Todd Haley Meeting with Jets on Thursday

BroadwayJ667

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want Haley to clothesline Holmes at the first sign of trouble. On TV.

The argument would go something like this-

Sparano- A pass? Are you nuts? Do you know who the QB is?

Haley- A run? Are you nuts? Do you know who the RB is?

A failed HC who never really accomplished dick offensively in the NFL on his own, a guy who was still getting by on what he did with QB's years ago, and Tom Moore. Yep, sounds about right.

Lateral moves. Welcome to Tannendome bitches. WE DON'T UPGRADE FOR NOBODY.

Who would you have preferred?

The one thing I'll agree with you on was moving up to draft a QB at #5 so he can manage your ground and pound game was stupid. Especially when Freeman would have been sitting there.

And we can all have the never ending conversation like, what was Bill Walsh without Montana, Clark and Rice yadda yadda. Just give the guy credit for his accomplishments already.

The difference with Walsh or if you want to include Beli with Brady, they hand picked those guys by drafting them, Halley was GIVEN those players to work with.

The difference with Walsh or if you want to include Beli with Brady, they hand picked those guys by drafting them, Halley was GIVEN those players to work with.

You do realize if not for Mo Lewis no one would have ever even heard of Tom Brady. And Belichick would have road the Bledsoe train, the QB given to him, probably for another 10 years. If they still won 3 super bowls would that have made Belichick's accomplishments any less?

Who would you have preferred?

What, not who. That Schottenheimer was out is fine. That as of now we're going into next season with the same formula as the previous one is beyond absurd. Herpa derp derp ground and pound and Sanchez is mah QB and we're going to play like Jets today durka durka. It's nonsensical BS and this season was a pretty good indicator that the book is out on it leaguewide. For the most part, Tannenbaum's moved laterally with the roster the past several seasons, makes sense he's doing it with the coaching staff as well right now and it's such a crock.

It's exactly that.

It's an interesting move if anything. Finding players still means more...Maybe this really does mean Bowe is a candidate to come here.

And Barton mentioned Carey too. I'd be pretty happy with these hires (that I currently dont like) if it also yielded us Bowe and Carey.

What, not who. That Schottenheimer was out is fine. That as of now we're going into next season with the same formula as the previous one is beyond absurd. Herpa derp derp ground and pound and Sanchez is mah QB and we're going to play like Jets today durka durka. It's nonsensical BS and this season was a pretty good indicator that the book is out on it leaguewide. For the most part, Tannenbaum's moved laterally with the roster the past several seasons, makes sense he's doing it with the coaching staff as well right now and it's such a crock.

So who would you have like, hired instead, hypothetically?

Oh right. Make it 2 and 1/2 OC's. This is like that episode of Entourage where the crazy German director was screaming insanities and questioning how many people it takes to manage one crappy actor.

And then Turtle did his best post-turnover Sanchez impression when Jason Patrick stole the last piece of banana cream pie.

You can't have it both ways. Coaches only get credit for what they got out of a player when it fits your agenda? Give me a break. Warner was considered a washed-up old has-been when he arrived in Arizona. The end of his time in St. Louis was a mess and he was beat out by Marc freakin' Bulger. He then went to NY, did little to nothing for a handful of games and despite it still being early in the season and them having a shot at the playoffs, he was benched for Eli, who was awful in his rookie year. He then spent his first two years in Arizona mostly on the bench behind Matt Leinart before Haley showed up. Yet Haley gets no credit for taking that same guy and getting him back to the level he hadn't played at in nearly 6 years (which will probably earn Warner a HOF induction) on their way to the Super Bowl?

Of course, none of this is to say he'll do the same for Sanchez's career (that is very likely impossible) or anything else about what he'll do with the Jets (assuming he's hired) for that matter, but trying to completely dismiss everything he's ever done as a coach is completely baseless.

You do realize if not for Mo Lewis no one would have ever even heard of Tom Brady. And Belichick would have road the Bledsoe train, the QB given to him, probably for another 10 years. If they still won 3 super bowls would that have made Belichick's accomplishments any less?

This is false there were rumblings all camp, and into the first 2 weeks of the year that Belicheck loved Brady, thought he had something there, and was ready to make a move. All Mo Lewis did was make the move for Beli, a move he would have made regardless less risky, if he does it while Bledsoe is healthy one might construe the move as putting your job on the line, Lewis just removed that part of it.

This is false there were rumblings all camp, and into the first 2 weeks of the year that Belicheck loved Brady, thought he had something there, and was ready to make a move. All Mo Lewis did was make the move for Beli, a move he would have made regardless less risky, if he does it while Bledsoe is healthy one might construe the move as putting your job on the line, Lewis just removed that part of it.

Put the water pistol down slowly son. He was signed to a then, record setting 10 year $103M deal prior to that 01' season starting.

So since there were rumors that Belichick might make a move that he never actually did make, and while the Pats could have been completely out of the playoff running by the time he made the move (if ever), that leads to him getting tons of credit for it. Yet meanwhile, Haley was the OC when the Cardinals benched Leinart for Warner and he gets no credit for that. Did I get that right?

So since there were rumors that Belichick might make a move that he never actually did make, and while the Pats could have been completely out of the playoff running by the time he made the move (if ever), that leads to him getting tons of credit for it. Yet meanwhile, Haley was the OC when the Cardinals benched Leinart for Warner and he gets no credit for that. Did I get that right?

He's just making sh*t up anyway. I would love to see any link stating Belichick was willing to replace Brady with Bledsoe (who just signed a 10 year 103M contract) PRIOR to the injury.

You can't have it both ways. Coaches only get credit for what they got out of a player when it fits your agenda? Give me a break. Warner was considered a washed-up old has-been when he arrived in Arizona. The end of his time in St. Louis was a mess and he was beat out by Marc freakin' Bulger. He then went to NY, did little to nothing for a handful of games and despite it still being early in the season and them having a shot at the playoffs, he was benched for Eli, who was awful in his rookie year. He then spent his first two years in Arizona mostly on the bench behind Matt Leinart before Haley showed up. Yet Haley gets no credit for taking that same guy and getting him back to the level he hadn't played at in nearly 6 years (which will probably earn Warner a HOF induction) on their way to the Super Bowl?

Of course, none of this is to say he'll do the same for Sanchez's career (that is very likely impossible) or anything else about what he'll do with the Jets (assuming he's hired) for that matter, but trying to completely dismiss everything he's ever done as a coach is completely baseless.

He used Walsh I added Belicheck, I'm not asking for both ways, I simply rebutted his example Walsh (I added Beli) vs Haley it's no contest.

Who did Kurt Warner have talent wise in NY? Or even the end of his Rams career, (with the book out on how to stop Martz's offense, which he still has yet to adjust to) and who is to say Haley isn't the reason Leinart sucks, by forcing his system on a QB who does not have the skill set to run, Samchez and Leinart thrived in the same exact college system, one could say Haley would be no good for Mark Sanchez, and using that situation as to why one believes this, and you couldn't dismiss that evidence, you could disagree with it, but not call it hogwash and try to completely dismiss it. Haley will try to put a square peg in a round hole once again, and probably fail, hopefully Tanny finds our version of Kurt Warner to replace him with, but I doubt it, and would predict Sanchez is here when Haley is gone (if hired of course).

And this was after Belichick had just given Bledsoe a $100 million contract in the offseason. So, yeah, Belichick was desperate to bench his $100 million man in favor of the 6th rounder.

He used Walsh I added Belicheck, I'm not asking for both ways, I simply rebutted his example Walsh (I added Beli) vs Haley it's no contest.

Who did Kurt Warner have talent wise in NY? Or even the end of his Rams career, (with the book out on how to stop Martz's offense, which he still has yet to adjust to) and who is to say Haley isn't the reason Leinart sucks, by forcing his system on a QB who does not have the skill set to run, Samchez and Leinart thrived in the same exact college system, one could say Haley would be no good for Mark Sanchez, and using that situation as to why one believes this, and you couldn't dismiss that evidence, you could disagree with it, but not call it hogwash and try to completely dismiss it. Haley will try to put a square peg in a round hole once again, and probably fail, hopefully Tanny finds our version of Kurt Warner to replace him with, but I doubt it, and would predict Sanchez is here when Haley is gone (if hired of course).

Hmm so no way Haley and Sanchez will work b/c Haley and Leinart wouldn't work and like, Sanchez and Leinart both played at USC? lulz

http://www.youthink.com/quiz.cfm?action=go_detail&sub_action=take&obj_id=537

Put the water pistol down slowly son. He was signed to a then, record setting 10 year $103M deal prior to that 01' season starting.

Exactly why I stated if it wasn't for the Lewis hit, it would have been a risk your job on descision, do you actually think Beli wouldn't have made this decision eventually, there were reports for weeks that he wanted to do this, and did not like Bledsoe at all. He would have sold that trade to Kraft either way to Buffalo that offseason, Beli did not like Bledsoe he wanted his own guy not Parcells'. It's the same reason why he left the Jets to get out of Parcells shadow,

Exactly why I stated if it wasn't for the Lewis hit, it would have been a risk your job on descision, do you actually think Beli wouldn't have made this decision eventually, there were reports for weeks that he wanted to do this, and did not like Bledsoe at all. He would have sold that trade to Kraft either way to Buffalo that offseason, Beli did not like Bledsoe he wanted his own guy not Parcells'. It's the same reason why he left the Jets to get out of Parcells shadow,

I'm dumbfounded.

If I just say you win will that suffice?

They did not bench Lienart FYI, he broke his collar bone the previous year and Warner seized the opportunity and WHISENHUNT the HC not Haley never gave the job back to Leinart.

And on Bledsoe it was week 2, and the Pats were considered out of the playoff hunt that year at 1-3, so Brady still could have been inserted at 1-3, or even at 3-4 for that matter and still made there run. But we will never know cause it didn't work out that way, and yes there were REAL rumors about this.

And this was after Belichick had just given Bledsoe a $100 million contract in the offseason. So, yeah, Belichick was desperate to bench his $100 million man in favor of the 6th rounder.

I don't think Lupz realizes Belichick was there in 2000...as in, he was part of the FO that gave Bledsoe the money. But what does sense have anything to do with it.

They did not bench Lienart FYI, he broke his collar bone the previous year and Warner seized the opportunity and WHISENHUNT the HC not Haley never gave the job back to Leinart.

The year you're talking about is 2007, which I hate to tell you was Haley's first year in Arizona. Leinart started the first three games of 2007 before getting pulled for Warner in that third game. The same thing happened the following week and it was only after Leinart went back in that he got hurt. Just moments ago you explained why Belichick still gets credit for the switch to Brady despite it being forced by injury, and yet there is far more evidence to suggest Leinart was getting benched for Warner (considering it actually happened) than there is to say Bledsoe would have been for Brady.

Again, you're simply proving your criteria varies from person to person and team to team just in order to fit your agenda. Of course none of this means a damn thing about what he will or won't do with the Jets, but it certainly shows how desperate you are to try to prove that he's destined for failure based on absolutely nothing but saying he doesn't get credit for any of his own past success.

I don't think Lupz realizes Belichick was there in 2000...as in, he was part of the FO that gave Bledsoe the money. But what does sense have anything to do with it.

Yea I do realize that, but they made that descision before Brady showed up a completely different QB physically, and mentally his 2nd year (some say he took PED's that offseason, and there is proof connecting him to the Balco guy that offseason) and Beli thought Brady might give him the best chance to win during and after training camp, it wasn't his money what the he'll did he care, all he cared about was winning.

The year you're talking about is 2007, which I hate to tell you was Haley's first year in Arizona. Leinart started the first three games of 2007 before getting pulled for Warner in that third game. The same thing happened the following week and it was only after Leinart went back in that he got hurt. Just moments ago you explained why Belichick still gets credit for the switch to Brady despite it being forced by injury, and yet there is far more evidence to suggest Leinart was getting benched for Warner (considering it actually happened) than there is to say Bledsoe would have been for Brady.

Again, you're simply proving your criteria varies from person to person and team to team just in order to fit your agenda. Of course none of this means a damn thing about what he will or won't do with the Jets, but it certainly shows how desperate you are to try to prove that he's destined for failure based on absolutely nothing but saying he doesn't get credit for any of his own past success.

Leinart started all 5 games, and yes Warner would have gotten the opportunity at some point to start, but that's more on Whisenhunt, the HC realizing Leinart was bad and screw it let's see what Warner can do. Warner was already inserted at times in certain situations, also fwiw I just read the Cards named Leinart the starter prior to the 08 season, but sucked so bad that preseason that they changed their mind and named Warner as replacement after week 3 preseason.

The whole point is Haley does not have a body of work to say he is the awesome, where as Walsh, and Beli did, that is where this conversation originated in me answering a question comparing Walsh getting credit for Montana Rice ext..... To Haley being dismissed by me not getting credit for Warner, Fitzgerald, and Boldin.

Archived