Movies We've Seen Thread

Cool.  How about Pusher?  I will try Valhalla Rising next.  Willing to bet that I will finish Only God Forgives, but that doesn't mean it doesn't suck.

Only God Forgives is Refn's worst film times a billion. Not a good place to start if you're getting into him.  Start with Drive and then Bronson.

All of the Pusher movies are great. Kick you in the teeth levels of awesome.

• Upvote 1

Only God Forgives is Refn's worst film times a billion. Not a good place to start if you're getting into him.  Start with Drive and then Bronson.

All of the Pusher movies are great. Kick you in the teeth levels of awesome.

Gotcha.  Thanks.  I wasn't really looking to get into him.  I have already seen Drive and Bronson and didn't know he was a "thing"  Valhalla Rising is on Netflix, so that will be a go. 

Gotcha.  Thanks.  I wasn't really looking to get into him.  I have already seen Drive and Bronson and didn't know he was a "thing"  Valhalla Rising is on Netflix, so that will be a go. 

It's brutal, but slow with not a ton of story. Watch it when you're in the mood for something that's paced.

• Upvote 1

Just watched the documentary "The Sheik" on Netflix, not really great as far as documentaries go, but a worthwhile way to spend an hour and a half for people that grew up watching Iron Sheik wrestle. He's an interesting character for sure, I never knew about his coke bust in NJ leading to him being banned from WWF

Just watched the documentary "The Sheik" on Netflix, not really great as far as documentaries go, but a worthwhile way to spend an hour and a half for people that grew up watching Iron Sheik wrestle. He's an interesting character for sure, I never knew about his coke bust in NJ leading to him being banned from WWF

The WWF docs on Netflix are great. The Hitman and Legion of Doom ones are the best.

LOD in particular. They were an instance where yeah the wrestling is fake but they were not an act. Under no circumstances would you have ever wanted to **** with either of those guys.

I think that is what people don't understand.  Professional wrestling is not fake, it is staged.  Huge difference.

Every time I watch UFC, at least once I think to myself, "Andre the Giant would have killed all of you."

Hah.  2 stories.

I knew a woman who had a cousin that wrote a Broadway style musical about Andre the Giant.  It was ******* awesome.  I had the CD, but don't know where it is.  I think I gave it back to her, but she swore I didn't.  I have not spoken to her in years, so I guess I will never hear it again. :(

My cousin was a trainer.  He trained wrestlers, some boxers and MMA guys.  I think he had his card to wrestle, but never did any shows. Just the locals where he was an extra guy in the crowd that would smash a chair over somebody's head.  About 15-20 years ago I am talking to him on the phone and I hear this tremendous crash and him cursing and yelling at somebody.  Then the usual "Hey!  How are you doing?" Turns out some guy he trained from the wrestling school saw him on the pay phone and smashed a garbage can over his head.  Those guys are ******* crazy.

Saw the HBO doc/bio about Kurt Cobain last night. Depressing doesn't begin to describe the downer this was.His parents, stepmom(who looks like a joy to be around) , Krist Novselic and Courtney Love participate, neither his daughter nor Dave Grohl did. Takeway for child rearing purposes; Kurt's an active little sheet, so let's give him Ritalin for breakfast, lunch and dinner. May be he is never the rock star he became if they were, I dunno, LOVING PARENTS, but may be he's still here. 

Kind of bizarre that the guys who made The Matrix and Cloud Atlas also made Jupiter Ascending and Speed Racer. I just watched Jupiter and can confirm that it is right up with the biggest pieces of sh*t blockbusters of all time. Right up with Wild Wild West and Battlefield Earth. It's that bad.

Okay.  I saw Ultron.  I agree, it was a quite a mess.  Enjoyable enough.  The ultron guy's outfit looked like something from a 50's movie - complete with the makeup on his chest.  The new ultron guy, not the fake terminator Andrew McCarthy.  I know, I know, it was James Spader.  How big a difference is that, really?

Kind of bizarre that the guys who made The Matrix and Cloud Atlas also made Jupiter Ascending and Speed Racer. I just watched Jupiter and can confirm that it is right up with the biggest pieces of sh*t blockbusters of all time. Right up with Wild Wild West and Battlefield Earth. It's that bad.

The wachowski bros have been in an enormous slump since the second matrix movie. I'm amazed they still get these Hollywood executives to fork over $400 million to make these crapfests.

The wachowski bros have been in an enormous slump since the second matrix movie. I'm amazed they still get these Hollywood executives to fork over $400 million to make these crapfests.

they not bros anymore

• Upvote 1

It is pretty funny in the Avengers how they try to act like each individuals life is so precious, but they had to kill thousands of people in each of the chases, robot army wars and Hulk rampage.  Also, Scarlett Johansson's cutesy "excuse me, pardon me" during the motorcycle thing were beyond annoying.

It is pretty funny in the Avengers how they try to act like each individuals life is so precious, but they had to kill thousands of people in each of the chases, robot army wars and Hulk rampage.  Also, Scarlett Johansson's cutesy "excuse me, pardon me" during the motorcycle thing were beyond annoying.

It's just Whedon. Everything and every scene needs to have quips and one liners. I have never been the biggest fan of his because it gets annoying. Kinda why I'm ecstatic about them handing the reigns over to The Russo Brothers. Winter Soldier was everything that the MCU should be.

• Upvote 1

I am sure that I will go see Mad Max and like it, but I think the further afield they go from the society we know the less I like it.  I liked the first one best.  I like my lawless anarchy closer to current realism.  Like the New York I remember.  I am assuming that this one will be pretty far out there.

I am sure that I will go see Mad Max and like it, but I think the further afield they go from the society we know the less I like it. I liked the first one best. I like my lawless anarchy closer to current realism. Like the New York I remember. I am assuming that this one will be pretty far out there.

Ru referring to Mad Max or Road Warrior? 2 Very different films.

I'm a Road Warrior guy. That final truck chase scene is legendary.

Ru referring to Mad Max or Road Warrior? 2 Very different films.

I'm a Road Warrior guy. That final truck chase scene is legendary.

I preferred Mad Max.  I prefer the deteriorating world to the complete absence of society.  Mad Max is my favorite.  I prefer it to Road Warrior. I like to be able to imagine myself in my dystopian societies without going too far into the future or having to imagine too huge of a cataclysmic event.