Not to make Assumption too Soon but...

TNJet

Kenrick looked better tonight than Wilkerson in my opinion. I made a thread a few weeks ago about Ellis possibly making a bigger impact this season than Wilk and I was laughed out of the forum :D Kenrick stuffed the run, applied pressure, and even forced an int with his tipped pass in the 3rd. This cat looks like he could be a major force by mid season. Wilkerson played well dont get me wrong, but didnt stan out like Ellis did. Hopefully next game Wilk gets his game on over Ellis. They are both studs and fun to watchn no doubt. I'm fired up about how good our Dline can potentially be midway this year. Jarron Gilbert also showed light years of improvement from last year, had a few nice QB hurries tonight. :)

Kenrick looked better tonight than Wilkerson in my opinion. I made a thread a few weeks ago about Ellis possibly making a bigger impact this season than Wilk and I was laughed out of the forum :D Kenrick stuffed the run, applied pressure, and even forced an int with his tipped pass in the 3rd. This cat looks like he could be a major force by mid season. Wilkerson played well dont get me wrong, but didnt stan out like Ellis did. Hopefully next game Wilk gets his game on over Ellis. They are both studs and fun to watchn no doubt. I'm fired up about how good our Dline can potentially be midway this year. Jarron Gilbert also showed light years of improvement from last year, had a few nice QB hurries tonight. :)

Yep when this Kid gets a full year under his belt he might just be a beast ..... Like Gruden said wait till he gets a full offseason of NFL conditioning.

Ellis is raw and too upright--but he has that homing ability. He seems to be around the ball all the time. Coaching will be the key with him--the sky';s the limit if he gets the fundementals down a bit better. As for him VS Wilkerson--Mo Wilkerson went against the one's, Ellis against the two's. Not really a fair comparison. Pito looked better than mediocre and found the gaps nicely--hoping he get the reps to really help him evolve the way DeVito did. He may have more upside than DeVito in the long run. Of all the DL, I think Dixon played himself into the rotation if this effort was any indication. Guy was all over the place--even if his stats didn't show it.

Ellis is raw and too upright--but he has that homing ability. He seems to be around the ball all the time. Coaching will be the key with him--the sky';s the limit if he gets the fundementals down a bit better. As for him VS Wilkerson--Mo Wilkerson went against the one's, Ellis against the two's. Not really a fair comparison. Pito looked better than mediocre and found the gaps nicely--hoping he get the reps to really help him evolve the way DeVito did. He may have more upside than DeVito in the long run. Of all the DL, I think Dixon played himself into the rotation if this effort was any indication. Guy was all over the place--even if his stats didn't show it.

Agree about Dixon playing well. I also noticed Gilbert having a pulse in the pass rushing department, that was nice to see him improve tonight.

Dixon's a good rotation player already. He's more likely to DeVito than Pito is, but neither will pull it off here I don't think.

Ellis right now might be better as a DE. He needs training and coaching, and lots of it, but yea he'll pretty much be awesome once it's all said and done.

Dixon's a good rotation player already. He's more likely to DeVito than Pito is, but neither will pull it off here I don't think.

Ellis right now might be better as a DE. He needs training and coaching, and lots of it, but yea he'll pretty much be awesome once it's all said and done.

Ellis is a 350 pound NT drafted specificlly for that role why would we use him at DE ?

They move Hali Ngata around in Baltimore for match up purposes.

Ellis looks a good 20 lbs heavier than Ngata. He could lose 20 lbs easy, but I think he was drafted more to be an immovable object taking up a C and a G (and maybe more) than a guy who rushes the QB between gaps.

Maybe if they cold agree to get opposing QBs tie a pork chop to their chests then it might work.

Ellis looks a good 20 lbs heavier than Ngata. He could lose 20 lbs easy, but I think he was drafted more to be an immovable object taking up a C and a G (and maybe more) than a guy who rushes the QB between gaps.

Maybe if they cold agree to get opposing QBs tie a pork chop to their chests then it might work.

Ngata has actually muscled up and has gotten in better shape while in the league. member during his rookie year he picked up a fumble and ran 60 yards and literally walked outta bounds at his own 12 because he ran outta gas? LOL

But you guys are probably right. Just saw Baltimore do it with Ngata.

Makes sense they use him alla BIG JENKS. Gawd he was fun to watch healthy

I loved when they lined up Ropati and Kenrick next to each other. Two absolute monsters.

Really liked what I saw from Kenrick and Ropati. They are just...bigger than everyone else, but they both are pretty agile for their sizes. Both should be very key cogs in our rotational defense. Was also impressed with Dixon, he was very active although he didn't show up too much on the stat sheet.

I'm interested in seeing Wilkerson get more reps.

Mauga looks ******* fast and instinctual. Easily the biggest surprise for me on the defense.

Really liked what I saw from Kenrick and Ropati. They are just...bigger than everyone else, but they both are pretty agile for their sizes. Both should be very key cogs in our rotational defense. Was also impressed with Dixon, he was very active although he didn't show up too much on the stat sheet.

Mauga looks ******* fast and instinctual. Easily the biggest surprise for me on the defense.

What I love about all of our D-lineman is that they all have motors. They are just relentless. Ellis and Wilkerson both play through the whistle.

Yeah, absolutely loving this young DL. A lot of these guys look really legit.

As far as Mauga, I was completely blown away. The guy trots on the field for the second defensive play of the game because of an injury to Scott and then completely blows up the Texans starting O on back to back plays. That's one hell of a way to start a game and make an impact for a young kid. Definitely have to be happy with him as the first guy off the bench after that performance.

As far as Mauga, I was completely blown away. The guy trots on the field for the second defensive play of the game because of an injury to Scott and then completely blows up the Texans starting O on back to back plays. That's one hell of a way to start a game and make an impact for a young kid. Definitely have to be happy with him as the first guy off the bench after that performance.

The DL definitely helps take some of the sting away from the Ducasse abortion.

Does anyone know how big Muaga is? He looks tiny, but he was flying around out there. It was a very pleasant surprise.

What I love about all of our D-lineman is that they all have motors. They are just relentless. Ellis and Wilkerson both play through the whistle.

I cant wait till we see Mo Wilk, Ropati and Ellis become players in this league to the point where thats who we are lining up. Thats 1,000 lbs of bad a$$. Me likey...a lot.

The DL definitely helps take some of the sting away from the Ducasse abortion.

Does anyone know how big Muaga is? He looks tiny, but he was flying around out there. It was a very pleasant surprise.

Jets website has Mauga listed as 6'1, 245 lbs for whatever that's worth. Not too far off from what they have either Harris (6'2/250) or Scott (6'2/242) listed at.

I cant wait till we see Mo Wilk, Ropati and Ellis become players in this league to the point where thats who we are lining up. Thats 1,000 lbs of bad a$$. Me likey...a lot.

No one shorter than 6-4, no one lighter than 315! And they play like their lives depend on it!

Ellis = bowling ball with butcher knives!

watch the tape again, Mo Wilkerson was commanding the doubles. Ellis looked good, in single blocking. Both actually looked like good picks tonight. I don't think we need to compare them, they fill different roles and both make the defense better.

I loved when they lined up Ropati and Kenrick next to each other. Two absolute monsters.

It was funny when the announcers were talking about how big Ellis is while the camera showed Ellis standing next to Pitoitua. He didn't look so big at that moment.

The Jets need some speed at the LB position. The Texans were throwing to their RB's at will, and that's exactly the type of thing our division rivals (particularly the Pats) will be looking to do against the Jets. Like you say, this kid stood out playing with/against the ones. They may need to figure out ways of getting him on the field more, though not at the expense of Scott or Harris. <coughThomascough>

The Jets need some speed at the LB position. The Texans were throwing to their RB's at will, and that's exactly the type of thing our division rivals (particularly the Pats) will be looking to do against the Jets. Like you say, this kid stood out playing with/against the ones. They may need to figure out ways of getting him on the field more, though not at the expense of Scott or Harris. <coughThomascough>

Bryan Thomas has somehow managed to stay around for another year. Calvin Pace also sucks.

Archived