Here for breakfast - crow and eggs

PatriotReign37

The safety? The passes behind the receivers. He had 2 great drives, not enough when you're team is reliant on you scoring 20+

EY put it better below...he wasnt Brady that we know...but it wasnt like he was stinking the place up either.

I don't think he played bad. But he didn't play to the level we expect him to.

They don't surround him with great talent at WR but their entire offense is designed to get that big stupid jabroni the ball. When the jabroni can't go, yes, the offense becomes ordinary.

Pretty much. It really does amaze me how effecient they are in the regular season because outside of the Broncos game - the Patriots offense has looked very ordinary in every single playoff appereance since 07.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember being pretty impressed with Sanchez the first game too... Despite what seemed like 3 or 4 dropped INTs by the Texans...................

As for Ratliff. Come on. If you want to make the argument that he got the short end of the stick with the Jets. Fine.

What about when he was with Cleveland, Jacksonville, New England, Cleveland again, Tennessee, or Tampa Bay?

All of these coaching staffs know less than you?

EY in all fairness to Ratliff he was in the Jets system a couple of years then got bounced around like a ping pong ball. At that point any chance was over for him. In cleveland he went to a different offensive coordinator and had 2 QB;s ahead of him that were 1. coming off a good year and the other highly drafted no way he was getting a shot. Im not saying the guy would have been great but we certainly will never know. I think he had that good preseason because he was in our system for a few years and had the luxery of working with the guys he was throwing too that year and was familiar with the system . I think the guy got a bum deal I also think when Favres arm was hanging by a thread if the jets would have poped him in for a game or two maybe that season changes giveing Favre some needed rest who knows

EY put it better below...he wasnt Brady that we know...but it wasnt like he was stinking the place up either.

Pretty much. It really does amaze me how effecient they are in the regular season because outside of the Broncos game - the Patriots offense has looked very ordinary in every single playoff appereance since 07.

If they dont call that BS holding call , gmen have 12-3 or 16-3 lead and have TOP in 1h with a 23 min to 7 advantage,

All of these coaching staffs know less than you?

Duh - this is Smashmouth you are debating with...the ultimate interwebz debater and future GM/HC in the NFL.

I'm wondering if it is facing better defenses or the fact that Brady is a gutless choke artist?

I think its a combo of facing better D's, Brady being a pansy and they dont have anyone on the outside that can challenge a defense. They dont have a game breaker...the best way to put this is to compare the 2 plays that IMO changed the game.

Welker - asked to make a somewhat difficult game breaker catch - chokes.

Manningham - asked to make an extremely difficult catch with essentially the game on the line - snags it.

JiF is actually making sense to me D:

<3

I think its a combo of facing better D's, Brady being a pansy and they dont have anyone on the outside that can challenge a defense. They dont have a game breaker...the best way to put this is to compare the 2 plays that IMO changed the game.

Welker - asked to make a somewhat difficult game breaker catch - chokes.

Manningham - asked to make an extremely difficult catch with essentially the game on the line - snags it.

Bingo. The Patriots' WR corps are really not good. I'd take Hicks, Manningham and Cruz before I get to a Patriot WR. That's got to be priority one for the Pats in the offseason.

What else can be said about the Welker drop, not a great pass, but a 4x All-Pro has to snag that ball. Just unacceptable.

Bingo. The Patriots' WR corps are really not good. I'd take Hicks, Manningham and Cruz before I get to a Patriot WR. That's got to be priority one for the Pats in the offseason.

What else can be said about the Welker drop, not a great pass, but a 4x All-Pro has to snag that ball. Just unacceptable.

Oh, absolutely, without question I'd take every single Giants WR over Welker.

He's an overrated system WR. Ask him to make a standard, everyday WR catch, he cant. Ask him to basically take hand offs...sure, he'll do it 100 times a season, have stupid numbers and everyone will scream ELITE!!!!

Really does make you wonder what will happen with his contract. I'm confident they can replace his production with tons of players.

Welkah and Brady blew it... The defense played well..

Brady's overall standing takes a huge hit with this one, he wasn't pressured like the last SB, he just played bad..

Yeah, I'm completely with you on this one. Granted, it's only the day after, but I can't believe how little heat Brady's gotten for it (compared to say, Welker), and the amount of people trying to excuse his performance away. He was completely unimpressive yesterday and did little to really help his team out. The truth is, as much as there's been plenty of other problems with those teams, for 7 years running he's had a major hand in every playoff loss they've had. Those "chuck and duck" plays on the safety and INT were the kind of crap you expect to see you out of a rookie, not a guy like Brady.

When you consider his safety and INT likely account for more than the margin of victory if the Pats get even just a FG that drive, it's tough to say he wasn't a major factor in that loss.

When you consider his safety and INT likely account for more than the margin of victory if the Pats get even just a FG that drive, it's tough to say he wasn't a major factor in that loss.

Meh, he wasnt awful either. Not a Brady like effort but the guy broke the record for consecutive completions in the SB and he had 3 drives over 60 yards, 1 a 96 yrd TD drive, the other a 76 yrd TD drive. Thats not bad considering they only had 83yrds rushing the Football.

Brady is the only reason they were there. Brady's trying to be considered the goat. He doesn't get graded on the Mark Sanchez inept QB scale, he gets graded on that scale.. In terms of what you'd expect from him, he clearly underperofrmed

EY in all fairness to Ratliff he was in the Jets system a couple of years then got bounced around like a ping pong ball. At that point any chance was over for him. In cleveland he went to a different offensive coordinator and had 2 QB;s ahead of him that were 1. coming off a good year and the other highly drafted no way he was getting a shot. Im not saying the guy would have been great but we certainly will never know. I think he had that good preseason because he was in our system for a few years and had the luxery of working with the guys he was throwing too that year and was familiar with the system . I think the guy got a bum deal I also think when Favres arm was hanging by a thread if the jets would have poped him in for a game or two maybe that season changes giveing Favre some needed rest who knows

Dude, 7 teams and not one gave him a shot. It's not a conspiracy. They see him practice every day.

Yes, of course. He had 2 great drives, then was bad the rest of the game, This is what Sanchez does and you lop it up, so not too surprised here.

Lets review:

The safety was a horrible decision, the type of thing Mark Sanchez does

In INT was a horrible decision and worse throw, he basically did the same thing last week. It was first down and they were in Giants territory with a chance to go up by 2 scores

The pass to welker was a poor throw, now, Welker should've caught it, but better placement on that pass makes that catch a lot easier

The next pass was behind Branch on third down and 11.. He connects on either of these two passes and the Pats win

Giants score, he gets the ball back with 57 seconds and 1 timeout. First play he throws it behind branch on what could've been 30+ yard play, setting them up for a potential game winner. Next pass Hernandez drops, but that was a 9 yard pass with 3 defenders around him, catching it would've been a worse fate tbh.

The guy had 2 great drives and then was incompetent the rest of the game. Not enough from a team that is only in that game because of him, they needed him to play better and he didn't

To be fair, I'm not sure Sanchez has done anything quite so boneheaded.

Yeah, I'm completely with you on this one. Granted, it's only the day after, but I can't believe how little heat Brady's gotten for it (compared to say, Welker), and the amount of people trying to excuse his performance away. He was completely unimpressive yesterday and did little to really help his team out. The truth is, as much as there's been plenty of other problems with those teams, for 7 years running he's had a major hand in every playoff loss they've had. Those "chuck and duck" plays on the safety and INT were the kind of crap you expect to see you out of a rookie, not a guy like Brady.

The issue is that people went so crazy for Brady in the days when they were not winning because of him in 2001 and 2003 giving him so much credit for the big FG drives and then he justified all of it in 2004 and went even beyond that from 2007 onward that it becomes difficult to do a complete turnaround and start to say that he isnt a great big time QB, which he has not been since 2004. So I think people give him a pass because it kind of goes against everything they have written about him for years. Maybe the story will eventually be that he is just out of his prime, but I think people find it hard to imagine that someone that was in the conversation for GOAT cant win another SB. I think its just the nature of the sport. I mean Montana won 2 and got bombed the next few years and was almost replaced by Steve Young before those last 2 made him a legend. Brady has good and bad days just like everyone else, but people are reluctant to bring that up. Hes a protected player. So are alot of other guys. But I think people will soon come to the realization that Brady (or anyone else for that matter) just cant carry a team by himself and the drafting that the Patriots have done these last few years has cost them championships. Their post 2004 run is defined by bad front office moves much in the same way the Ravens post 2000 run has been defined by poor QBs.

But I think people will soon come to the realization that Brady (or anyone else for that matter) just cant carry a team by himself and the drafting that the Patriots have done these last few years has cost them championships. Their post 2004 run is defined by bad front office moves much in the same way the Ravens post 2000 run has been defined by poor QBs.

Bill Belichick the GM really has done Bill Belichick the coach no favors.

Not having a healthy Gronk obviously hurt Brady to some extent, as did some key drops, but your saying he just played bad ? He was getting the ball to his playmakers at a pretty good rate, 16 in a row at one point . Im not sure WTf your watch when it comes to football

he was garbage

Nope. You actually have no idea.

You have no idea.

Getting all the way there and not winning is way worse than not going at all. If the Jets get there and lose youll understand. Spygate was a bunch of BS, but Brady and BB need to win another Championship just like the Yankees needed to after getting busted for roids.

Sure the Pats have won 3, but its not enough. Just like the NYY's 27.

Bill Belichick the GM really has done Bill Belichick the coach no favors.

Could not have said it better ! passed on matthews Watt Eldon Smith Brooks Reed Kerrigan.............and drafted a bunch of garb-------age

Lets hope he continues to draft down and relies on stiffs on def

Could not have said it better ! passed on matthews Watt Eldon Smith Brooks Reed Kerrigan.............and drafted a bunch of garb-------age

Lets hope he continues to draft down and relies on stiffs on def

Well now that putting 12-men on the field is looking to become the new fad, his 'quantity over quality' strategy might start paying off next year.

You have no idea.

Getting all the way there and not winning is way worse than not going at all. If the Jets get there and lose youll understand. Spygate was a bunch of BS, but Brady and BB need to win another Championship just like the Yankees needed to after getting busted for roids.

Sure the Pats have won 3, but its not enough. Just like the NYY's 27.

I'm a Yankee fan. I know what losing a championship feels like.

I love when Boston fans act like NY fans shouldn't know what it feels like to have a good team. Not for nothin, but we've lapped your a$$ in titles many times over my friend.

Well now that putting 12-men on the field is looking to become the new fad, his 'quantity over quality' strategy might start paying off next year.

Did you here what Mike Golic said the other day?

They would actually purposely have more players (12-15) on the field when they are trying to prevent a score late. It is works on all levels as long as they do not score. It is only a 5 yard penalty. The time does not go back on the clock.

Really?

Brady broke a SB record and was 27 out of 41 with all the drops. 3 dropped balls away from having 79% completions. On the safety, the WR ran the wrong route. That was a TD or huge gain.

what was longest pass brady completed 15 yds, pretty ez to norm snead 15 completions when most do not travel more than 8 yds

Eli throw some frozen ropes

I love when Boston fans act like NY fans shouldn't know what it feels like to have a good team. Not for nothin, but we've lapped your a$$ in titles many times over my friend.

Apples and Oranges.

MLB is slanted to the big markets to win year in and year out. TheSox have been a mess the last two years and still have won 90+ games each season. Yankees lose, yeah it sucks, but the field is stacked that they will more than likely be back the next season. They have missed the playoffs once in the last 17 years.

The NFL is designed for every team to be 8-8. The odds say the Patriots are going to be back, but short of the Colts, Browns, Bills and Phins and Jags, you can make an argument for the other 11 teams to make it. Then you have to deal with thebetter conference to win the title. They could be one and done next year in the playoffs (2009 and 2010). They could win 11 games and miss the playoffs (2008). THe Patriots have had the best record between 2008 and 2010, and did not have anything to show for it.

Plus, I think the single game final makes it that much more dramtic. CC has a bad game 1, he will comeback and redeem himself in at least Game 4. Anyone of Brady's mistakes are etched in history and cannot be erased by coming back in Game 2 of a series.

Apples and Oranges.

MLB is slanted to the big markets to win year in and year out. TheSox have been a mess the last two years and still have won 90+ games each season. Yankees lose, yeah it sucks, but the field is stacked that they will more than likely be back the next season. They have missed the playoffs once in the last 17 years.

The NFL is designed for every team to be 8-8. The odds say the Patriots are going to be back, but short of the Colts, Browns, Bills and Phins and Jags, you can make an argument for the other 11 teams to make it. Then you have to deal with thebetter conference to win the title. They could be one and done next year in the playoffs (2009 and 2010). They could win 11 games and miss the playoffs (2008). THe Patriots have had the best record between 2008 and 2010, and did not have anything to show for it.

Plus, I think the single game final makes it that much more dramtic. CC has a bad game 1, he will comeback and redeem himself in at least Game 4. Anyone of Brady's mistakes are etched in history and cannot be erased by coming back in Game 2 of a series.

Oh give me a ******* break.

Im not a Redsox fan and could care less about baseball. Once in a blue moon I go over to the bball forum.

The Yankkes can buy 50 championships for all I care.

Archived