Todd Haley Meeting with Jets on Thursday

BroadwayJ667

I really wonder who the Jets bring in as QB competition. Sanchez has never had to earn his job so it'd be nice if for once he actually did.

Also I don't see how you can shift to being a run-oriented team and yet not use high draft picks on the o-line or a runner. Seems like forever since the Jets spent a first rounder on a non-QB skill position.

Manning is my hope, but thats not a competition, I think it'll be Jason Campbell or they'll see what Kc is planning with Orton and Cassel

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only because I like you bud!

:)

I have to change my sig now dammit . Such a hard decision with all these changes down the road.

@Crusher

On the Santonio front if Sanchez is such a horrible QB of course the rest of the league must recognize this fact and realize how great Holmes is, so all those so called teams knocking down his door to sign him when he gave us a BIG (LOL) HOMETOWN DISCOUNT should still be there to scoop him up at a discount rate right crush ?

It also tells me that Rex Ryan is way over his head and that the front office knows it. I've never SEEN a head coach so detached from what is happening on the other two phases of the game, and his team. Rex knows defense and needs essentially assistant head coaches to run the offense and special teams...Rex is sliding out onto thin ice and he's a fat focker and it won't take much longer for him to crash through into the icy waters...I keep thinking of that scene from Apocalypto when the kid is on top of that pyramid and about top have his head lopped off and bounced down the steps...Rex better hope that a miracle happens like that eclipse happened for that native guy and saves him...in the Jets and Rex's case that eclipse might just have to be Peyton Manning wearing the number 18 on the front and back of a Jets uniform

Did you ever watch Herm coach?

I really wonder who the Jets bring in as QB competition. Sanchez has never had to earn his job so it'd be nice if for once he actually did.

Also I don't see how you can shift to being a run-oriented team and yet not use high draft picks on the o-line or a runner. Seems like forever since the Jets spent a first rounder on a non-QB skill position.

Yeah, Sanchez definitely needs to earn his job this year, with a real competition, in other words, not Kellen Clemens. If Haley ends up coming here, it would be interesting how things work out. As much as I wouldn't exactly love this idea, there were rumors around the time of Cassel's injury that KC might dump him in the offseason and if so, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Jets at least take a look at him. The same might also true hold for (ugh) Henne. Hopefully they can come up with better options than either of those clowns, but given their familiarity, it's certainly possible.

As far as the not using high picks on the OL, I can kind of understand that. They've already invested two in their current OL, and you're not going to make that kind of investment at guard, which the Jets have a couple of decent options between a former UDFA and 6th rounder. The real issue is RT which I think the Jets would be much better served with a veteran FA anyway. As far as RB, that's a completely different story and I can agree with you there. If the Jets want to be so run focused, a difference-maker at that position could be a huge boost to the offense, and as much as they keep trying every year, they're not finding that guy in rounds 3-5.

Did you ever watch Herm coach?

I never got that sense from Herm-now I thought he was gutless and perfected the idea of playing not to lose but other than not knowing how to handle the play clock, I at least saw him as being involved with who was IN the game. and ON the field. I didn't always agree with Herm's way, especially the never giving young players a shot part but I mean come ON, Rex didn't even KNOW that his star receiver was benched by the OC and sent in from Patrick Turner who said it was Ellard who told him to get him.

Love the idea of adding Sparano and Haley, and surrounding Rex with HC experienced coordinators... should help Rex not lose the handle on this team again.

Also love the idea of what those two guys will do for the offense, with the obvious compliment of some roster turnover.

@Bleedin Green: as far as the running game goes i want a faster and better #1 back than the slow, overweight back who looks like a school bus turning a corner and loses his helmet 50% of the time...I have never seen so many 1st down runs for one yard on such predictable playcalling that our wives can sit there and tell us what is going to happen. I want to see Matthew Mulligan asking somebody on YouTube if they want to super size that order next season and NEVER AGAIN have a flag thrown that absolutely kills a Jets drive again...

Yeah, Sanchez definitely needs to earn his job this year, with a real competition, in other words, not Kellen Clemens. If Haley ends up coming here, it would be interesting how things work out. As much as I wouldn't exactly love this idea, there were rumors around the time of Cassel's injury that KC might dump him in the offseason and if so, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Jets at least take a look at him. The same might also true hold for (ugh) Henne. Hopefully they can come up with better options than either of those clowns, but given their familiarity, it's certainly possible.

As far as the not using high picks on the OL, I can kind of understand that. They've already invested two in their current OL, and you're not going to make that kind of investment at guard, which the Jets have a couple of decent options between a former UDFA and 6th rounder. The real issue is RT which I think the Jets would be much better served with a veteran FA anyway. As far as RB, that's a completely different story and I can agree with you there. If the Jets want to be so run focused, a difference-maker at that position could be a huge boost to the offense, and as much as they keep trying every year, they're not finding that guy in rounds 3-5.

A guy like Matt Forte (not even sure if this is possible) gives them a Double threat at RB and we would not have to run him into the ground with SG here to take a few carries and run short yardage. Getting him and adding a deep threat would certainly go a long way into opening up this offense. A RT is a must as well. So we can then draft a Safety and Some LB's in the upcomming draft .

I say we fix the offense through free agency and draft young on defense to gain more speed that we lack in a big time way and let Rex coach em up.

A guy like Matt Forte (not even sure if this is possible) gives them a Double threat at RB and we would not have to run him into the ground with SG here to take a few carries and run short yardage. Getting him and adding a deep threat would certainly go a long way into opening up this offense. A RT is a must as well. So we can then draft a Safety and Some LB's in the upcomming draft .

I say we fix the offense through free agency and draft young on defense to gain more speed that we lack in a big time way and let Rex coach em up.

Meh, I don't like the idea of going with a RB in FA. The shelf-life of RBs is so short and far more often than not, when a RB is due for a big contract the team is very unlikely to get their return on investment. if they want a big-time RB, they need to go find him in the draft.

Meh, I don't like the idea of going with a RB in FA. The shelf-life of RBs is so short and far more often than not, when a RB is due for a big contract the team is very unlikely to get their return on investment. if they want a big-time RB, they need to go find him in the draft.

And thats exactly what worries me has Tanny even sniffed a good RB in the draft ? Forte is only 26

And thats exactly what worries me has Tanny even sniffed a good RB in the draft ? Forte is only 26

Well they also haven't drafted a RB higher than round 3 since LaMont Jordan in 2001. Forte is just going to cost a lot of money and at this point, it's a rare thing for RBs to even make it to 30 anymore without a serious decline in play. The fact that he's coming off an injury doesn't help matters either.

Well they also haven't drafted a RB higher than round 3 since LaMont Jordan in 2001. Forte is just going to cost a lot of money and at this point, it's a rare thing for RBs to even make it to 30 anymore without a serious decline in play. The fact that he's coming off an injury doesn't help matters either.

I see your point BG but we have to fill some holes in FA and Forte is a known stud on offense. So if we spend a pick on a RB or even move up to get a RB do we know any available ? We are NEVER the guys who get a player like Arian Foster who was labeled as slow

Offensive benefits side, Haley & Sparano will do as just much to compensate for Rex's deficiencies as a head coach and manager. Rather than worry about "too many cooks in the kitchen", I do not think you can have enough strong personalities around. Regarding Holmes, this complete house cleaning and the guys they are bringing in will whip his pussy a$$ into shape -- punks like him only get away with what you let them get away with. They are stuck with his contract, so he will be beaten like a rented mule until he shuts up and does his job. Otherwise, he is likely to find himself in several Hefty bags, distributed in various parts of the Hackensack Swamp -- figuratively speaking, of course. ;)

I am for the move of bringing in the Haley/Sporano duo to whip this offense into shape. I dont think either one of these guys will take isht from any of the players on the O side of the ball just like Rex wouldnt take isht from the defensive side of the ball.

My one worry is the excuses of "this is his first year in this offense" excuses. Seems to be the crutch that all failing teams fall on after a big change like this.

I do think Tone reached his breaking point last year. Every man has a breaking point some are farther down the line than others. If he is broken he cant be fixed by the jets imo. Maybe with 2 new coordinators, it is a possibility but most likely, take what you can get if we have to pay someone and take a small hit, do it I say. Someone should have taught Tone when he was younger that hard work never hurt anyone. No matter how bad things are, if you but your head down and work hard, good things would eventually happen. That is what I believe anyway...

Offensive benefits side, Haley & Sparano will do as just much to compensate for Rex's deficiencies as a head coach and manager. Rather than worry about "too many cooks in the kitchen", I do not think you can have enough strong personalities around. Regarding Holmes, this complete house cleaning and the guys they are bringing in will whip his pussy a$$ into shape -- punks like him only get away with what you let them get away with. They are stuck with his contract, so he will be beaten like a rented mule until he shuts up and does his job. Otherwise, he is likely to find himself in several Hefty bags, distributed in various parts of the Hackensack Swamp -- figuratively speaking, of course. ;)

also, what do you make of the reports about Sanchez and his crappy work ethic? I'll tell you guys this; if Santonio Holmes tried pulling the crap he was doing and Tom Brady was the QB? Wow we'd be watching him get his a$$ chewed out all night and day on ESPN and the NFLN-Sanchez just sat alone on the bench comfortable and seemingly without a care in the world WATCHING while the Jets season was circling away in a Crusher-like day after a holiday feast crap loaded toilet bowl....(sorry Big Sally-it was right there, I had to swing )

also, what do you make of the reports about Sanchez and his crappy work ethic? I'll tell you guys this; if Santonio Holmes tried pulling the crap he was doing and Tom Brady was the QB? Wow we'd be watching him get his a$$ chewed out all night and day on ESPN and the NFLN-Sanchez just sat alone on the bench comfortable and seemingly without a care in the world WATCHING while the Jets season was circling away in a Crusher-like day after a holiday feast crap loaded toilet bowl....(sorry Big Sally-it was right there, I had to swing )

lmfao at Big Sally..

As the Jets bring in Bill Parcells guy after Bill Parcells guy Rex might be a little worried. I think Woody is in love with Rex but still.

Jet Nation is batting their eye lashes at you Bill. LOL

Very likely they are preparing for any eventuality. Should Rex continue to be a great guy and press conference impresario, but inept at the duties required of an NFL head coach, at least there are some key pieces in place for a smooth succession. 2012 will be as much of a make or break year for Rex as it is for Sanchez.

It also tells me that Rex Ryan is way over his head and that the front office knows it. I've never SEEN a head coach so detached from what is happening on the other two phases of the game, and his team. Rex knows defense and needs essentially assistant head coaches to run the offense and special teams...Rex is sliding out onto thin ice and he's a fat focker and it won't take much longer for him to crash through into the icy waters...I keep thinking of that scene from Apocalypto when the kid is on top of that pyramid and about top have his head lopped off and bounced down the steps...Rex better hope that a miracle happens like that eclipse happened for that native guy and saves him...in the Jets and Rex's case that eclipse might just have to be Peyton Manning wearing the number 18 on the front and back of a Jets uniform

I 100% agree with this, and this signing is what turned me over to this, I was really pro Ryan up until last night, I would love to have him coach our defense till he dies, but now his incompetence as HC is clear, needing 4 HC's, is ridiculous, I count Westhoff as one to.

Why trade up to draft Sanchez if you never intended to have a passing offense. We could have won a SB with a game manager and the players we would have drafted instead. It doesn't add up, and shows incompetence.

I 100% agree with this, and this signing is what turned me over to this, I was really pro Ryan up until last night, I would love to have him coach our defense till he dies, but now his incompetence as HC is clear, needing 4 HC's, is ridiculous, I count Westhoff as one to.

Why trade up to draft Sanchez if you never intended to have a passing offense. We could have won a SB with a game manager and the players we would have drafted instead. It doesn't add up, and shows incompetence.

Wow, some of you guys are the worst. The Jets could be fortunate enough to have both Haley and Sparano together, both whom could find stand alone OC jobs themselves if they wanted, PLUS we just rid ourselves of Schitfest, and yet this. It's too bad.

Ex-Chiefs coach Todd Haley is reportedly meeting with the Jets on Wednesday.

It looks like last week's reports of Haley and ex-Dolphins coach Tony Sparano joining forces could come to fruition with the Jets. Spranano would be offensive coordinator in charge of the running game while Haley would take over as passing game coordinator and assistant head coach. Haley spent six seasons with the Jets under Bill Parcells early in his coaching career.

I hope this happens....GO JETS

Sparano and Haley will whip these malcontents on offense into shape. The days of Schottys playhouse are over.

Both of these guys are high energy types whoa re not going to sit back and wait for a bunch of crybabies to get it right. they both want to be HCs again. That is a good thing. The lackadasical crap of the QB, who ever he is, lounging on the bench between series is over.

Really excited about this. They say Woody Johnson is not around, he is doing things on the political trail apparently, so that means he isn't around to screw it up. :) Leave the check book open Woodrow, Tanny will let you know how much these coaches cost. They don't count against the cap so zip it and let them get this done!

Archived