Rex Ryan winningest Jets coach ever!

Schmidt

Holy crap, what a sickening two years under Rich Kotite. 4-28, .125, I remember those being terrible years (I was 11-12) but I didn't remember it being THAT bad. Worst coach in Jets history. Also nice to see Pete Carroll is fulfilling his previous statistics (.378) yikes.

Does the fact he has only been here 2 1/2 years makes anyone else over 40 want to cry?

Well it's based on win %, not total victories (that one still belongs to Weeb for a while), so time frame doesn't really have much of anything to do with it. The real hope is that he manages to keep it up, unlike some of his predecessors who started off the same way.

Being the winningest Jets coach in history is kind of like being the smartest kid in the slow class. It's not really a great accomplishment.

LOL, true, but it is an accomplishments.

You have to judge a coach against his peers and the history of the franchise.

Well it's based on win %, not total victories (that one still belongs to Weeb for a while), so time frame doesn't really have much of anything to do with it. The real hope is that he manages to keep it up, unlike some of his predecessors who started off the same way.

Thanx for pointing that out. your my second favorite BG on this sight.

Well, if the Jets make the playoffs this year Rex will be the first Jets HC to make it 3 yrs in a row.

When Rex took over I envisioned him to have a similar career arc as John Madden and he's pretty much following that.

29-17 overall, which includes a 4-2 road playoff record, which is extremely impressive; especially considering the fact that he's done it with a rookie/2nd year QB over the past two years in Sanchez, one whom only had 1 year of college experience as a starter. As Sanchez continues to develop and improve with overall experience... We won't see anymore 9-7 types of seasons. Rex Ryan is the type of football coach that will consistantly lead us to 11-5, 12-4, 13-3 etc types of seasons. As long as Rex Ryan is here, our defense will continue to perform as one of the best D's around.

29-17 overall, which includes a 4-2 road playoff record, which is extremely impressive; especially considering the fact that he's done it with a rookie/2nd year QB over the past two years in Sanchez, one whom only had 1 year of college experience as a starter. As Sanchez continues to develop and improve with overall experience... We won't see anymore 9-7 types of seasons. Rex Ryan is the type of football coach that will consistantly lead us to 11-5, 12-4, 13-3 etc types of seasons. As long as Rex Ryan is here, our defense will continue to perform as one of the best D's around.

I hope he stays here forever.

Exactly

Archived