Santonio Holmes: MERGED

FloridaJetsFan

Just got back form the game. Sat in sec 114 row 4. Right behind the Jets bench. I wish I could tell you what was being said, I can’t. But it’s not hard to see someone yelling F U.

I’ve only read this thread as far as this post so I hope I’m not going to be reposting something that has already been posted.

I really understand now why Holmes was kicked out of Pittsburgh. Guy is a major A H.

His behavior at the end of the game started in the 2nd ¼. It was on a play Sanchez was hurried on, and threw a ball behind Holmes. Think it was the only time in the game he was thrown to.

He came to the side line and just started acting like a baby. Yelling crap (couldn’t hear what) stomping, and just acted like an a$$.

Plax came over and said something to him, and Holmes screamed at him

FU. Plax walked away.

I started watching him in the Binocs. Thought this is going to get interesting. It did. He just flat quit. He didn’t even make an attempt to run his routes. At one time a member of the coaching staff came over to him, and he just turned his back and walked away.

Kerley started to get his snaps. (and played really well) Holmes just sat alone yelling stuff at people on the Jets. Then just sat silent, and acted like he wasn’t interested.

The last play he was in, he was in the huddle and started yelling at some one. Slauson screemed at him what appeared to be “STFU”

Holmes just turned and left the huddle. Sat down and that was that.

This guy is a total douche.

For once Tom I agree with you

Wow.

23 million dollars guaranteed.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for info green! I don't know how Santonio makes it on the roster come opening day, let alone how he makes the plane ride home!

Very simple anwser, first most of the guys on the team I would say around 80% don't give a sh*t, and only really concern themselves with what they do. 10% probably agree with his behavior. And 9% out of the remaining 10% are Pussies or suck so bad (Sanchez, Turner, E. Smith, to name a few) they can't validate saying a god dam word. The other 1% is hurt and hasn't played all year (Robert Turner), so if he isn't on the plane Holmes is fine.

As for next year 2 things, Rex loves his talent and will make nice nice with him in the offseason, and its really not feasible Cap wise to get rid of him, his cap hit is 9.2 Million next year, and his cap penalty if cut is 8.5 million.

Very simple anwser, first most of the guys on the team I would say around 80% don't give a sh*t, and only really concern themselves with what they do. 10% probably agree with his behavior. And 9% out of the remaining 10% are Pussies or suck so bad (Sanchez, Turner, E. Smith, to name a few) they can't validate saying a god dam word. The other 1% is hurt and hasn't played all year (Robert Turner), so if he isn't on the plane Holmes is fine.

As for next year 2 things, Rex loves his talent and will make nice nice with him in the offseason, and its really not feasible Cap wise to get rid of him, his cap hit is 9.2 Million next year, and his cap penalty if cut is 8.5 million.

So you don't think they will trade him?

Well he can absolutely never play for the Jets again, at least not under Ryan and not with about 85% of that roster.

He needs to go, and there's a list of overrated prima donna's that can join his sorry a$$. Although I can understand him being pissed but he's a ****ing professional and there's absolutely no excuse for that, especially when the team is where it is, not for a regular player nevermind a ****ing team captain. It's a shame because he's certainly one of the best we have, but now he has to go and the off-season is a rebuilding job. As much as I loved Sanchez, he just didn't perform this season at all, we have to bring someone else in, even if Sanchez is still the starter - His competition can't be a washed up veteran who's only playing to get himself out of a financial crisis.

Anyways. **** you Holmes.

So you don't think they will trade him?

2 things on this

First I don't know if you find a team willing to give you anything for him with that contract attached, and second, I don't know how that works cap wise when you trade a player that you already gave future money to like the Jets did for Holmes, im pretty sure your on the hook for that even if you trade him, so his negative number would still count against the cap, but you have to ask someone like Jason about that im not sure either way, so don't want to give you a definitve awnser.

Like I said, I dont condone his behavior but get the frustration. He's a baller stuck in an inept offense.

Agreed.

My take, based on nothing but speculation, he's pissed off at mostly Schotty and also Sanchez. Schotty has phased him out of the gameplan because the gameplan is to hide Sanchez. We don't throw to WRs anymore. Not because they're not open, but because the risk reward is too low with Sanchez at QB and the way the line has been playing.

Santonio wants the ball, and he wants a chance to make plays, which he doesn't get here.

Agreed.

My take, based on nothing but speculation, he's pissed off at mostly Schotty and also Sanchez. Schotty has phased him out of the gameplan because the gameplan is to hide Sanchez. We don't throw to WRs anymore. Not because they're not open, but because the risk reward is too low with Sanchez at QB and the way the line has been playing.

Santonio wants the ball, and he wants a chance to make plays, which he doesn't get here.

And that still doesn't excuse being an unprofessional jackass. Whether others around them may not be doing they're job well, I don't see any reason to fault their effort. As for Holmes, he's getting paid a sh*t load of money to do his job and he obviously wasn't doing it. **** him.

Wow.

23 million dollars guaranteed.

Sperm I just went and looked it up on Jason’s site. If the Jets cut or trade him in 2012 it cost 8.5 M. if they cut him in 2013 it cost 8.7 M.

Holy crap what do they do with this guy?

I’m just saying, it really looked to me like he just walked off the field in a major game. With the game still winnable. It also looked like his teammates didn’t want him out there.

If that’s true, how does he go back out there with this team next year?

They can’t trade or cut him. This is going to be a problem.

Agreed.

EY no matter what his reason was, he walked off the field. He quit on his team mates. I don't give a crap what his motives were. I've can recall ever seeing a Jets player do that.

He's pissed, so he jsut walks off, and curses his teammates out?

Try that at work

And that still doesn't excuse being an unprofessional jackass. Whether others around them may not be doing they're job well, I don't see any reason to fault their effort. As for Holmes, he's getting paid a sh*t load of money to do his job and he obviously wasn't doing it. **** him.

EY no matter what his reason was, he walked off the field. He quit on his team mates. I don't give a crap what his motives were. I've can recall ever seeing a Jets player do that.

Try that at work

I'm not saying that his behavior is excusable. Just that I see where's he's coming from, and actually agree with why he's upset, though not how he handled it.

On top of that, I'd rather have him than Schotty or Sanchez, regardless of attitude. We've seen Holmes play at an elite or near elite level. Can't say the same about either of those other guys.

I'm not saying that his behavior is excusable. Just that I see where's he's coming from, and actually agree with why he's upset, though not how he handled it.

On top of that, I'd rather have him than Schotty or Sanchez, regardless of attitude. We've seen Holmes play at an elite or near elite level. Can't say the same about either of those other guys.

Try that at work

Makes you wonder how many times he quits on routes or does not extend plays. If they took him out in this situation this has probably been an issue other times during the season as well. I highly doubt this just happened this game.

The fact that it happened in the middle of a drive someone must have seen something and it pissed the coaching staff off.

If he was just pissed about not getting his number called then he needs to grow up, just insuring the fact hes an immature child. Maybe when he fumbled the game away a few weeks ago we should have told him to stay in the locker room at halftime.

One very good season out of 6 does not = elite 4 of which were with Rothlesburger and a true #1 WR opposite him

I think Holmes is a baller, but he needs to go

Baller ? Ballers dont get their heart questioned by their teammates, the guys a pussy and a freakin child . The fact that Rex made him a captain might just make him an even bigger idiot.

Jenny Vrentas @JennyVrentas 10m

Holmes' teammates questioned Holmes' passion, in this game and the season. Tomlinson this sparked an argument in huddle in 4Q. #nyj

3:57 PM - 1 Jan 12 via UberSocial for BlackBerry · Details

profilepic_normal.jpgJenny Vrentas @JennyVrentas 11m

Late in the fourth quarter, WRs coach Henry Ellard sent Patrick Turner into the huddle and said to get Holmes out of there. #nyj

I hope theres some kind of clause in this morons contract because no way in hell any team in this league will pick up the remaining mess that this contract is.

Baller ? Ballers dont get their heart questioned by their teammates, the guys a pussy and a freakin child . The fact that Rex made him a captain might just make him an even bigger idiot.

I hope theres some kind of clause in this morons contract because no way in hell any team in this league will pick up the remaining mess that this contract is.

Yeah, there's little doubt in my mind that if he was on pats, saints or colts the dude would put up monster numbers, i just don't think he's a good fit here anymore with our sucky / baby qb and dirtbag hc..

Yeah, there's little doubt in my mind that if he was on pats, saints or colts the dude would put up monster numbers, i just don't think he's a good fit here anymore with our sucky / baby qb and dirtbag hc..

I think the guy is a cluster **** and there was more to just smoking a joint In pittsburgh something internal is and was going on with this guy. Hes obviously got the talent but hes not very bright nor is he consistent I dont care how much talent he has if he lacks mental toughness.

Makes you wonder how many times he quits on routes or does not extend plays. If they took him out in this situation this has probably been an issue other times during the season as well. I highly doubt this just happened this game.

The fact that it happened in the middle of a drive someone must have seen something and it pissed the coaching staff off.

If he was just pissed about not getting his number called then he needs to grow up, just insuring the fact hes an immature child. Maybe when he fumbled the game away a few weeks ago we should have told him to stay in the locker room at halftime.

One very good season out of 6 does not = elite 4 of which were with Rothlesburger and a true #1 WR opposite him

Smash

I really don't think he was benched. I think he just walked off the field because his teammates were yelling at him.

I was watching thru my binocs. I wish I had total recall, or an instant replay of my binocs. I don't. He came in the huddle, someone to the right of Sanchez yelled something at him. He went off, then Slauston just screemed at him. He turned and walked away,

I didn't see anyone come and tap him on his pads to tell him to get out.

He just quit

I know I don't post here much, and I will probably be killed, but he is right! It is absolutely embarassing to watch Sanchez drop back every time and check down! I am tired of watching speed wasted with three-yard hook routes! Sanchez's confidence is shot, and he may be sh*ttyheimerd. Even when he throws over three yards it is not even close! What happened? We all see it, the offense is putrid! The Jets got way to cute. It started in the pre-season with putting Douchey in with the starters, hence Hunter being out for the season, leading to the Hunter disaster.Stop trying to kill the guy that is trying to get it right! Is he going about it the right way?No, but the message must be sent. Or we could fill our team with a bunch of Hunter's that don't rock the boat, they just suck!

I know I don't post here much, and I will probably be killed, but he is right! It is absolutely embarassing to watch Sanchez drop back every time and check down! I am tired of watching speed wasted with three-yard hook routes! Sanchez's confidence is shot, and he may be sh*ttyheimerd. Even when he throws over three yards it is not even close! What happened? We all see it, the offense is putrid! The Jets got way to cute. It started in the pre-season with putting Douchey in with the starters, hence Hunter being out for the season, leading to the Hunter disaster.Stop trying to kill the guy that is trying to get it right! Is he going about it the right way?No, but the message must be sent. Or we could fill our team with a bunch of Hunter's that don't rock the boat, they just suck!

Nothing to kill you over. I agree to an extent. Especially knowing the player Holmes is. Again the issue here, is that the guy was made the Captain of the team by the Head Coach. THAT IS ******* EMBARRASSING. The downfall of Rex could/will be stupid, stupid moves like this.

Nothing to kill you over. I agree to an extent. Especially knowing the player Holmes is. Again the issue here, is that the guy was made the Captain of the team by the Head Coach. THAT IS ******* EMBARRASSING. The downfall of Rex could/will be stupid, stupid moves like this.

-----

I want competative people who don't like losing, who don't like failing to be captains of my team. This teams offense failed miserably over the last three weeks! Our offensive philosphy was "same ole, same ole". I was watching the game with my wife, a Dolphin fan, and I knew every pass was going to the outlet. My question is, who didn't? I understand Santonio's frustration. My question is why there isn't more offensive personal frustrated with mediocre play?

Maybe I'm remembering this wrong, but didn't you spend all of the 2007 season with a Rex Ryan signature?

Yes, I did. I like Rex, a lot. However, I've never been big on his boastfulness. I think he is a great defensive coach. When you see me criticize him here, it is primarily because his ability to HEAD coach, and handle adversity is disappointing... And it seems to me that beyond his bully rhetoric, he's got no answers for the problems with discipline and execution that have plagued this team all season.

I forget sometimes people in message boards like to form camps for flame wars, and you can't just be a Jets fan calling it as you see it. Rex was a great coach his first two years, this year he put forth one of the worst seasons of coaching in the league. Not calling for his head, just saying ... He needs to be better, and the side show act makes him look worse, not better.

Also think its retarded when people make the comment, Rex being Rex. Rex is a great defensive coach and his defens sucked this year. If Rex is going to go back to being true to himself, that is where he'll have to make changes first.

Also think its retarded when people make the comment, Rex being Rex. Rex is a great defensive coach and his defens sucked this year. If Rex is going to go back to being true to himself, that is where he'll have to make changes first.

For what it's worth, the defense was ranked 7th in total defense. It definitely took a step back, and was not what we've come to expect, but it was a long way from "suck".

None of this would be an issue if that DUMB FAT **** of a Head Coach didn't make him Captain. He would just be your typical douchebag NFL WR otherwise.

FYI- I do truly like Rex I really do but I'm just pissed.

Haha... Feel the same way right now.

It can never just be a mediocre season with the jets.... They have to go out in the most dumb **** way possible, to truly ensure torment for the fans.

For what it's worth, the defense was ranked 7th in total defense. It definitely took a step back, and was not what we've come to expect, but it was a long way from "suck".

Screw the rankings.

How many games did we blow because he defense couldnt close?

It's delusional, but I have to cling to the Eli career arc, so with the Giants changing OCs after Eli's 3rd year and parting ways with their locker room cancer, but best offensive player in Tiki Barber, I hope the Jets fire Schitty and get rid of Holmes.

It didn't suck, but the D did give up 3 90+ yard game altering TD drives this year, the first time that has happened in the Rex era.

Screw the rankings.

I understand. But I don't think you can completely dismiss the rankings.

The best defense is an offense that can run out the clock at the end of a game. Something we've never had. It also would have helped if we could have shifted field position once or twice this season.

Do I think the Jets were the 7th best defense in the league. Maybe not. Did they suck... Hardly.

It didn't suck, but the D did give up 3 90+ yard game altering TD drives this year, the first time that has happened in the Rex era.

I agree it took a step back, and there are major talent issues. I just think this team asks way too much of it's defense, that honestly, at times it's even impressive they do as well as they do.

Screw the rankings.

oy.. you do understand what a bunch of three and outs do to a defense? yes??

Did you here cromartie's comments today, about only 1 side of the ball putting in effort.. there's obviously been a growing divide

I understand. But I don't think you can completely dismiss the rankings.

The best defense is an offense that can run out the clock at the end of a game. Something we've never had. It also would have helped if we could have shifted field position once or twice this season.

Do I think the Jets were the 7th best defense in the league. Maybe not. Did they suck... Hardly.

Yeah, totally agree with the offense dictating the game. I think we're looking at it the same way.

Only real reason I brought it up is because the teams identity h as changed since Ryan's first year. He needs to get back to coaching, and stop with all the spotlight nonsense. He always talks about being himself... He has become a caricature of himself and a joke. Just tired of the cameos, interviews and cutesy bullsh*t. I want the football coach version of Rex back. Less punch lines, more solutions to the problems. We've seen zero evolution of this team this season. Not one problem from early on was worked out, in fact most got worse.

Archived