Paterno FINALLY retiring in 3....2....1.....

Bugg

Twitter, ESPN.

Gotcha, thought you meant people on this board.

ESPN? Are you surprised? They are in bed with every athletic organization in the world.

The only thing that I can stand on that Network is Bob Ley's "Inside the Lines (If they still have it), and they actually are doing a decent job on their Entertainment pieces.

And that is what the Network has become-Entertainment. They are not their to truly report on the sports they cover.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I listened to Colin Cowherd during lunch. He actually said two things that nearly made me pull over in partial laughter and anger:

1-He said that people need to keep a closer eye on older coaches, and even insinuated that old men should not be coaching at all. His words were if there is an old coach, watch out for your kids.

2-He actually said that perhaps Joe Paterno is being held to an unfair higher standard here because he is such a big time college coach who preaches morals. He said that perhaps a small town coach might not have all this pressure in hindsight to have reported the incident.

First of all, I think it's so outright rude to insinuate that old man=potential child predator. We all get old someday, doesn't mean we suddenly have an aversion to have sex with little boys. Secondly, if this were any other coach he would have been fired already. The only thing unfair in this is Paterno's status has bought him the right to coach out the season.

I listened to Colin Cowherd during lunch. He actually said two things that nearly made me pull over in partial laughter and anger:

1-He said that people need to keep a closer eye on older coaches, and even insinuated that old men should not be coaching at all. His words were if there is an old coach, watch out for your kids.

2-He actually said that perhaps Joe Paterno is being held to an unfair higher standard here because he is such a big time college coach who preaches morals. He said that perhaps a small town coach might not have all this pressure in hindsight to have reported the incident.

First of all, I think it's so outright rude to insinuate that old man=potential child predator. We all get old someday, doesn't mean we suddenly have an aversion to have sex with little boys. Secondly, if this were any other coach he would have been fired already. The only thing unfair in this is Paterno's status has bought him the right to coach out the season.

Whether there is any "right' to fulfill that contract remains up for huge debate.

The sad aspect to this (of course other than the victims), is this crop of players, who are actually playing for something, and have nothing to do with this.

I really wonder where Tom Bradley is in all of this.

Twitter, ESPN.

No apologist here, I'm sickened by this whole thing. As a father of two young children, one of which is 10 I cant believe what has happened. Just dont tell me I should burn my diploma because its from Penn State. Dont lump ALL of us in to this mess. That's bullsh*t.

Listening to the announcement he has been relieved and will not coach out season. Absolutely shocking how angry these local reporters are. They really think he's untouchable. They're GRILLING John Surma for firing him. It's so weird.

Holy friggin Bizarro world out there!!

Did anyone hear the press conference!!?? These reporters weren't asking questions, they were firing bullets at the Board. I realize the attachment, but are they blind!!!?? At the very best case scenario he completely and knowingly looked the other way while Chester the Molester was running rampant through his program. At the worst he's actually complicit. But either way he deserves to be fired!

Listening to the announcement he has been relieved and will not coach out season. Absolutely shocking how angry these local reporters are. They really think he's untouchable. They're GRILLING John Surma for firing him. It's so weird.

Holy friggin Bizarro world out there!!

There's a lot of pro JP commentary posted after the formal sh*tcanning stories on Sportsline and Yahoo too, Booze. You have to figure these are ignorant's who haven't read the Grand Jury testimony. Anyone in the media profession finding injustice in this decision defies description. Again, I feel bad for you, Dierk and the other alum - it's got to hurt no matter how much anger it stirs up.

First and foremost... What's gone on here is sick, it's wrong, evil, and it's more than disgusting. And I'm not saying these kids never got raped (because they obviously did)... But what the hell? These aren't middle school or even high school kids... These are 18-22 year old college guys, who are mostly well built, full of strength, and strong as an OX being that they've played for a Penn State College Football program...

How could any of these kids/guys allow a puney, scronney, almost elderly man, in Jerry Sandusky, who was born in 1944, he's 67 almost 70 years old... How the hell did these kids allow a man like this to freaking RAPE THEM?!?!? That's my question! He's not exactly built like a prison inmate. I'm not sure how he could RAPE 20+ college football players, without first getting the living sh*t beat out of him, if not later murdered. There is NO way an old man like that, could ever rape me, without first killing me. I would have thrown him through a wall.

I just don't understand how this could have happened.

First and foremost... What's gone on here is sick, it's wrong, evil, and it's more than disgusting. And I'm not saying these kids never got raped (because they obviously did)... But what the hell? These aren't middle school or even high school kids... These are 18-22 year old college guys, who are mostly well built, full of strength, and strong as an OX being that they've played for a Penn State College Football program...

How could any of these kids/guys allow a puney, scronney, almost elderly man, in Jerry Sandusky, who was born in 1944, he's 67 almost 70 years old... How the hell did these kids allow a man like this to freaking RAPE THEM?!?!? That's my question! He's not exactly built like a prison inmate. I'm not sure how he could RAPE 20+ college football players, without first getting the living sh*t beat out of him, if not later murdered. There is NO way an old man like that, could ever rape me, without first killing me. I would have thrown him through a wall.

I really think you might want to familiarize yourself with the story and the facts before you continue. You are so far off base from facts of the matter in this situation.

This isnt over from a legal standpoint from JoePa, AD, and former schol president.

Federal laws may have been violated because a crime was comitted on school property and not reported to law enforcement by the administration although federally mandated to do so. Its been reporteded that the Senator from PA has gotten the US Dept of Education involved and they are beginning to conduct an investigation.

What in the hell are you talking about? Have you read anything on this yet? These were 10-13 year old kids.

LOL, dude. The victims were 10 yr old boys from Sandusky's charity NOT college students. Sandusky used school propert to commit the rapes.

I hate to bring any humor into such a horrible situation......but this may be the most unintentionally funny post in JN history.

hahaahah... first laugh I've gotten from this story.

Wow. Just wow.

I hate to bring any humor into such a horrible situation......but this may be the most unintentionally funny post in JN history.

Save me the 45 minutes it would take me to get through it. In which paragraph does he provide the damning stats that proves 10 year-olds are getting progressively better at beating up 60 year-old football coaches?

You do not really focus on much besides JETS stuff....eh!

This isnt over from a legal standpoint from JoePa, AD, and former schol president.

Federal laws may have been violated because a crime was comitted on school property and not reported to law enforcement by the administration although federally mandated to do so. Its been reporteded that the Senator from PA has gotten the US Dept of Education involved and they are beginning to conduct an investigation.

There will be a lot of noise the next few day but the old man will not suffer any criminal charges. There is too much he knows about what went on in that place for 40 plus years. He might still end up with a few civil cases against him. But with the tenure he has had it just might be that his contract puts the damages burden on the University.

As a Penn State alumnus, I am quite shocked to see what has gone on in my former school. I can't believe they cared more about the football program than the lives of little kids who were abused on the campus. The outcry of former students and the current ones who are turning over cars and rioting is disguisting. Was Joe Paterno a coaching legend? Yes he was, but people need to take off the blue colored glasses and realize the only thing to do was to get rid of Curly, Schulz, Spanier and Paterno. They could have done more and they should have. I commend the Board of Trustees for making the right decision, which unfortunately is not the popular one at the moment/

Archived