Mark Sanchez Is What He Is, (and that's all that he is)

T0mShane

it's not my criteria, it's what happens on the field..

When's the last time a team that wasn't either QB driven or heavily invested in a QB won the SB?

Brad Johnson in 2002? And that guy had a season in 2002 that Sanchez has given anyone 0 reason to think he could replicate..

Outside of a brief period in the 80's, it's been all about the QB

(current and future HOF'ers in red) (and I left Eli off but that is questionable)

Super Bowl I - Bart Starr

Super Bowl II - Bart Starr

Super Bowl III - Joe Namath

Super Bowl IV - Len Dawson

Super Bowl V - Johnny Unitas

Super Bowl VI - Roger Staubach

Super Bowl VII - Bob Griese

Super Bowl VIII - Bob Griese

Super Bowl IX - Terry Bradshaw

Super Bowl X - Terry Bradshaw

Super Bowl XI - Ken Stabler

Super Bowl XII - Roger Staubach

Super Bowl XIII - Terry Bradshaw

Super Bowl XIV - Terry Bradshaw

Super Bowl XV - Jim Plunkett

Super Bowl XVI - Joe Montana

Super Bowl XVII - Joe Theismann

Super Bowl XVIII - Jim Plunkett

Super Bowl XIX - Joe Montana

Super Bowl XX - Jim McMahon

Super Bowl XXI - Phil Simms

Super Bowl XXII - Doug Williams

Super Bowl XXIII - Joe Montana

Super Bowl XXIV - Joe Montana

Super Bowl XXV - Jeff Hostetler

Super Bowl XXVI - Mark Rypien

Super Bowl XXVII - Troy Aikman

Super Bowl XXVIII - Troy Aikman

Super Bowl XXIX - Steve Young

Super Bowl XXX - Troy Aikman

Super Bowl XXXI - Brett Favre

Super Bowl XXXII - John Elway

Super Bowl XXXIII - John Elway

Super Bowl XXXIV - Kurt Warner

Super Bowl XXXV - Trent Dilfer

Super Bowl XXXVI - Tom Brady

Super Bowl XXXVII - Brad Johnson

Super Bowl XXXVIII - Tom Brady

Super Bowl XXXIX - Tom Brady

Super Bowl XL - Ben Roethlisberger

Super Bowl XLI - Peyton Manning

Super Bowl XLII - Eli Manning

Super Bowl XLIII - Ben Roethlisberger

Super Bowl XLIV - Drew Brees

Super Bowl XLV - Aaron Rodgers

You think the 1st Roethlesberger SB win was a heavily invested qb offense? Really?

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roethlisberger is arguable even. The Steelers D was a bigger reason than him imo. Elway wasnt the reason Denver started winning Super Bowls either. it was Davis and their defense.

I'm not even referring to Sanchez here, but the chances of finding an elite QB are less than having a good defense every season. It doesnt have to be Mark Sanchez(it probably wont)

We just need to hold onto our draft picks, find guys that care about football and can actually play and maybe find someone that can get to the QB on his own.

You think the 1st Roethlesberger SB win was a heavily invested qb offense? Really?

Not the sb win, but them getting there, which is part of winning a SB

he was 49/72 680 yards and 7 td's against 1 INT... with a rating of over 120....

Point is, it can be done.

Of course! And Denver can beat Pittsburgh, KC can beat GB, NYG can beat Pats in 2007 and the Pats can beat the Rams in 2001... Any given sunday.. That doesn't mean that optimum strategy is to model after the exceptions

I'm a big fan of Mark Sanchez.

Brees. Manning. Plenty of Qb's had to pay their due's before winning the big one. Sanchez is going to do it in his 3rd season.

Doesnt matter, they pass the eye test. Too bad for them, they dont pass the eye test with the helmet off.

Sanchez is the smexy

Agreed. Definitely is the case...which is why I'm saying he's at his best when he's in the 3 step drop, get the ball out as quick as possible. Whenever he holds the ball longer than 3 seconds, I gasp the second the ball leaves his hands. Hate that feeling.

I do believe that this can be corrected and its why I'm not in the camp of "the book is closed" eventhough I have my reservations. He's only 24. He's got plenty of time to get better. Further, in the immediate, you can obviously win with a QB like that and I do believe you can win with a SB with a QB like that. Big Ben was the same way when he won his first.

Improvement.

No, we are not all winners Vic. This simply isnt true. Wake up dude, you're living in a dream world.

But you know who is winner, Mark Sanchez. That is fact.

I would like to take this time to show everyone that I tried, I really really tried to like Mark Sanchez. So much so, that I was defending him. Its all here in the thread for all you people who think I haven an agenda or predictive story to tell with Mark - I dont. He sucks big hairy donkey dick and it makes we want to puke that I ever tried to like this sulky little cali homo.

I would like to take this time to show everyone that I tried, I really really tried to like Mark Sanchez. So much so, that I was defending him. Its all here in the thread for all you people who think I haven an agenda or predictive story to tell with Mark - I dont. He sucks big hairy donkey dick and it makes we want to puke that I ever tried to like this sulky little cali homo.

So why should we believe you now?

And I admire someone who can change his mind.

So why should we believe you now?

And I admire someone who can change his mind.

Thanks! As more evidence presents itself opinions change.

I'm not sure why you should believe now, but I really really dont want Mark to ever take snap again as Qb of the NY Jets. And its not even just how bad of a QB he is and how I dont think he'll ever be good - he's just a hard player to root for which sucks since he's our QB and the reality is I want him to be the best in the league.

I dont know, if he wasnt a on the Jets - I'd want him to fail miserably because he's such a little bitch.

I'm not sure why you should believe now, but I really really dont want Mark to ever take snap again as Qb of the NY Jets. And its not even just how bad of a QB he is and how I dont think he'll ever be good - he's just a hard player to root for which sucks since he's our QB and the reality is I want him to be the best in the league.

I dont know, if he wasnt a on the Jets - I'd want him to fail miserably because he's such a little bitch.

No one wants you to fail miserably.

Haha. Dude just doesn't give you anything to like, does he?

Nothing.

Seriously, I'm not sure who I hate more at this point, him or Chadwick.

As far as off the field... Pennington never took accountability for anything. Not a thing. And early on, I liked that Sanchez acknowledged that "I need to play better". As a rookie, and even into the 2nd year for a bit, that was great. Unfortunately, he hasn't gotten any better, he pouts, and now he just looks like a bitch (as his teammates have pointed out).

Nothing.

Seriously, I'm not sure who I hate more at this point, him or Chadwick.

Chadwick obv..

Sanchez still does some things well, I'm not 100% ready to say he'll never be good. I just think it's a longer shot then it was 12 months ago

As far as off the field... Pennington never took accountability for anything. Not a thing. And early on, I liked that Sanchez acknowledged that "I need to play better". As a rookie, and even into the 2nd year for a bit, that was great. Unfortunately, he hasn't gotten any better, he pouts, and now he just looks like a bitch (as his teammates have pointed out).

All very true. And its definitely his little bitch attitude that makes me genuinely hate the guy.

Chadwick obv..

Sanchez still does some things well, I'm not 100% ready to say he'll never be good. I just think it's a longer shot then it was 12 months ago

Meh, he's sh*t. sh*t is sh*t. Rex unfortunately is experiencing the whole "if you try to polish a turd, you're going to get sh*t on your hands" and it will eventually cost him his job which sucks.

This. As much as I hated Chad on the field, what made me despise him most of all was that he would play like absolute crap and yet be absolutely convinced he had a great game, with the only exception being when he would say "other than one or two passes" (i.e., his pick 6s). At least Sanchez admits he sucks a$$.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Sanchez will post pro bowl numbers this year and will never look back. I'll check back in January. Tickets for the train are selling out fast, though. It's gonna be an a$$ kicking green and white train with a 24 hour party going, ice cold corona, tequilla shots, a live salsa band......it's gonna be

Roethlisberger is arguable even. The Steelers D was a bigger reason than him imo. Elway wasnt the reason Denver started winning Super Bowls either. it was Davis and their defense.

I'm not even referring to Sanchez here, but the chances of finding an elite QB are less than having a good defense every season. It doesnt have to be Mark Sanchez(it probably wont)

We just need to hold onto our draft picks, find guys that care about football and can actually play and maybe find someone that can get to the QB on his own.

I agree.

I think it's time to close the books on Sanchez's alleged potential to be an elite QB. He is what he is--a streaky, inaccurate, tough little dude. That's it. No QB in the league has a more comfortable situation to play in--an elite defense and special teams guaranteeing him great field position and opportunities, to go along with a good OL and high-end receiving corps. And, yet, the offense is a consistent ****fest. We can blame Scottenheimer, sure, but it's Sanchez out there still throwing INT's that rookies shouldn't even be throwing and missing receivers that rookies shouldn't miss, in Year Three.

This is not to say that Sanchez isn't a good QB. Obviously, you can win with him. But, we have to stop deluding ourselves into believing that there's some great, as-yet untapped pool of talent under the surface here. He's not, nor will he ever be, a top-10 QB. He's basically the reincarnation of Steve Beurlein.

The Eagles are far from being an elite defense. 12th against the run and 18th against the pass. Their OL has been a mess all season and has gotten Foles killed on many occasions.

That being said. He has been put in a situation where it is take the snap and throw. Not alot of thinking involved. Not having to deal with psychos like Holmes, Mason, Burress, and Edwards. He will be inaccurate at times, and will throw int's as most QB's not named Brady, Manning, Rogers, Big Ben do, but if he gets the Eagles to the post season then he has done his job.

Like I said earlier, I hope he does well. 

This thread is great, all of the people today saying one game isnt enough to say sanchez is good were saying before that three seasons were not enough evidence to say he was bad. The homerism is absolutely incredible.

I particularly like the original post. Either Sanchez is what he is, or you can blame Schottenheimer, but no mention of Rex at all. The narrative has certainly shifted quite a bit since then.

I particularly like the original post. Either Sanchez is what he is, or you can blame Schottenheimer, but no mention of Rex at all. The narrative has certainly shifted quite a bit since then.

That OP was three years, two OCs, hundreds of players, and a fired GM ago.

Archived