Wow! Giants final drive

Preston Howley III

Not sayinG Coughlin is a great coach, but he's a seasoned professional NFL coach. As opposed to the special ed lad at Hofstra.

But Coughlin treats the NY press like mushrooms-throw sh!t at'em and keep'em in the dark. Hermie damn near tells them about everything short of shape,color and texture his last BM. Coughlin supposedly is on the cusp of getting fired and Hermie is a top 5 coach;ask Mark Cannizzaro.

Coughlin got all pissed at the press this week when they started asking why barber didn't get more carries and he basically exploded that the offense in particular and his team in general sucked. And the press made him sound like a ranting loon. But you see the very transcript of Hermie and SEE IN BLACK AND WHITE that he's completely clueless and yet they say nothing. There is a double standard-be nice to reporters and they'll cover for you, right until the end.

On the second to last scoring drive, Manning hit a long pass to Burruss. As he passed it, you could see the offensive lineman hanging on to the shirt of the D-lineman who had just blown past him. The ref was standing right there, how the **** is that not holding??

Gutless coaching by the Broncos on both sides of the ball. Offensively, Shanny was calling it so conservative at the end with only a six point lead as if he was winning by 20.

Defensively it was mind boggling. All game long the broncos are blitzing the heck out of Eli, making him throw the ball away, making feel uncomfortable. Then on the last drive they fall into that prevent garbage, send nobody, and they let Eli carv them up for the win.

^^^

Agreed. Shanny went way too conservative late in the game trying to run the football, while a couple first downs wins you the game.

Will coaches ever learn, playing not to lose ultimately causes you to lose?

The Giants secondary is awful and the Broncos are trying to run down the clock with Mike Anderson going nowhere on their final drive.

A giants win is only second to a jets loss in my book. I hated every second of that drive. You just knew it was going to be the Dallas game all over again, except this time there wasn't going to be a coin toss in overtime. I knew when Elam missed that field goal the Giants were going to make them pay.

This is the absolute worst,the Jets are in the midst of a 5 to 7 win season and the Giants have one of the highest scoring offenses in the NFL and look like one of the top up-and-coming teams in the league. Man this sh*tty season is really starting to pile up on me.

^^^

Agreed. Shanny went way too conservative late in the game trying to run the football, while a couple first downs wins you the game.

Will coaches ever learn, playing not to lose ultimately causes you to lose?

The Giants secondary is awful and the Broncos are trying to run down the clock with Mike Anderson going nowhere on their final drive.

But, that seems to be the M.O. of all those WCO coaches. All the ones under that Holmgren tree, anyway.

Not sayinG Coughlin is a great coach, but he's a seasoned professional NFL coach. As opposed to the special ed lad at Hofstra.

But Coughlin treats the NY press like mushrooms-throw sh!t at'em and keep'em in the dark. Hermie damn near tells them about everything short of shape,color and texture his last BM. Coughlin supposedly is on the cusp of getting fired and Hermie is a top 5 coach;ask Mark Cannizzaro.

Coughlin got all pissed at the press this week when they started asking why barber didn't get more carries and he basically exploded that the offense in particular and his team in general sucked. And the press made him sound like a ranting loon. But you see the very transcript of Hermie and SEE IN BLACK AND WHITE that he's completely clueless and yet they say nothing. There is a double standard-be nice to reporters and they'll cover for you, right until the end.

Personally, I am not fond of the vast majority of the NY beat writers. I'd like to see the lot of them handed pink slips as fast as the Jets front office.

While I agree that Herm has been given special treatment by more than a few, based mostly on his personality, (and not coaching), I believe that this whole charade is about to fall apart.

Wins matter, and it's obvious that the Giants are a much better prepared, and better coached team.

Gutless coaching by the Broncos on both sides of the ball. Offensively, Shanny was calling it so conservative at the end with only a six point lead as if he was winning by 20.

Defensively it was mind boggling. All game long the broncos are blitzing the heck out of Eli, making him throw the ball away, making feel uncomfortable. Then on the last drive they fall into that prevent garbage, send nobody, and they let Eli carv them up for the win.

You may be right on the overall game plan by Shanahan, but that last drive, the Giants hurry up offense was forcing the Broncos D to play on the offense's terms. The Bronc's had to waste a time out before the two minute warning just to re-group and get a breather.

And if I'm not mistaking, they did blitz on the critical first down strike to Shockey.

Archived