Who says Sanchez is scared?

GangisGreen

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He did throw two picks and fumble once. Another pic in the endzone as well. I think he played well after he settled down, but there is a case for thinking he sucked today. If our D wasn't in domination mode today it could have been felt a lot more.

Amen. The New England and Oakland games showed he's not good enough to win when the defense doesn't play like it did today. And quite frankly, his first half performance even put that into question as well.

I lose count quickly. Forgot the one was over turned. Point is still the same. pic in the endzone and a fumble. Are you happy with such things? Like I said, I feel he played well over all ( which shows how little I expect from him ) but to disregard those things like he had a great game I just don't understand. ...... bud

Eli completed just slightly higher than 50% of his passes against the 32nd ranked pass D and needed another miracle (pass INT down to the 1) to get the Giants a win, all while throwing an ugly INT in the endzone, and you know what, I don't know any Giants' fans bitching about their win.

I'm just glad he got the win. Granted he played like crap in the first half, but if most QBs had a half like that, they would have just packed it in. Tom Lady and his bad body language would have crumbled under that kind of pressure...just like he did tonight against the Jints and last week against the Pitts. But Sanchez has shown us time and time again in his "young" career that he never gives up. Whether fans like the guy or not, that's something that should be recognized.

He left points on the field. Again. My frustration isn't with how well he plays, but how in his third year he still hasn't mastered the red light-green light plan. If you are going to throw it away, throw it AWAY! I'll take the mistakes though because I think that letting him rip will provide benefits in the future. I don't want him to become scared/Penningtonized. It's still very frustrating to watch him leave so many points on the field in a tight game.

I'll take wins. Do you people watch teams other than the Jets?

The only QB I've seen this year who consistently plays well every quarter of every game is Aaron Rodgers.

Thank you.

As I've said before, in big games, sanchez finds a way to win. Dude threw the ball 28 times and completed 20 passes. WTF is the problem? I'll take it.

Oh, and Aaron Rogers is not human.

Honestly, I'm convinced most of you watch Jets football in a bubble and expect every performance to be 3 TD's and no INT's with over 300 yard. Did anyone see the pick Ryan threw? what, doesn't matter because they won? How about Eli's abortion in the end zone that suddenly turned this game around? Sanchez is having a solid year and no matter what happens today with the Giants against NE, we are going to be playing a game next week for the division lead. Sanchez is leaps and bounds better than he was last year. There was a great post on that "other" ********* site by some new guy about QB's when they hit their 1600th pass in college and pros combined. I suggest people go check it out for some friggin level headed reason on Sanchez's performance so far.

Link? There are plenty of "********* sites" on the web. lol

Edit: forget it, I googled it.

Biggest thing with Mark and his progression, that I really feel can't be stressed enough, is how early in his career he is......the average analyst/fan will look at Sanchez as a year three QB and want to make comparisons to other QB's who were in their third year....

In my opinion though, the most accurate way to compare QB's, is by the # of throws they have, college + pro's combined......it's like innings pitched or at bats, in baseball.

Mark Sanchez is currently at 1,617 career passes between USC and the Jets, and is on pace for a 84 QB rating.

Peyton Manning hit 1,600 career passes in his rookie season, finished the year with a 71.2 QB Rating.

Drew Brees hit 1,600 career passes, while still in college.

Tom Brady hit 1,600 career passes in his third year, 2nd as starter, finished the year with a 85.7 QB rating.

Phillip Rivers hit 1,600 career passes while still in college.

Eli Manning hit 1,600 career passes at the very beginning of his 2nd season, finished the year with a 75.9 QB rating.

Ben Roethlisberger finished his rookie season with 1,599 career passes, and a 98.1 QB rating.

Matt Ryan hit 1,600 career passes his rookie year, and finished with a QB rating of 87.7

Joe Flacco hit 1,600 career passes in his 2nd season, and finished the year with a QB rating of 88.9

Chad Henne hit 1,600 career passes in his 2nd season, and finished the year with a QB rating of 75.2

Now this doesn't mean Mark is going to be better than any of the QB's listed above, or even on par with any of the QB's listed above.....it just means that at his current rate of experience, he's damn near a rookie QB in this league.......and any real progression is still to come, just as it was in 95% of the guys listed above.

The fact he's done all this learning at the pro level (he's got twice as many NFL throws as college throws) and has made strides every single year......speaks volumes as to the kind of kid he is, the kind of talent he has, and the kind of potential still remaining..

Eli completed just slightly higher than 50% of his passes against the 32nd ranked pass D and needed another miracle (pass INT down to the 1) to get the Giants a win, all while throwing an ugly INT in the endzone, and you know what, I don't know any Giants' fans bitching about their win.

First of all I would rather have Sanchez over backfoot babyfaced Manning. Secondly... who's B*tching? What I said was I can see the case for thinking Sanchez played poorly and gave a couple of reasons why. being real is not b*tching. Sanchez is a tough pill to swallow sometimes. Being unwilling to hear an opposing point of view is called closed minded. Jeeesh Loueeeesh

I'll take wins. Do you people watch teams other than the Jets?

The only QB I've seen this year who consistently plays well every quarter of every game is Aaron Rodgers.

Nice straw man argument. No one has said every quarter of every game except you. People are looking for every quarter of ANY game.

So he's 16th in the league in Passer Rating through mid-year...however Ryan is 18th, Rivers is 20th, Flacco is 25th, Freeman is 26th

He's 26th in Completion Percentage 57.5%...Moore, Dalton, Newton, Beck, Jackson all ahead of him, all above at least 60%.

He's 17th is Passing Yards...

But he's 23rd in Yards per Attempt...Flacco is 25th and Freeman is 28th

He's tied for 8th with 13 TD's but overall that puts him at slightly higher than middle of the pack.

He's tied for 14th with 7 picks which basically puts him in the middle of the pack.

He's 21st in Yards/game.

...and the Jets are 28th in the League in Total Offense.

So he's 16th in the league in Passer Rating through mid-year...however Ryan is 18th, Rivers is 20th, Flacco is 25th, Freeman is 26th

He's 26th in Completion Percentage 57.5%...Moore, Dalton, Newton, Beck, Jackson all ahead of him, all above at least 60%.

He's 17th is Passing Yards...

But he's 23rd in Yards per Attempt...Flacco is 25th and Freeman is 28th

He's tied for 8th with 13 TD's but overall that puts him at slightly higher than middle of the pack.

He's tied for 14th with 7 picks which basically puts him in the middle of the pack.

He's 21st in Yards/game.

...and the Jets are 28th in the League in Total Offense.

And tied for first place with the opportunity to put themselves essentially two games up next Sunday night.....

Hey Sperm, when you decide to stop moving the bar on this kid, let me know. For now, I'll enjoy yet another victory.

Stop moving what bar? You claimed people expect him to play well every quarter of every game. This is a flat-out lie, as no one has made this argument.

I'm enjoying the win fine. Part of every win is not finding a way to rationalize how Mark Sanchez is better than he is. Went through that plenty with Herm Edwards and Chad Pennington, thanks.

Wins, wins, until the AFC championship games. His slow starts are costly.Spin all you want.

Not for nothing but he was statistically better than Eli Manning yesterday and today people are seriously asking this morning if Eli needs to be considered among the elite.

The same people who bitched about stats with Pennington are now using the same stats against Sanchez.

Are we really bitching that our third-year QB hasn't won an AFC Championship Game yet? Really? Four years ago, we, as a fanbase, would have literally sucked off any QB who could have gotten us to one. Who spoiled us? The same guy we are bitching about. It makes no sense man.

And tied for first place with the opportunity to put themselves essentially two games up next Sunday night.....

Ironic enough the only two QB's you could make an argument for have more disappointing years is the 6-2 Flacco and 5-3 Ryan. Also interesting is that we are looking at Sanchez as a player who should be coming into his own in his 3rd year, however both Flacco and Ryan are in their 4th. You could add a 4-4 Josh Freeman there too, playing in his 3rd year. So imo, Sanchize is part of this, so-far, under-whelming/performing group.

Ravens 2nd, Jets 8th, Falcons 14th in Total D (per game)...4-4 Tampa 29th.

Not for nothing but he was statistically better than Eli Manning yesterday and today people are seriously asking this morning if Eli needs to be considered among the elite.

The same people who bitched about stats with Pennington are now using the same stats against Sanchez.

Are we really bitching that our third-year QB hasn't won an AFC Championship Game yet? Really? Four years ago, we, as a fanbase, would have literally sucked off any QB who could have gotten us to one. Who spoiled us? The same guy we are bitching about. It makes no sense man.

I don't care about stats. I don;t care about Eli "Rainman" Manning. He had more luck to win that Superbowl than you and I would need to urn a marathon.

I care about our "Franchise" QB in his third year in the league un-capable of playing a complete football game. He is STILL having the same slow start issues that cost us a AFC Championsip. If our defense doesn;t play all world and if are running game has an off game we lose. The first half yesterday sucked balls a better team put us away.

Im not bitching about not winning an AFC championship game yet. Im bitching about not winning one when we had the chance and our QB doing the same thing that cost us last years. He shows up to one 1 o'clock at 230, luckily the Bill are overrated.

He is STILL having the same slow start issues that cost us a AFC Championsip. If our defense doesn;t play all world and if are running game has an off game we lose. The first half yesterday sucked balls a better team put us away.

His first half wasn't terrible. He made two costly mistakes, no doubt, but his overall play wasn't horrible. He was engineering an outstanding opening drive before the interception. It was something like a 10 minute march down the field. Obviously he has to close that out with points, but it's not the seven 3 & outs we've seen in other games.

It's like bizzarro world in here today. Jets won on the road for the first time all season yesterday. Won after the bye for the first time under Ryan. Won by 16 points. Sanchez finished the game completing 71% of his throws for over 8 ypa and a passer rating of 92.9 - and the primary discussion on the board is how much he still sucks.

I don't get it.

Stop moving what bar? You claimed people expect him to play well every quarter of every game. This is a flat-out lie, as no one has made this argument.

Actually, people are saying that when they criticize him for never having a complete game. A complete game means playing well for every quarter. Or am I wrong?

It doesn't matter for the W today. That's right. But, as we've seen, we're also capable of not winning. And, Sanchez's play is often about the same in those games. Other teams just take advantage.

No way!!! That Jets are capable of losing a game?

Is there any other team in the NFL like this?

His first half wasn't terrible. He made two costly mistakes, no doubt, but his overall play wasn't horrible. He was engineering an outstanding opening drive before the interception. It was something like a 10 minute march down the field. Obviously he has to close that out with points, but it's not the seven 3 & outs we've seen in other games.

It's like bizzarro world in here today. Jets won on the road for the first time all season yesterday. Won after the bye for the first time under Ryan. Won by 16 points. Sanchez finished the game completing 71% of his throws for over 8 ypa and a passer rating of 92.9 - and the primary discussion on the board is how much he still sucks.

I don't get it.

What's to get Slats? Sanchez puts together an awesome drive against the Bills then tosses the ball to a DB in the end zone. We should have been up by 10-14 at halftime. Sanchez doesn't suck, his inconsistency does. Big deal we beat the over hyped Bills, same team we spanked last year.

This board is no different than anywhere else on the net today. Jets win after Sanchez slow start blah blah blah.

Im happy we won but overall I want to win a championship. Two quarters of football is not enough.

Actually, people are saying that when they criticize him for never having a complete game. A complete game means playing well for every quarter. Or am I wrong?

Game started at 1 oclock he showed up at 230? Your ok with this? Did you enjoy last years AFC champioship?

vote smc

Trust me.

What's to get Slats? Sanchez puts together an awesome drive against the Bills then tosses the ball to a DB in the end zone. We should have been up by 10-14 at halftime. Sanchez doesn't suck, his inconsistency does. Big deal we beat the over hyped Bills, same team we spanked last year.

This board is no different than anywhere else on the net today. Jets win after Sanchez slow start blah blah blah.

Im happy we won but overall I want to win a championship. Two quarters of football is not enough.

I don't get the slow start commentary after that game. If it was the repeated 3 & outs we've seen before, then yes. That was a great opening drive capped off by an absolutely bone-headed pick. Complain about that all you want. I will, too. That first half looked like the kind of game the Jets would lose to me. But the slow start argument doesn't fit.

I don't get it.

I didnt look at the board for the most part yesterday, just a quick glance at the game thread after the win. Didnt read any threads. I'm shocked by this today to be honest. He played fine. Made a stupid decision in the endzone. It happens to everyone.

Its just something we'll be dealing with for the rest of his career. He'll never be perfect and these guys will never be pleased.

I love him.

I don't get the slow start commentary after that game. If it was the repeated 3 & outs we've seen before, then yes. That was a great opening drive capped off by an absolutely bone-headed pick. Complain about that all you want. I will, too. That first half looked like the kind of game the Jets would lose to me. But the slow start argument doesn't fit.

Maybe Im using the wrong words. What I mean is we had nice drives that did not produce points because our QB waited till half time to start focusing. To me dominating a team for a half of football and only leading by 3 at halftime is a slow start. Im no words smith. You know that. LOL

Archived