Revis interview with Mike Francesa

PhinHater

Damn, those are great comments. I'm either (a) Francesa, ( B) a Giants troll, © Francesa's turd producer.

Sorry, Im none of the above. I'm a sports fan who has mastered the concept of independent thought.

I'm sorry that I'm not in agreement with all of you. I listened to the show and I think it's hilarious that Revis couldn't handle criticism (he's the best cornerback in the league right now, but just like Tiki Barber, he didn't like it when he ego wasn't being stroked.

I agree the whole thing was about ego...Francessa's ego.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont see how anyone thinks it was wrong for Revis to hang up. That was excessive. I mean, I guess it should have been expected but the guy wasnt even trying to interview Revis. He was just digging further and further into about something that was obviously annoying his guest. Thats pretty unprofessional, especially since everyone know's how he treats the Jets and obviously Revis and his agents agreed to do the interview.

I'm sure Revis has better things to do then argue with some radio dweeb about the pick six he had on MNF.

@Hess - i said it before - Revis should have just replied "sure, Mike, every one of my 17 career interceptions were pass interference" instead of saying the typical "do you know football?" ...

@Denver - what does my profession matter? you're going send me your resume?

@Hess - i said it before - Revis should have just replied "sure, Mike, every one of my 17 career interceptions were pass interference" instead of saying the typical "do you know football?" ...

Well I would not be surprised if you happen to be work in sports media for a certain show in the NYC market.

Whats your profession ?

I'm in PR (for 25 years) and RJF is correct. The only mistake the Jets staff made was apologizing afterward. Francesa was baiting Revis and it's well established that he doesn't like the Jets. It's only been since the last year or two that the Jets offered an olive branch to him, and he still thinks he's Howard Stern. The Jets don't need him - he needs the Jets. So, yes, hang up Revis.

How are you being objective when you are paraphrasing exactly what you would like somebody else to say in response? And to paraphrase he more or less was saying just that the first couple times he was asked and then laughed at by a 50-60 plus year old overweight radio jock who never played a down in his life. The fact that he remained even keeled the whole time while being cut off and laughed at I found extremely professional.

And the best thing to do is not scream or shout but just walk away which is exactly what he did.

@Denver - gimme a break. if I worked for WFAN i wouldn't waste my time posting on here. oh wait, here comes Mr. Francesa, I can't let him see me typing this. "oh yes, Mr. Francesa, I've got your bottle of coke. thank you, Mr. Francesa. I love it when you pat me on the top of my head."

ok, he's gone. now where was i?

@Denver - gimme a break. if I worked for WFAN i wouldn't waste my time posting on here. oh wait, here comes Mr. Francesa, I can't let him see me typing this. "oh yes, Mr. Francesa, I've got your bottle of coke. thank you, Mr. Francesa. I love it when you pat me on the top of my head."

ok, he's gone. now where was i?

wha? I can't get a good read on you. You're starting to crack a little my friend. No idea wtf your point is now. I think you've lost it..your point.

@Bleedin ... wow Fatcessa is awesome - you should copyright that one. I guess you have to make it a Jets-Giants thing. Were you sleeping when Mike interviewed Tiki Barber and bluntly said "you got fired because you were awful as a sportscaster" and Tiki cried like a baby.

Oh, you so mean a huge Giants fan of a broadcaster was talking crap to one of the most hated former-Giants of all time? No, no, that certainly doesn't support the idea that tubby is a ridiculously biased, completely unprofessional jackass who let's his personal feelings constantly interfere with how he performs his job. Thanks for helping prove my point though.

Of course, even when he's not talking about the Jets or Giants, he's still an arrogant douchebag who treats people like crap, so I assure you it's not as much a "Jets-Giants thing", as much as it is a "he's an a$$hole" thing.

Oh, you so mean a huge Giants fan of a broadcaster was talking crap to one of the most hated former-Giants of all time? No, no, that certainly doesn't support the idea that tubby is a ridiculously biased, completely unprofessional jackass who let's his personal feelings constantly interfere with how he performs his job. Thanks for helping prove my point though.

Of course, even when he's not talking about the Jets or Giants, he's still an arrogant douchebag who treats people like crap, so I assure you it's not as much a "Jets-Giants thing", as much as it is a "he's an a$$hole" thing.

The reason I can't stand Francessa is when he talks about the Yankees and the way he treats and belittles half the Yankee callers...and I'm a Yankee fan.

come on, Hess. do i really have to explain that response? it's hilarious that Denver thinks I work for WFAN. so I include a fictional conversation with a certain sports radio host as if he interrupts me while I'm on this site.

I know but it was overkill. It just didn't shine you a good light.

@Bleedin - I'm not defending Francesa - and i've never said he doesn't have an ego. I'm simply saying Revis looked ridiculously bad with his responses. and I agree with whoever blasted the Jets PR - didn't they prepare Revis? ... I love that Revis reply of "have you ever been out on that field?" ... brilliant, Darrelle.

The reason I can't stand Francessa is when he talks about the Yankees and the way he treats and belittles half the Yankee callers...and I'm a Yankee fan.

...and here's the thing to that if I can explain myself a little further. They have screeners, they now what the guy or gal is gonna say before they get on the air. Yet they still trot out the same dumb a$$ fan ever 3 or 4 calls who is going to say something completely absurd for Mike to come to the rescue and let everyone know,'how some of these fan are just ridiculous and let me tell you blah blah blah.'

And then they have the callers who want to ask Mike the hard, deep thought questions like, do you think Sanchez will ever get it? Or will Eli ever win another Super Bowl, where he can then just pontificate for what seems like hours.

well Hess, I'm quickly noticing that to get in that good light I need to say something that includes "that bloated lardass Francesa" ... if i don't do that, I'm a Giants troll, turd producer or Francesa himself.

I think you just picked a bad day to sign up. :)

*pats NY-IN-NJ on the back*

I understand, Hess - the criticizm is coming from geniuses like DLJ, Brett and Denver ... and even though it's not the main point of this discussion, I'm still hoping you can find a link/clip of Young or Dilfer saying it wasn't PI.

I understand, Hess - the criticizm is coming from geniuses like DLJ, Brett and Denver ... and even though it's not the main point of this discussion, I'm still hoping you can find a link/clip of Young or Dilfer saying it wasn't PI.

I looked via internet and couldn't find the post game with Revis. I'll try and see if my tivo/record thing was still going though. I feel like watching it 2 out of the 3 were saying the other guy or chucky was blowing it out of proportion. Either way I still contend multiple "analysts" if you will, would say it wasn't PI or if anything that it wasn't an automatic mugging-esque PI that francessa was calling it. I would have to look into it more to find something. I will try as it's a lazy friday night for me.

Ok NY-IN I looked around and was looking before and really can't find anything other then laymen opinions which seem to go both ways. At this point I'll just allow you the win and I'll move on *hanging head in shame*.

Oh yeah *and in case Max is looking* Welcome to the board! I hope to see you post more. Happy to have you here!!!

I agree with u there ... and thanks - but I don't mind the criticism, I can take it.

You're a quote on quote... "Jets fan", but yet, you've only posted inside of two threads? "Revis interview with Mike Francesa" and "Revis TKO's FAT Francesa".

You've yet to talk about the Jets, instead, you've only talked down our favorite player during two seperate threads. I like how you've left all Jets talk out of your posting history You my friend, are no Jets fan. It's in your post count. You've yet to talk about the Jets. You're nothing more than an A) Mike Francesa lover or B.) A little Giants troll.

You can't fool Jet fans who read between the lines. Get lost.

Francesa's an idiot and a dick. Revis was 1000% percent right, it wasn't a penalty. Anyone who really knows football and understands the rules knows there's no way any ref throws a flag there, regardless of who the players are.

The receiver initiated contact, and Revis was playing the ball the whole way. It's called "incidental contact" you fat ****!

You're a quote on quote... "Jets fan", but yet, you've only posted inside of two threads? "Revis interview with Mike Francesa" and "Revis TKO's FAT Francesa".

You've yet to talk about the Jets, instead, you've only talked down our favorite player during two seperate threads. I like how you've left all Jets talk out of your posting history You my friend, are no Jets fan. It's in your post count. You've yet to talk about the Jets. You're nothing more than an A) Mike Francesa lover or B.) A little Giants troll.

You can't fool Jet fans who read between the lines. Get lost.

Do you think he has a Zach Thomas jersey?

It was Young. He didn't say much. The others were all ranting like didn't watch the play and regurgitating what Chucky said. Young sort of muttered something along the pioneer of "of course Marshall was falling down and stumbling into him".

I don't have a problem with people thinking it was interference, but the idea that it was an obvious blown call is moronic. I have seen plays 10 times worse not called without a peep from the announcers including that idiot puppet Gruden.

It was Young. He didn't say much. The others were all ranting like didn't watch the play and regurgitating what Chucky said. Young sort of muttered something along the pioneer of "of course Marshall was falling down and stumbling into him".

I don't have a problem with people thinking it was interference, but the idea that it was an obvious blown call is moronic. I have seen plays 10 times worse not called without a peep from the announcers including that idiot puppet Gruden.

And there it is. If it wasn't for the fact that it was a game-changing play in favor of the Jets, it's never discussed again. But the fact that it could have (although shouldn't have) been called as a penalty in that circumstance, we won't get to hear the end of it.

Francesa's an idiot and a dick. Revis was 1000% percent right, it wasn't a penalty. Anyone who really knows football and understands the rules knows there's no way any ref throws a flag there, regardless of who the players are.

The receiver initiated contact, and Revis was playing the ball the whole way. It's called "incidental contact" you fat ****!

I would really like one of our rules gurus to chime in about this.

My question is whether that could just as easily been a penalty against Marshall?

Intentional or not, in effect what he did to Revis was something similar to an attempted tackle. If I'm a receiver, and more than 5 yards down the field, it's legal for me to basically fall down on on a defender? Or is it all about whether the "intent" was there?

I mean, Revis is the best player on the field. Supposing the Jets were going to switch up or something, let's say a safety was coming to pick up Revis' man and Revis was supposed to switch to another receiver. Is it legal for the guy Revis is currently covering to fall down all over him, effectively taking him out of the play while the safety goes to cover him, so that the other receiver comes free????? That just doesn't sound right.

Another scenario. That play goes down exactly like it did before, but this time, BM falls on top of Revis and Revis just falls down under his weight. So this time, no INT. It's not a penalty on Marshall because it looks like an accident? I'm sorta wondering what's keeping receivers from "accidentally" falling on top of their cover guy when they know that a run play is about to break out in that area?

I would really like one of our rules gurus to chime in about this.

My question is whether that could just as easily been a penalty against Marshall?

Intentional or not, in effect what he did to Revis was something similar to an attempted tackle. If I'm a receiver, and more than 5 yards down the field, it's legal for me to basically fall down on on a defender? Or is it all about whether the "intent" was there?

I mean, Revis is the best player on the field. Supposing the Jets were going to switch up or something, let's say a safety was coming to pick up Revis' man and Revis was supposed to switch to another receiver. Is it legal for the guy Revis is currently covering to fall down all over him, effectively taking him out of the play while the safety goes to cover him, so that the other receiver comes free????? That just doesn't sound right.

Another scenario. That play goes down exactly like it did before, but this time, BM falls on top of Revis and Revis just falls down under his weight. So this time, no INT. It's not a penalty on Marshall because it looks like an accident? I'm sorta wondering what's keeping receivers from "accidentally" falling on top of their cover guy when they know that a run play is about to break out in that area?

What you're referring to is essentially no different than a pick play, which is illegal. But then again, that comes back to one of those questions of whether it seemed intentional or incidental. We see pick plays all of the time in the NFL, but it's those times you see a player not just brushing into a DB, but actually breaking down and throwing a block that they'll get flagged every time. If a player is essentially tackling Revis, that would fall into that latter category. As far as what Marshall was doing, since he was tripping and falling, they would never call it on that. Of course, that's the exact reason nothing was called on Revis either, just as it shouldn't have been.

Archived