Here for breakfast - crow and eggs

PatriotReign37

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welkah and Brady blew it... The defense played well..

Brady's overall standing takes a huge hit with this one, he wasn't pressured like the last SB, he just played bad..

Yeah the hell with giving the Giants defense any credit. team loses its all about the QB its the only football you know

Yeah the hell with giving the Giants defense any credit. team loses its all about the QB its the only football you know

Go away, I clearly credited the Giants defense for the SB 42 bad performance in the post you quoted. Learn to read

Not having a healthy Gronk obviously hurt Brady to some extent, as did some key drops, but your saying he just played bad ? He was getting the ball to his playmakers at a pretty good rate, 16 in a row at one point . Im not sure WTf your watch when it comes to football

Not having a healthy Gronk obviously hurt Brady to some extent, as did some key drops, but your saying he just played bad ? He was getting the ball to his playmakers at a pretty good rate, 16 in a row at one point . Im not sure WTf your watch when it comes to football

Yes, of course. He had 2 great drives, then was bad the rest of the game, This is what Sanchez does and you lop it up, so not too surprised here.

Lets review:

The safety was a horrible decision, the type of thing Mark Sanchez does

In INT was a horrible decision and worse throw, he basically did the same thing last week. It was first down and they were in Giants territory with a chance to go up by 2 scores

The pass to welker was a poor throw, now, Welker should've caught it, but better placement on that pass makes that catch a lot easier

The next pass was behind Branch on third down and 11.. He connects on either of these two passes and the Pats win

Giants score, he gets the ball back with 57 seconds and 1 timeout. First play he throws it behind branch on what could've been 30+ yard play, setting them up for a potential game winner. Next pass Hernandez drops, but that was a 9 yard pass with 3 defenders around him, catching it would've been a worse fate tbh.

The guy had 2 great drives and then was incompetent the rest of the game. Not enough from a team that is only in that game because of him, they needed him to play better and he didn't

Yes, of course. He had 2 great drives, then was bad the rest of the game, This is what Sanchez does and you lop it up, so not too surprised here.

Lets review:

The safety was a horrible decision, the type of thing Mark Sanchez does

In INT was a horrible decision and worse throw, he basically did the same thing last week. It was first down and they were in Giants territory with a chance to go up by 2 scores

The pass to welker was a poor throw, now, Welker should've caught it, but better placement on that pass makes that catch a lot easier

The next pass was behind Branch on third down and 11.. He connects on either of these two passes and the Pats win

Giants score, he gets the ball back with 57 seconds and 1 timeout. First play he throws it behind branch on what could've been 30+ yard play, setting them up for a potential game winner. Next pass Hernandez drops, but that was a 9 yard pass with 3 defenders around him, catching it would've been a worse fate tbh.

The guy had 2 great drives and then was incompetent the rest of the game. Not enough from a team that is only in that game because of him, they needed him to play better and he didn't

Manning had 2 good drives as well but his defense got the stops when needeed NO ??

For what its worth our defense didnt get the stops in either AFCCG but thats what our team was apparently known for. Must be nice to ride hot defenses to SB wins something we have not seen since 69

Manning had 2 good drives as well but his defense got the stops when needeed NO ??

For what its worth our defense didnt get the stops in either AFCCG but thats what our team was apparebtly known for. Must be nice to ride hot defenses to SB wins something we have not seen since 69

In watching this game, the real difference between it and our playoff runs is, our offense went three and out so much more.

I'm starting to wonder about the stats on 3 and outs. Because, while both of these teams offenses were not impressive last night, I'm not sure they ever got the ball, and gave it right back. Weatherford had a great game, but he was never punting out of his endzone. Mesko really did either.

Beginning to wonder the true importance of at least getting a first down or two on each drive. The amount of pressure the Jets offense puts on their defense (even evidenced by the "don't screw it up" comment from the Steve Young article) might be the biggest problem with this team.

Bottom line, game was there to be won by the Pats, and they screwed it up. This was no elite effort by the Giants D. Pats left a ton of points on the field.

For what its worth our defense didnt get the stops in either AFCCG but thats what our team was apparently known for. Must be nice to ride hot defenses to SB wins something we have not seen since 69

His defense got stops due to Bradys ineptness...

And Eli had 4 scoring drives + didn't turn the ball over

In watching this game, the real difference between it and our playoff runs is, our offense went three and out so much more.

I'm starting to wonder about the stats on 3 and outs. Because, while both of these teams offenses were not impressive last night, I'm not sure they ever got the ball, and gave it right back. Weatherford had a great game, but he was never punting out of his endzone. Mesko really did either.

Beginning to wonder the true importance of at least getting a first down or two on each drive. The amount of pressure the Jets offense puts on their defense (even evidenced by the "don't screw it up" comment from the Steve Young article) might be the biggest problem with this team.

Bottom line, game was there to be won by the Pats, and they screwed it up. This was no elite effort by the Giants D. Pats left a ton of points on the field.

I think the bogus 3rd and a foot holding call changed the game ,Gints would have been up 12-3 or 16-3 at halftime, with all the holding being done by Pats OL U cant make that call.

Gints had 15 min more in TOP as well, better team won, Pats 1-1 vs teams with records over 500 and should have been 0-2 (evans cough)

you are 100 % correct 3 and outs kill defenses but a 17-6 lead the Jets had was lost due to conservative play calling by the Jets coaching staf while Sanchez seemed to be on that game. We should have attacked and we didnt. The lack of faith in the Young QB has been going on all three years with some points mixed in where the Jets coaches thought they would just turn it on after making it clear they had no trust. I think they ruined this kid to be honest

As for yesterday when the Pats seemed to be taking over the game they should have run the ball more with Ellis i think that would have really hurt the Giants . Belichick is not immune to bad strategy.

you are 100 % correct 3 and outs kill defenses but a 17-6 lead the Jets had was lost due to conservative play calling by the Jets coaching staf while Sanchez seemed to be on that game. We should have attacked and we didnt. The lack of faith in the Young QB has been going on all three years with some points mixed in where the Jets coaches thought they would just turn it on after making it clear they had no trust. I think they ruined this kid to be honest

As for yesterday when the Pats seemed to be taking over the game they should have run the ball more with Ellis i think that would have really hurt the Giants . Belichick is not immune to bad strategy.

That half of football aside (if we want to concede it), Sanchez has never really rewarded them for their faith. So, I'm not sure why you'd just give him the reigns. We've seen what's happened.

You think they ruined him because you always think that about QBs. Look at his college highlight reels. They're basically just a line-up of deep balls to wide open WRs. What you don't see is a lot of real NFL throws. You basically see Brett Ratliff in the preseason with more mobility. I think it's pretty obvious that not being very good ruined Mark Sanchez. His earliest games, which you've pointed to in the past weren't really as impressive as your memory makes them out to be. Look at the stats.

But, yeah, as for yesterday, yes, there were things that in hindsight Belichick could have done differently. In any game decided by a reasonable margin, you can point to what the coach could have done. Ultimately, the Pats bread and butter is the passing game. It's the ONLY reason they were in this game. It let them down last night. Gronk changes everything. And if Welker makes a difficult catch, but one he got both hands on, they win.

That half of football aside (if we want to concede it), Sanchez has never really rewarded them for their faith. So, I'm not sure why you'd just give him the reigns. We've seen what's happened.

You think they ruined him because you always think that about QBs. Look at his college highlight reels. They're basically just a line-up of deep balls to wide open WRs. What you don't see is a lot of real NFL throws. You basically see Brett Ratliff in the preseason with more mobility. I think it's pretty obvious that not being very good ruined Mark Sanchez. His earliest games, which you've pointed to in the past weren't really as impressive as your memory makes them out to be. Look at the stats.

But, yeah, as for yesterday, yes, there were things that in hindsight Belichick could have done differently. In any game decided by a reasonable margin, you can point to what the coach could have done. Ultimately, the Pats bread and butter is the passing game. It's the ONLY reason they were in this game. It let them down last night. Gronk changes everything. And if Welker makes a difficult catch, but one he got both hands on, they win.

EY the only reason I mention the first 3 games of sanchez careerr was because they were basicly mistake free and he had some very nice moments. None of us expected anything big out of him that early on but damn near all of us were impressed that he played soild and had a bright future ahead then we got smacked in the face with realityvs the Saints was it Sanchez fault or did we try to make him something he was not at that stage in his development ?

In the case of Ratliff he showed some nice promise in preseason. He was tall, showed nice pocket presence, had a big arm and could have very possibly worked into the lineup and developed into something nice. Sure there might have been growing pains but look how Brady a 7th rounder got his shot and was not really impressive at all his first season playing. Put Brady in Ratliffs place on our team and he probably never gets a shot either since we went and got Favre the next year. I did want to see Ratt get a shot but he never did. Very fine line in the NFL who gets a shot and who does not sometimes it takes an injury like Bledsoe so no telling how many solid players never even made NFL rosters..... Wayne Chrebet was hanging by a string UDFA and turned into one of the best Slot guys in the NFL his first 2 years on the Jets.

Welkah and Brady blew it... The defense played well..

Brady's overall standing takes a huge hit with this one, he wasn't pressured like the last SB, he just played bad..

I dont think Brady played bad. The INT was moronic...but at one point he broke the completion record for the SB. He was doing it but he curled up into a ball after that one tough hit. Sucked after that.

They just dont have anyone that can open up a game. With Gronk a shell of himself, that offense is ordinary. No special talent at WR. Nobody that can challenge a defense vertically. Welker is a hack, the one time he had to make a difficult catch he choked on the big stage of his life. Basically, if Gronk is healthy and Brady isnt on absolute fire...that offense is ordinary. They miss Moss (or a player like him). Their D was pretty damn good for the most part last night. Offense failed against a terrible Giants secondary when their DL wasnt creating pressure.

EY the only reason I mention the first 3 games of sanchez careerr was because they were basicly mistake free and he had some very nice moments. None of us expected anything big out of him that early on but damn near all of us were impressed that he played soild and had a bright future ahead then we got smacked in the face with realityvs the Saints was it Sanchez fault or did we try to make him something he was not at that stage in his development ?

In the case of Ratliff he showed some nice promise in preseason. He was tall, showed nice pocket presence, had a big arm and could have very possibly worked into the lineup and developed into something nice. Sure there might have been growing pains but look how Brady a 7th rounder got his shot and was not really impressive at all his first season playing. Put Brady in Ratliffs place on our team and he probably never gets a shot either since we went and got Favre the next year. I did want to see Ratt get a shot but he never did. Very fine line in the NFL who gets a shot and who does not sometimes it takes an injury like Bledsoe so no telling how many solid players never even made NFL rosters..... Wayne Chrebet was hanging by a string UDFA and turned into one of the best Slot guys in the NFL his first 2 years on the Jets.

I remember being pretty impressed with Sanchez the first game too... Despite what seemed like 3 or 4 dropped INTs by the Texans...................

As for Ratliff. Come on. If you want to make the argument that he got the short end of the stick with the Jets. Fine.

What about when he was with Cleveland, Jacksonville, New England, Cleveland again, Tennessee, or Tampa Bay?

All of these coaching staffs know less than you?

I dont think Brady played bad. The INT was moronic...but at one point he broke the completion record for the SB. He was doing it but he curled up into a ball after that one tough hit. Sucked after that.

They just dont have anyone that can open up a game. With Gronk a shell of himself, that offense is ordinary. No special talent at WR. Nobody that can challenge a defense vertically. Welker is a hack, the one time he had to make a difficult catch he choked on the big stage of his life. Basically, if Gronk is healthy and Brady isnt on absolute fire...that offense is ordinary. They miss Moss (or a player like him). Their D was pretty damn good for the most part last night. Offense failed against a terrible Giants secondary when their DL wasnt creating pressure.

The safety? The passes behind the receivers. He had 2 great drives, not enough when you're team is reliant on you scoring 20+

I don't think he played bad. But he didn't play to the level we expect him to.

They don't surround him with great talent at WR but their entire offense is designed to get that big stupid jabroni the ball. When the jabroni can't go, yes, the offense becomes ordinary.

Archived