Movies We've Seen Thread

New Mad Max early reviews are exceptionally promising.  Looking forward to this one.

Me too.  I try not to get too hyped up on previews because I have been suckered in the past.  But man this movie looks so awesome.  I love post apocalyptic flicks.  

Holy sh*tballs, Noah is ******* crazy.

Iunno how I can have mixed feelings about a movie that had both Jennifer Connelly and Emma Watson in it, but Noah pulled it off. I want to give it another shot because it's not even bad, just felt tedious.

----

Black female director, Ava DuVernay, is being tied to the MCU. Cue up Black Panther or Ms. Marvel rumors! Cinemablend image:

marvel_studios_71420.jpg

Why can't she make the first Thor movie that didn't blow chunks? Hollywood, probably.

Edit:: Yes, I know that in that article they mention that indeed, a woman was supposed to director the last Thor sequel. Still - booooo Disney.

Good movie that overlooked because it came out around same time Am Sniper came out do the patriotic love didn't catch on with it. The Japanese prison guard who beat the sh*t out of him was interviewed on 60 minutes in 1997.

he was one sick and troubled dude wasn't he Doc? How did ever explain himself and his sadistic actions? Let me guess; he was following orders right?

Crazy thing about this new Mad Max film is it was originally supposed to be a vehicle for Mel Gibson to return as an older version of the character like Stallone did for Rambo.

Except Mel had to do the whole I hate Jews and N-words thing.

Not totally accurate. That was partially a reason for a brief period of time but not the cause when all was said and done. They were set to go way before the racist stuff, but 9/11 happened and the studio pulled because the dollar dropped. Then they secured it up again but the U.S. had such tight travel restrictions that Miller couldn't film where he wanted to. Even then, Miller still had plans to use Gibson even in the aftermath of him going off the deep end, but because Fury Road is supposed to take place between I and II, it didn't make sense because Gibson was too old.

Not totally accurate. That was partially a reason for a brief period of time but not the cause when all was said and done. They were set to go way before the racist stuff, but 9/11 happened and the studio pulled because the dollar dropped. Then they secured it up again but the U.S. had such tight travel restrictions that Miller couldn't film where he wanted to. Even then, Miller still had plans to use Gibson even in the aftermath of him going off the deep end, but because Fury Road is supposed to take place between I and II, it didn't make sense because Gibson was too old.

I thought they were considering him for a cameo.  His age wouldn't have mattered then because he wouldn't be playing Max.  I wonder how deep he is blackballed.  Tyson is a convicted rapist and Galifinakis was fine with him being in the Hangover movies, but threw a hissy fit at the idea of Gibson being in one.

I thought they were considering him for a cameo. His age wouldn't have mattered then because he wouldn't be playing Max. I wonder how deep he is blackballed. Tyson is a convicted rapist and Galifinakis was fine with him being in the Hangover movies, but threw a hissy fit at the idea of Gibson being in one.

From what I've read over the years, and I've followed this one very closely because I am a huge Mad Max fan, Miller is adamant about completely turning it over to Hardy going forward. If Fury Road is successful, and it looks like it will be, both Theron and Hardy will be back for another one very soon. They were supposed to shoot both back to back, but they had to do a LOT of reshoots for Fury Road so that held it up. So I think with that large a goal in mind, Miller didn't want to give the impression that Gibson was passing some sort of torch to him on screen. More just a continuation with a guy who is every bit as good an actor.

Just back from Mad Max - the stunts, especially in the 2nd half of the movie, are insane. Found myself laughing quite a bit at the mayhem I was seeing onscreen - and unlike say the Avengers or any other recent "action" movie, the stunts looked completely real; was about 95 minutes of truck-chase, 25 minutes of other stuff. I saw it in glorious 2D, but will be trying out 3D at some stage. It's one I'll definitely see a few times before it ends its run.

Oh yeah, Mel Gibson sort of does appear in the film - there's a bit at the start which really reminds me of a scene from Gibson's movie, Apocalypto - if you've seen both movies you'll know it when you see it.

Just back from Mad Max - the stunts, especially in the 2nd half of the movie, are insane. Found myself laughing quite a bit at the mayhem I was seeing onscreen - and unlike say the Avengers or any other recent "action" movie, the stunts looked completely real; was about 95 minutes of truck-chase, 25 minutes of other stuff. I saw it in glorious 2D, but will be trying out 3D at some stage. It's one I'll definitely see a few times before it ends its run.

Oh yeah, Mel Gibson sort of does appear in the film - there's a bit at the start which really reminds me of a scene from Gibson's movie, Apocalypto - if you've seen both movies you'll know it when you see it.

Can't wait myself... getting good reviews too 

http://www.cinemablend.com/reviews/Mad-Max-Fury-Road-66583.html

• Upvote 1

I know that Mad Max weekend is starting and all, but...

I started No-No, that Dock Ellis documentary last night and it seemed pretty good.  It starts off with the LSD no-hitter.  Not surprisingly there were a bunch of walks and hit batters.  Apparently there is much more to it.  I tend to watch these Netflix movies in pieces when I am falling asleep.  The 70's were awesome, if only for the hair and fashion.

Its sort of set after the events of the first film - where Max is haunted by the death of his family, its not really giving anything away by saying Max repeatedly sees visions of his dead family through the film. There are references to the earlier films, and not just actors who come back for different roles, but other stuff you'll pick up if you've seen them all. Its an insane film, so intense, the last third or so was so eye-poppingly crazy I couldn't absorb all I was seeing on the screen. I found myself laughing quite a few times at how over the top the mayhem was. The editing and cinematography is top notch.

• Upvote 2

I saw MM: Fury Road last night. I thought it was a good summer popcorn flick. The action is over the top, which is just what I was looking for. It is very reminiscent of The Road Warrior. I recommend it, but be prepared, you're basically paying to see a 2 hour car chase! BTW Guitar Guy is a sight to see! I saw it in 3-D but in my opinion it could be viewed regularly and you will enjoy just the same

What a great, crazy, ****ed-up, gonzo flick Mad Max is. It's an orgy of insane imagery framing what is essentially an extended opium-overdose car chase.

I can't watch movies twice, but I'm seriously considering going to see Mad Max again.

Awesome.  

Mad Max is just well done in every way and the acting was excellent. Hardy is a great Max and Charlize Theron is great is Imperator Furiousa. There really is nothing bad I can say about it after the original Road Warrior it's my favorite in the series.

BRONSON

Tom Hardy is effing amazing in this role-what a crazy bad azz he plays of a real person alive and not so well (mentally anyway) in a British prison not near you. You need to see this performance.   https://youtu.be/g4PyMY--RnU

Really intriguing movie. I wish Nolan had been able to tap into this part of Hardy for the Bane role. That whole 3rd installment of Dark Knight was blah.