurt. If he was really this bad, he would never have had all those great games before. He is clearly not all the way back from his injury and probably should not be playing right now.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Fact is Chad is not healthy and is still being a warrior and playing through it.

Any time the Hermaphrodites break out the W word, you know they know their argument sucks rotten eggs.

Chad's a warrior; Curtis is a warrior; Herm's a warrior.

Horsespit. No, they are not. It's empty rhetoric. And it's practically a cue that you have nothing of substance left to say.

Chad's shoulder is shot and a real coach wouldn't have dressed him the last 3 weeks.

Martin, crappy OL nothwithstanding, is old, slow, incapable of breaking a tackle and done.

Edwards should be fired at year's end.

Damn shame this very good Jets defense, David Barrett and all, will have been wasted.

While some people who support this staff have something to say and at least try to back it up(like Bit or J-mac), others break out the pom poms no matter what. Hey, JI is still up, if they haven't crashed their server again. By all means, feel free to pretend this season isn't a disaster, but do it over there. Someone's press pass is at stake.

Any time the Hermaphrodites break out the W word, you know they know their argument sucks rotten eggs.

Chad's a warrior; Curtis is a warrior; Herm's a warrior.

Horsespit. No, they are not. It's empty rhetoric. And it's practically a cue that you have nothing of substance left to say.

Chad's shoulder is shot and a real coach wouldn't have dressed him the last 3 weeks.

Martin, crappy OL nothwithstanding, is old, slow, incapable of breaking a tackle and done.

Edwards should be fired at year's end.

Damn shame this very good Jets defense, David Barrett and all, will have been wasted.

Over the Top or not Bugg I saw this coming for awhile! Can't Blame Old Bit though..Being a Liberal

he's for any program that gives a unheard of obscure DB Coach a HC shot!! If this was Pete Carroll Bit would have canned him long ago!! :mrgreen:

Bottom line about yesterday.

The OL got abused by the Jags defensive line.

Very little in the way of a running game.

Very little if anything in the ways of a passing game.

We all knew going into this game that the Jets could not afford to make mistakes. The Jets made MORE than their share of mistakes and deserved to lose that game.

I do think though that Herm has to be taken for task for Pennington. You went out and signed Fiedler in case something happend to Chad. Guess what something did happen to Chad. He wasn't ready to go but Herm went with him anyway.

Call it a second guess but I think the Jets, their fans and Pennington himself misread how bad he was really hurt.

You better stop counting your chickens PhinPhan... 2-1 and 1-2 isn't really going to rock the world just yet.

Congrats on your win, but remember, you didn't beat us.

BZ

Yeah I know...I wasn't trying to rub it in...I would actually like to see Fiedler play well for you guys...That sucks that he got banged up so quickly....any word on his condition yet?

Archived