This TomShane Thing......All of this is just a MYSTERY

JonEJet

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it extra stupid around here because the Jets suck, or does the Jets sucking just make me more sensitive to stupidity that would exist, anyway?

Herm, after the Carolina game

"Hey, we had the 3 points on the board. We weren't going to be shut out. That's all that counts. I didn't want Bollinger to throw another pick and force my defense back on the field. One of them would have died from exhaustion."

After the Broncos game

"Had to keep Vinny in there. We didn't want to get shut out. Vinny's had, what... well... careerwise he's thrown plenty of TD's in the 4th quarter, so yeah, obviously, he gave us our best chance to score"

"Martin can care less, but obviously, I think it's important that he gets he 1000 yards. He only got 7 yards today, but next week, we'll have him run the ball some more"

"Goodwin was peniciled in as the backup center, but I know he can't play the position. Why? Because I'm the one coaching him. Why was he second on the depth chart? Oh, I never thought Mawae would ever get hurt. When he did, I paniced. Same thing with Bollinger. Never thought he'd actually have to play. Just kept him on the roster as sort of a quid pro quo with Terry, you know hey, obviously you cant fire me so I'll try to make you look good and keep all your draft picks on the roster. "

"Herm's done a fabulous job this year" - Woody.

27-7 on opening day against KC.

Thank God they didn't get shut out. That's important, now. Obviously.

Is it extra stupid around here because the Jets suck, or does the Jets sucking just make me more sensitive to stupidity that would exist, anyway?

You make a statement like this with that stupid error window in your signature? Man, I would think that thing would keep you from calling anything stupid.

Yes, the third most handsome man I know had a horrible game - although that last pick was bunk. Josh McDaniels, Weiss's heir, coupled with BB absence this week (Dad Died)- produced a sh*t game plan with back-up players who can't play against good teams. The receivers had trouble getting speration, Branch was covered for most of the game and Tommy tried to force the issue. There is your answer, TX.

This team will most likely still win the division - which isn't saying much. One and done in the playoff's for sure. Can you imagine what Carson Plamer could do to our d-backs? Yuck.

The good news is that Brady NEVER has two bad games in a row. Pats should smoke the Jets next week. Can the offense get better? Sure - Light, Givens, Dillon and Faulk back will help immensly. However, the defensive backfield is what it is (although I think Hobbs will be good eventually), the d-line is underperforming big time and Vince Wilfork blows this year. It will not get measurably better. We are what we are. Not good.

Archived