Since we're talking safeties....

stoicsentry

How do you like your defense without "little" Jim Leonhard? Suckers!

I'm pretty sure last year the week after we lost him we got blown out by the Pats to the tune of 45 to 3. Our defense slowly got better and was able to band aid that part of the defense. Let's see how the rest of the season plays out. We still have our destiny in our own hands, we just gotta play smart.

I'd much rather have an aldon smith, von miller or ryan kerrigan; someone who can put consistent pressure on the QB without having to send exotic blitzes. I would love a starting caliber safety for once, but an every down pass-rushing OLB has been something we've needed since Abe left.

Have you really seen that many "exotic blitzes" in 2011? I haven't. Lately I think they are mostly just letting Maybin run around like a nutbag and occasionally sending an ILB up the middle or DB wide. When you rush 3, sending an extra guy or two really isn't a big deal.

Have you really seen that many "exotic blitzes" in 2011? I haven't. Lately I think they are mostly just letting Maybin run around like a nutbag and occasionally sending an ILB up the middle or DB wide. When you rush 3, sending an extra guy or two really isn't a big deal.

Probably exotic in the sense that they will disguise the blitz better than most in order to get a free db. I guess my main point was that we have to rely on one of Rex or Pettine's schemes to give defensive back at a free shot at the QB in order to really get after him. Now that's not always the case as we do get some coverage sacks and maybin has been a beast, but we have no one on the roster who is an every-down player where you know he is just going to be relentless getting after the QB. Watching guys like Aldon Smith, Kerrigan and Von Miller this year really made me miss that even more.

Archived