Movies We've Seen Thread

so I watched the shining last night.  watching it a few days after ACO I had to laugh at the synthesizer music playing over the opening credits, did kubrick have that left over and just used it ? 

Kubrick used the same composer for those two, Wendy Carlos, but the opener of The Shining is her rendition of Symphonie Fantastque. Kubrick wanted it because it's supposedly a song about hallucinating about sh*t.

Kubrick used the same composer for those two, Wendy Carlos, but the opener of The Shining is her rendition of Symphonie Fantastque. Kubrick wanted it because it's supposedly a song about hallucinating about sh*t.

I've been reading all the conspiracy theories about the shining, holy hell, lol

it took 148 takes to do the scene where scatman tells danny what the shining is.  148

next up on the kubrick express is full metal jacket

I hope my wife doesnt think I'm going postal

I've been reading all the conspiracy theories about the shining, holy hell, lol

it took 148 takes to do the scene where scatman tells danny what the shining is. 148

next up on the kubrick express is full metal jacket

I hope my wife doesnt think I'm going postal

Careful with this sh*t man, Kubrick will take over your life.

Save FMJ. Start with The Killing.

The 7th installment in the Fast and Furious franchise just had the 4th highest global debut ever. What the ******* ****.

To be fair it was the best movie of that series. Not saying much since the other fast and furious movies are garbage but still.

I feel bad for this generation of Tweens. We grew up marveling over Star Wars and The Godfather. 50 years from now they'll be trying to figure out the significance of Vin Diesel doing a bad Marlon Brando impression.

• Upvote 1

No Dredd sequel. But they're already making a part 8 to this.

The 7th installment in the Fast and Furious franchise just had the 4th highest global debut ever. What the ******* ****.

You answered your own question.  Before you even asked it.  Maybe if you and your Comi-Con cronies would get a big group together to see it in the theaters they would have made a sequel.  We liked it.  Send me your petition and we will sign it.

You answered your own question. Before you even asked it. Maybe if you and your Comi-Con cronies would get a big group together to see it in the theaters they would have made a sequel. We liked it. Send me your petition and we will sign it.

I never asked a question. But since you did:

There's already been a huge petition. Lotta people signed it with Urban even participating as well. They've had Dredd days where we've all purchased it and the it's been in the black for a while. The problem is the distribution. They had to go independent for the global release and it's a giant cluster**** from a legal standpoint because it's all different companies that have the rights now. All because the original release was poorly marketed. ******* Hollywood. Even when they get something right they **** it up.

• Upvote 1

There's already been a huge petition. Lotta people signed it with Urban even participating as well. They've had Dredd days where we've all purchased it and the it's been in the black for a while. The problem is the distribution. They had to go independent for the global release and it's a giant cluster**** from a legal standpoint because it's all different companies that have the rights now. All because the original release was poorly marketed. ******* Hollywood. Even when they get something right they **** it up.

You're so cute when you're being all geeky!

Have to admit, We watched that on recommendation from this thread and enjoyed it.  It did not quite take over out lives like Attack on Titan (thanks Hess) but we did really enjoy it.  I was kind of against it from the Stallone movie.  Also from Demolition Man which I couldn't tell apart.

You're so cute when you're being all geeky!

Have to admit, We watched that on recommendation from this thread and enjoyed it. It did not quite take over out lives like Attack on Titan (thanks Hess) but we did really enjoy it. I was kind of against it from the Stallone movie. Also from Demolition Man which I couldn't tell apart.

Demolition Man is the sh*t. Shame on you.

Buy stock in Taco Bell right now.

You got that right. You see, according to Cocteau's plan... I'm the enemy. Because I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, the freedom of choice. I'm the kind of guy who likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder - "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of BBQ ribs with the side order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol. I wanna eat bacon and butter and BUCKETS of cheese, okay? I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section. I wanna run through the streets naked with green Jell-O all over my body reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly might feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiener." You live up top, you live Cocteau's way: what he wants, when he wants, how he wants. Your other choice: come down here... and maybe starve to death.

• Upvote 1

Just watched It Follows. Just a really cool, earnest, fun movie with some legitimately great scares. I love to see movies like this. Had a Sixth Sense vibe to it. I'm sure it was a metaphor about youth and sexual awakening, but I'd have to think about it.