Santonio Holmes: MERGED

FloridaJetsFan

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't necessarily think he quit on the team for leaving the game yesterday or fighting in the huddle. I figured they pulled him for the fight. Apparently the players were getting on him for quitting on the team. I thought it was supposedly Wayne Hunter and not Moore that got into it with him. Sanchez has sucked, but the receivers are dogs. Burress and Holmes in particular, that is why he kept going to Kerley. I think Braylon was a dog much of the time too.

If I were the coach I would insist that Sanchez play much more as a pocket passer. I would stress it during preseason. I would Insist that he THROW the ball by setting his feet and firing and not do this pussyfooting trying to use touch bullsh*t that has caused him to throw to defensive linemen. I like him on the designed rollouts, but if he throws a pick I want it to be THROWN, not flipped, tossed or lobbed.

I didn't necessarily think he quit on the team for leaving the game yesterday or fighting in the huddle. I figured they pulled him for the fight. Apparently the players were getting on him for quitting on the team. I thought it was supposedly Wayne Hunter and not Moore that got into it with him. Sanchez has sucked, but the receivers are dogs. Burress and Holmes in particular, that is why he kept going to Kerley. I think Braylon was a dog much of the time too.

If I were the coach I would insist that Sanchez play much more as a pocket passer. I would stress it during preseason. I would Insist that he THROW the ball by setting his feet and firing and not do this pussyfooting trying to use touch bullsh*t that has caused him to throw to defensive linemen. I like him on the designed rollouts, but if he throws a pick I want it to be THROWN, not flipped, tossed or lobbed.

They try slants too. Jet fans kill them for it. Sanchez also has his good days with them (Steelers last year, Pats at some point maybe last year)....and then he has his Denver, Giants, and so on.

That said, I'm agenda-ing and I like you as a poster so I will add on. That would be a good idea to do in preseason. He needs to start managing his time in the pocket better, and then his time out of the pocket better. Jason mentioned the other day that he goes back back back THEN takes the sack. It's annoying. There's times he does a great job managing the play outside the pocket like those rollout TDs to Keller in the end zone he pulls out once or twice a season, but those are just moments. Start with managing his time in the pocket better, and work from there.

Also, Burress can go. He can go the the Pats or somewhere a QB can make up for his statuesque athleticism and play. Grab a giant young TE if you want someone who does that job in the pass catching group. This O definitely needs speed around Sanchez.

They try slants too. Jet fans kill them for it. Sanchez also has his good days with them (Steelers last year, Pats at some point maybe last year)....and then he has his Denver, Giants, and so on.

That said, I'm agenda-ing and I like you as a poster so I will add on. That would be a good idea to do in preseason. He needs to start managing his time in the pocket better, and then his time out of the pocket better. Jason mentioned the other day that he goes back back back THEN takes the sack. It's annoying. There's times he does a great job managing the play outside the pocket like those rollout TDs to Keller in the end zone he pulls out once or twice a season, but those are just moments. Start with managing his time in the pocket better, and work from there.

Also, Burress can go. He can go the the Pats or somewhere a QB can make up for his statuesque athleticism and play. Grab a giant young TE if you want someone who does that job in the pass catching group. This O definitely needs speed around Sanchez.

I'm not saying that they don't try those things, I'm complaining that when Sanchez breaks the pocket he is too willing to make lazy tosses rather than throwing the ball. Sometimes it seems like they harp on something and he thinks about it (throwing to a D-lineman because "we can't take a sack") rather than reacting like any decent football player would. I want him running laps for holding the ball loose and throwing like a pussy.

As for Burress I think he is a great complimentary piece - red zone, shorter yardage, occasional long heave. I don't like him much as a #2. I think that Cumberland might fit the bill and Turner is a similar body type, but obviously much worse.

There are going to be some unhappy players if he’s back. “His practice habits were terrible,” the source said. “I’ve never seen anything like it.”

If only there was a way that Tannenbaum could have KNOWN about Holmes's reputation before he made the trade! If only he could have known!!!

If only there was a way that Tannenbaum could have KNOWN about Holmes's reputation before he made the trade! If only he could have known!!!

This is clearly a Rex's big ego issue..He thinks he can handle anyone and they will follow him because he is Rex..a players coach..horses**t

Tell me one players coach in the play offs now..none.. and the 2 best..Belichick and McCarthy..certainly not players coaches....Can't be people's buddy and their boss..never works,...Tom Coughlin...when they needed a "W" they got one didn't they

This is clearly a Rex's big ego issue..He thinks he can handle anyone and they will follow him because he is Rex..a players coach..horses**t

Tell me one players coach in the play offs now..none.. and the 2 best..Belichick and McCarthy..certainly not players coaches....Can't be people's buddy and their boss..never works,...Tom Coughlin...when they needed a "W" they got one didn't they

While I get your point, that last example is probably a really awful one considering the fact that for three years running the Giants were absolutely horrendous down the stretch and kept missing the playoffs because of it, and needed their division to be so bad that 9 wins was enough to win it this year (and if not for that, he'd be unemployed right now). The type of coach you are isn't what makes you a good or bad one.

While I get your point, that last example is probably a really awful one considering the fact that for three years running the Giants were absolutely horrendous down the stretch and kept missing the playoffs because of it, and needed their division to be so bad that 9 wins was enough to win it this year (and if not for that, he'd be unemployed right now). The type of coach you are isn't what makes you a good or bad one.

This team is coming off back to back AFC championship games and Rex affectedly lost the team the last month of the season..This problem has been brewing for awhile and for him to plead ignorance tells me a lot about Rex..He is letting the players dictate, now maybe it works in the NBA but will never work in the National Football League..When you take guys of questionable character there is ALWAYS the risk - reward factor...the risk is your team gets torn apart...IT HAPPENED IN THIS CASE..A 45 million DOLLAR mistake,,,BAD..you can tell by the players comments they can't stand Holmes and he is not changing ever

This team is coming off back to back AFC championship games and Rex affectedly lost the team the last month of the season..This problem has been brewing for awhile and for him to plead ignorance tells me a lot about Rex..He is letting the players dictate, now maybe it works in the NBA but will never work in the National Football League..When you take guys of questionable character there is ALWAYS the risk - reward factor...the risk is your team gets torn apart...IT HAPPENED IN THIS CASE..A 45 million DOLLAR mistake,,,BAD..you can tell by the players comments they can't stand Holmes and he is not changing ever

Oh, don't get me wrong, I don't disagree with any of that. My only point was there is more than just the overall type of coach that plays into that, as there are plenty of disciplinarian type coaches who have been awful and players coaches who have been successful. As you pointed out, there's more issues Rex is having than just being nice to his players. Unfortunately there were a number of clearly bad decisions made by Rex and Tanny with this team that have really come back to bite them in the a$$.

And if Braylon was still on the Jets, he would not have been where he was when he got injured, so most likely he would have had a full season.

And you know this how?

Since the injury happened when Braylon was playing for the 49ers against the Cowboys, if he was still a Jet he never would have been in that game in the first place and he therefore would not gotten injured in that game.

http://www.examiner.com/san-francisco-49ers-in-san-francisco/49ers-wr-braylon-edwards-has-surgery-michael-crabtree-likely-to-play

A decent estimate, Senor. And without Braylon, Holmes caught fewer passes for less yardage in 16 games than he caught in 12 games last year.

Not to mention that Braylon's known for his run blocking, and our run game took a dive this year in Braylon's absence.

Since the injury happened when Braylon was playing for the 49ers against the Cowboys, if he was still a Jet he never would have been in that game in the first place and he therefore would not gotten injured in that game.

http://www.examiner....-likely-to-play

Yeah but still, he had knee troubles before then dating back to his time in Cleveland. It's hard to really predict what kind of season he would have had here, especially considering how our offense regressed.

A decent estimate, Senor. And without Braylon, Holmes caught fewer passes for less yardage in 16 games than he caught in 12 games last year.

Not to mention that Braylon's known for his run blocking, and our run game took a dive this year in Braylon's absence.

Holy sh*t, I swear I didn't even see this. I love you guys.

Archived