Revis interview with Mike Francesa

PhinHater

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Denver - gimme a break. if I worked for WFAN i wouldn't waste my time posting on here. oh wait, here comes Mr. Francesa, I can't let him see me typing this. "oh yes, Mr. Francesa, I've got your bottle of coke. thank you, Mr. Francesa. I love it when you pat me on the top of my head."

ok, he's gone. now where was i?

clearly doesnt work at FAN. everyone knows Francessa drinks DIET COKE

What you're referring to is essentially no different than a pick play, which is illegal. But then again, that comes back to one of those questions of whether it seemed intentional or incidental. We see pick plays all of the time in the NFL, but it's those times you see a player not just brushing into a DB, but actually breaking down and throwing a block that they'll get flagged every time. If a player is essentially tackling Revis, that would fall into that latter category. As far as what Marshall was doing, since he was tripping and falling, they would never call it on that. Of course, that's the exact reason nothing was called on Revis either, just as it shouldn't have been.

Ok, yeah, it was definitely a weird looking play. I'm confused as to why neither Gruden nor Francesa take notice that Marshall initiated contact. I'm not sure what Revis is "supposed" to do in that situation, fall to the ground? Come on.

The best part is they show the actual play as Revis is explaining that the receiver was falling into him and he had to shove him aside to make a play on the ball...and he's absolutely right. Marshall actually gets in Revis' way, not the other way around...its right there and fatass still keeps his indignant routine up. so stupid. Seriously. Revis wins. Fatass shows his hand (this is why i don't talk to the Jets).

The best part is they show the actual play as Revis is explaining that the receiver was falling into him and he had to shove him aside to make a play on the ball...and he's absolutely right. Marshall actually gets in Revis' way, not the other way around...its right there and fatass still keeps his indignant routine up. so stupid. Seriously. Revis wins. Fatass shows his hand (this is why i don't talk to the Jets).

Yeah, it was funny to hear him laugh at Revis' claim while they were showing the play...

I would really like one of our rules gurus to chime in about this.

My question is whether that could just as easily been a penalty against Marshall?

Intentional or not, in effect what he did to Revis was something similar to an attempted tackle. If I'm a receiver, and more than 5 yards down the field, it's legal for me to basically fall down on on a defender? Or is it all about whether the "intent" was there?

I mean, Revis is the best player on the field. Supposing the Jets were going to switch up or something, let's say a safety was coming to pick up Revis' man and Revis was supposed to switch to another receiver. Is it legal for the guy Revis is currently covering to fall down all over him, effectively taking him out of the play while the safety goes to cover him, so that the other receiver comes free????? That just doesn't sound right.

Another scenario. That play goes down exactly like it did before, but this time, BM falls on top of Revis and Revis just falls down under his weight. So this time, no INT. It's not a penalty on Marshall because it looks like an accident? I'm sorta wondering what's keeping receivers from "accidentally" falling on top of their cover guy when they know that a run play is about to break out in that area?

Based on the fact that Marshall was stumbling down after the initial contact I would think that anything called would be incidental contact. I cant see how that play would ever be called PI. PI pretty much means manhandling the receiver and keeping him from making an attempt on a catchable ball. Revis never interfered with a guy making an attempt at a catch nor did Marshall. If Revis was guilty of anything I would think the call would have to be defensive holding and not PI. Im guessing an argument could be made that he was touching a WR beyond 5 yards, but I just cant see why anyone makes a big deal out it.

Based on the fact that Marshall was stumbling down after the initial contact I would think that anything called would be incidental contact. I cant see how that play would ever be called PI. PI pretty much means manhandling the receiver and keeping him from making an attempt on a catchable ball. Revis never interfered with a guy making an attempt at a catch nor did Marshall. If Revis was guilty of anything I would think the call would have to be defensive holding and not PI. Im guessing an argument could be made that he was touching a WR beyond 5 yards, but I just cant see why anyone makes a big deal out it.

GURU!

Im sure im not the only one, but ive heard fatcessa repeatedly said that "hes gonna get those calls" when anyone talks about Brady getting bs roughing calls...regardless of wether or no tit was a penalty (which it wasnt) why cant he just say "Revis is gonna get those calls." Typical of big fat mike

@Denver - gimme a break. if I worked for WFAN i wouldn't waste my time posting on here. oh wait, here comes Mr. Francesa, I can't let him see me typing this. "oh yes, Mr. Francesa, I've got your bottle of coke. thank you, Mr. Francesa. I love it when you pat me on the top of my head."

ok, he's gone. now where was i?

You are either in your Mom's basement or near Fat boys d1ck!

I agree with Francesa, I thought they were teasing each other, I was having fun listening. Maybe Francesa should of changed the subject when it became clear Revis was getting aggravated, but still... hanging up is pretty childish. Though I assume the Jets advised him to hang up. No surprise. Unfortunately the Jets are just like Mets when it comes to PR.

Just maybe if pigboy tore into the Yankees as much as he tears into the Jets your opinion would change..

well Hess, I'm quickly noticing that to get in that good light I need to say something that includes "that bloated lardass Francesa" ... if i don't do that, I'm a Giants troll, turd producer or Francesa himself.

BINGO Well said because he is a bloated egostical turd and we hate his fat azz. His agenda is to bad mouth the Jets at every turn and if you can't see that than well than you just may be that...

via Twitter

@MikePereira

Mike Pereira

Former Vice President of Officiating in the National Football League. Current Rules Analyst at FOX Sports. Referee of Twitters 18th officiating crew

It's an absolute non-call. Neither OPI or DPI.RT @itstellertime: @MikePereira what were your thoughts on the revis marshall non call?

I think Phil Mushnick said it the best in his column when he said that if that was pass interference then why doesn't every receiver run straight into the DB on the goal line?

Bingo - Fat Mike is just a large lump of human sewage. I'm very glad he's not syndicated so I would have to worry about avoiding his channel out here.

Bingo - Fat Mike is just a large lump of human sewage. I'm very glad he's not syndicated so I would have to worry about avoiding his channel out here.

Seems like a different person that used to root for the Jets when Parcells was here.

Seems like a different person that used to root for the Jets when Parcells was here.

How can you expect credibility in his profession when you're so openly biased against a team that resides in your show's audience? What a tool. We're pretty lucky here. On ESPN we have Tom Waddell in the morning who's excellent, and a pretty knowledgeable and funny trio in the afternoon anchored by ex-Packer John Jurkovic. I'd have to have satellite radio if I was back in NY

How can you expect credibility in his profession when you're so openly biased against a team that resides in your show's audience? What a tool. We're pretty lucky here. On ESPN we have Tom Waddell in the morning who's excellent, and a pretty knowledgeable and funny trio in the afternoon anchored by ex-Packer John Jurkovic. I'd have to have satellite radio if I was back in NY

Yes - I haven't listened to locals sports radio much in years. They don't have to root for my teams but between the Jets and Yankees, there are plenty of them that root against them.

Francessa is an arrogant tool. I very rarely listen to this jerk. It amazes me how condescending he is with so many of the callers who continue to kiss his a$$ and tell him how great he is. His whole show is based on his hatred and bias of the jets. He jumps on every little thing that happens with this team and he wonders why the jets don't talk to him. Maybe you should act a little more professional instead of being an antonistic fool who tries to fire up jet fans for ratings.

Hey Queens, get the saying right - its not quote on quote, its quote unquote ... I'm a football fan, and have cheered for the Jets since I was a kid in Brooklyn watching Richard Todd at QB. I joined this site when I found it yesterday while googling the whole Revis-Francesa debacle.

Do you want me to talk about the Jets? They screwed up when they abandoned the ground and pound offense. Sanchez will be fine but signing Plaxico was a mistake, they should have kept Cotchery and Edwards instead.

Happy?

And fine, Florida, call me a "Francesa bitch" ... but after reading yer posts u sound like just a plan all-around "bitch".

and sorry Hess, I didnt go away. I just don't sit at my computer 24/7. My opinion is still the same. The radio broadcast was entertaining, but it makes Revis and the Jets look bad (more the Jets PR than Revis).

This guy has 17 post's, 16 of them have been in regards to Francesa. He's yet to post inside of an actual Jets related thread. lol. You're no Jets fan. He's either an a) Giants troll. B) Revis hater or c) A Francesa lover.

It's in his post count.

He's not here to talk Jets football... He's here to talk up Francesa.

It's in his post count.

Hey Dominator, really? Zach Thomas? That's what you came up with?

The point of the issue is Revis obviously couldn't handle being asked about the play unless it was complimentary. Instead of laughing off the PI talk, he chose to be a dope and say "do you know football?" - which was the worst choice. Once he said that he was going to lose.

and BTW, Florida, she's back. did you miss her?

give it a rest, Queens. the reason I'm not able to post on other boards is because you're all digging up your inner 9-year-olds with the lameass comments. I'm glad that the fans who I go to the Jets games with aren't like you guys with your "Jets do no wrong" attitudes. We cheer them when they do well but we also criticize them when they screw up.

And fine, Florida, call me a "Francesa bitch" ... but after reading yer posts u sound like just a plan all-around "bitch".

and sorry Hess, I didnt go away. I just don't sit at my computer 24/7. My opinion is still the same. The radio broadcast was entertaining, but it makes Revis and the Jets look bad (more the Jets PR than Revis).

Oh well then, I MUST make you my interweb friend then. Consider it written.

give it a rest, Queens. the reason I'm not able to post on other boards is because you're all digging up your inner 9-year-olds with the lameass comments. I'm glad that the fans who I go to the Jets games with aren't like you guys with your "Jets do no wrong" attitudes. We cheer them when they do well but we also criticize them when they screw up.

Your points are fair and reasonable.

See, see how i role. But seriously, H5.

via Twitter

@MikePereira

Mike Pereira

Former Vice President of Officiating in the National Football League. Current Rules Analyst at FOX Sports. Referee of Twitters 18th officiating crew

It's an absolute non-call. Neither OPI or DPI.RT @itstellertime: @MikePereira what were your thoughts on the revis marshall non call?

*coughs*

Everybody knows that Mike FranExcesa has this unnatural hate for Rex, the Jets and anything GangGreen. Did the Jets steal something from his mother??? I was stunned at how juvenile, moronic and unprofessional the taunting of Reeve was, especially since he always comes off as a humble guy. I thought Reeve was very accommodating, and so FranExcesa's behavior was unprovoked and so over the top. Hopefully, FranExcesa gets spoken to about his unprofessionalism.

Archived