What Will It Take For Shotty To Be Fired?

The Gun Of Bavaria

The tale of two sides of the ball.

The Jets Defense is playing lights out today. It's more than apparent the last few weeks that despite our rough start, modifications have been made and effective Defensive coaching is well on the way getting this Defense to where everyone expected it to be. All of this, including the play of Bills-Reject / Jets Reclamation Maybin, in addition to not having DeVito or Thomas.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the ball: ineptitude, incompetence, for lack of a better term - a circus. The Offense is a case of one step forward, two steps back. Everytime we think they've turned the corner, we get a display like today. Every single year under the Shotty offensive regime, the Offense has started out slow. Most of the time. they've came around, yet here we are, in week 8 or 9, hell I can't remember, watching the Jets offense sputter...again.

What's it going to take? I don't know. But if things don't improve and god forbid this season end in a less than wanted fashion, Ryan is a complete buffoon and it's blatantly apparent he could care less about improving this offense if Shotty is anything short of being fired.

Favre was 8 - 2 when he tore his biceps.

1. We had an easy schedule that year.

2. Look at his stats and the scores of those games. He never threw for more than 290 yards and we barely won most of those games that we should've run away with. In fact, he threw for less than 200 yards 7 times that season, five times before he got hurt, which is unlike him. And he threw for over 250 just 4 times.

The system hurt him.

STFU JFFQ.

GREAT 2nd half fro Schotty Jr! The way he was slinging the ball around impressed me. Really gutsy stuff. Have to love the way he's convinced Greene to run the ball too.

OH, and something about adjusting. I remember adjustments were a big deal at one point.

What will it take for people to admit Sanchez is a bust?

Him to actually play like a bust?

As opposed to clueless fans who expect a 2nd year QB to do better than 4 road playoff wins and two trips to the conference champ. game.

Kind of like clueless fans also forgetting that a game has 2 halves.

Best game Shotty has called all year -only 1 or 2 calls he made were questionable. I have knocked him consistently but not today. As for Mark, he threw two bad passes-one of which cost but otherwise he was right there. 92+ qb rating which could have been higher. Over 70% completion, Continued in game improvement as the game goes on, 4 road play off wins in 2 years, ability to shake off mistakes, unquestioned leadership skills. Am I missing something that makes him a bust?

Best game Shotty has called all year -only 1 or 2 calls he made were questionable. I have knocked him consistently but not today. As for Mark, he threw two bad passes-one of which cost but otherwise he was right there. 92+ qb rating which could have been higher. Over 70% completion, Continued in game improvement as the game goes on, 4 road play off wins in 2 years, ability to shake off mistakes, unquestioned leadership skills. Am I missing something that makes him a bust?

Agree. One of Schotty's better games. Sanchez threw more than two bad passes as his receivers bailed him out a few times. Good day for both all in all however.

1. We had an easy schedule that year.

2. Look at his stats and the scores of those games. He never threw for more than 290 yards and we barely won most of those games that we should've run away with. In fact, he threw for less than 200 yards 7 times that season, five times before he got hurt, which is unlike him. And he threw for over 250 just 4 times.

The system hurt him.

Are you serious with this?

The tale of two sides of the ball.

The Jets Defense is playing lights out today. It's more than apparent the last few weeks that despite our rough start, modifications have been made and effective Defensive coaching is well on the way getting this Defense to where everyone expected it to be. All of this, including the play of Bills-Reject / Jets Reclamation Maybin, in addition to not having DeVito or Thomas.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the ball: ineptitude, incompetence, for lack of a better term - a circus. The Offense is a case of one step forward, two steps back. Everytime we think they've turned the corner, we get a display like today. Every single year under the Shotty offensive regime, the Offense has started out slow. Most of the time. they've came around, yet here we are, in week 8 or 9, hell I can't remember, watching the Jets offense sputter...again.

What's it going to take? I don't know. But if things don't improve and god forbid this season end in a less than wanted fashion, Ryan is a complete buffoon and it's blatantly apparent he could care less about improving this offense if Shotty is anything short of being fired.

Personally I think another team makes him a head coach first. Sadly.

Archived