Is this rock bottom as a franchise?

Matt39

Walking through NYC and seeing a Giants party for the second time in four years, while the Jets decided to treat a divisional game as their Super Bowl last season....I think this is probably the worst I've felt as a fan.

Could this year been any more embarrassing for the Jets?

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's face it Matt the Giants are a lucky team-the Jets are in a division that you have to win 11-12-134 games if you even want one friggin bye week-the Giants can win 9 games and win the division

The home game has become overrated though. Teams are winning Super Bowls on the road now.

With the awful way the season ended last year, to letting solid locker room guys walk, to the dysfunction that occured this year, losing to the Giants and then having the Giants win the entire thing. The Jets have never looked worse and that's including Kotite.

There were no expectations back then and the Giants were also terrible.

I think the second part of that sentence pretty much spells out your entire issue. It's become fairly clear you are WAAAAYY too hung up on what the Giants are doing (which is not to mention ridiculously overate them). There's no reason your opinion of the Jets should have anything to do with a team they play once every 4 years.

I think the second part of that sentence pretty much spells out your entire issue. It's become fairly clear you are WAAAAYY too hung up on what the Giants are doing (which is not to mention ridiculously overate them). There's no reason your opinion of the Jets should have anything to do with a team they play once every 4 years.

Dude, deny it all you want....but it's a huge issue and our coach was the one that started it. We picked a fight with them and it blew up in our faces and now the fans have to take the brunt of it.

The Giants have won 2 Super Bowls in 4 years and beat the team that's been kicking the living sh*t out of us for the past 10 years, twice. It's ******* embarrassing.

Yawn!!

The Giants got hot at the right time. They wer elucky they are in the division they are in. Redskins have been a non factor save one season this entire decade. Philly has always been the tease, and Cowboys have been mediocre baring a couple of seasons!

Heck the Giants even had a home game this year in the playoffs. We won 11 games last season and started the road warrioship right away!

Dude, deny it all you want....but it's a huge issue and our coach was the one that started it. We picked a fight with them and it blew up in our faces and now the fans have to take the brunt of it.

The Giants have won 2 Super Bowls in 4 years and beat the team that's been kicking the living sh*t out of us for the past 10 years, twice. It's ******* embarrassing.

It sucks when the Jets lose and is great when they win, everything else beyond that is just nonsense. My issue with the 2012 New York Jets has a hell of a lot more to do with their sh*tty QB, giant douchebag WR, and holes throughout the roster than anything that happened a month after they stopped playing their 2011 season. Was Giants / Pats pretty much the last possible Super Bowl I wanted to see? Of course, but that's nothing more than personal preference and it still doesn't mean a thing about this Jets team. The Cleveland Browns could have won the Super Bowl for all I care and it still wouldn't mean dick. In the end, until the Jets get back to the Super Bowl, the only thing that matters is how good or bad of a job they're doing in getting closer to there, and nothing the Giants or any other team does changes that.

We're an embarrassing franchise. Embrace it.

I do. Have for a long time. Which is why I could give a **** about the Giants or the Patriots for that matter. I'm pissed the Jets didnt win a SB. Could give a **** who did, the Jets didnt. Doesnt sting any more or less. Its meaningless to me. To each his own I guess.

Curious - are you a Mets fan?

Dude, deny it all you want....but it's a huge issue and our coach was the one that started it.

No, actually, it really isnt. lol

Yawn!!

The Giants got hot at the right time. They wer elucky they are in the division they are in. Redskins have been a non factor save one season this entire decade. Philly has always been the tease, and Cowboys have been mediocre baring a couple of seasons!

Heck the Giants even had a home game this year in the playoffs. We won 11 games last season and started the road warrioship right away!

Yep. And goes back to why I really dont care about what other teams do. Last season, the Jets win 11 games, and have to go on the road to face 3 SB winning QBs. This season, the likes of TJ Yates, Andy Dalton, Joe Flacco, Tim Tebow, a hobbled Big Ben.....and Brady stood in the way of an AFC Championship. Just the luck of the draw. The F'ing Giants played Alex Smith for christsake. lol

I do. Have for a long time. Which is why I could give a **** about the Giants or the Patriots for that matter. I'm pissed the Jets didnt win a SB. Could give a **** who did, the Jets didnt. Doesnt sting any more or less. Its meaningless to me. To each his own I guess.

No Im a Yankees fan. But, not to slight your fandom in any way...because you're obviously a die hard like we all are, but you don't live in NY. Your opinion would probably be a bit different if you were surrounded by Giants fans.

THEY BLEW WHAT UP IN OUR FACES?? THEY WERE BEING MAN HANDLED THE WHOLE GAME.... THE GIANTS GIOT VERY LUCKY.... THIS IS THE SAME TEAM THAT LOST 5 IN A ROW AND COULDNT BEAT THE REDSKINS AT HOME WITH EVERYTHING ON THE LINE...

1WES WELKER CATCHES THAT BALL GAME OVER!!

2ALEX SMITH DOESNT DO SOMETHING RIDICULOUS AND DRIVE THE TEAM WITH UNDER 2 MINS VS THE SAINTS AND THE GIANTS GOTO NEW ORLEANS AND AGAIN GAME OVER!! THEY LOSE TO THE SAINTS IN NEW ORLEANS..

3 TEDD GINN JR... GETS HURT AND HIS REPLACEMENT FUMBLES THE BALL TWICE...

4 ROB GRONLOWSKI GETS HURT IN THE RAVEN GAME SO HES NOT EVEN FULL STRENGTH FOR THE GAME..

5 FUMBLE THE BALL TWICE IN THE SUPERBOWL AND BOUNCES RIGHT BACK TO THEM...

THEY WERE VERY FORTUNATE..

AS FOR ELI BEING A ELITE QB NOW? SOOOOOOO WES WELKER CATCHES THAT BALL AND THE GIANTS LOSE... THEN ELI IS NOT AN ELITE QB? SO BASICALLY WES WELKER MADE ELI AN ELITE QB? BECAUSE IF HE CATCHES THAT THEN THE GIANTS LOSE...

GIANTS ARE NOT THAT MUCH BETTER THEN THE JETS..... PROBLEM WITH THE DEFENSE THIS YEAR WAS THE FACT THAT THEY WERE ON THE FIELD WAY TOO LONG.... AND WITH NO OFFENSE... WHAT DO THEY HAVE TO DO EVERY GAME? PITCH A SHUT OUT?

I KNOW YOU DONT WANT MANNING.... BUT WE WON 8 GAMES WITH SANCHEZ.... SO WHAT WOULD A HEALTHY MANNING BE IF HE WAS A JET THIS YEAR.. MAYBE 2 MORE GAMES WON? MAYBE 1 TO BE GENEROUS? WELL THEN WE WOULD BE 10-6 AND BE IN THE PLAYOFFS... SO THATS GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME...

AS FOR MANNING NOT BEING HEALTHY ENOUGH.... HES BEEN CLEARED... AND ACCORDING TO MORT.. THERE ARE LINEBACKERS WITH THE SAME INJURYS RIGHT NOW AND THEY ARE PLAYING FINE...SO ENOUGH!

No Im a Yankees fan. But, not to slight your fandom in any way...because you're obviously a die hard like we all are, but you don't live in NY. Your opinion would probably be a bit different if you were surrounded by Giants fans.

Ummm, I live in FL, everyone is from NY. You wouldnt believe how many Giants fans I know.

I guess when you grow up a Mets and Jets fan, things like this just dont bother you.

I live in NJ, work in Manhattan, am constantly surrounded by Giants fans and yet I still agree with JiF (go figure, right?). My feelings on the Jets is based on one thing... the Jets.

I live in NJ, work in Manhattan, am constantly surrounded by Giants fans and yet I still agree with JiF (go figure, right?). My feelings on the Jets is based on one thing... the Jets.

More power to you. But there really isnt any doubt the franchise looks like total clowns right now. The Giants winning is a much bigger hit to this franchise than the Patriots winning. All the momentum the Jets had of turning this franchise around was pretty much completely set back.

More power to you. But there really isnt any doubt the franchise looks like total clowns right now. The Giants winning is a much bigger hit to this franchise than the Patriots winning. All the momentum the Jets had of turning this franchise around was pretty much completely set back.

No, the hits to this franchise are: The Jets not winning the Super Bowl, not making the playoffs, having a garbage QB, an overrated a$$hole WR, a turnstile of a RT, the worst safeties in the NFL, and the list goes on. What any other team does is waaaaaay down the list of things that means sh*t about the current or future state of this team.

No, the hits to this franchise are: The Jets not winning the Super Bowl, not making the playoffs, having a garbage QB, an overrated a$$hole WR, a turnstile of a RT, the worst safeties in the NFL, and the list goes on. What any other team does is waaaaaay down the list of things that means sh*t about the current or future state of this team.

Our personnel is awful, I agree. But that kind of lends its way into the whole rock bottom thing. We've gone from up and coming contender to late night punchline. It sucks. And our front office and coach make the fans look like idiots.

We're an embarrassing franchise. Embrace it.

As a Grim Reaper type, I'd say we need some perspective. Leon Hess with Rich Kotite was as bad as it could have been because there was no future. Parcells, however, in his caprice, bailed Hess out for a time. But, the Kotite Era was bad.

I think what's scary now, and why the cloud is hovering over this franchise is that it's hard to trust Woody Johnson to steer the ship. He was a guy who loved Herm so much he essentially let Herm run the whole organization, and now he's in love with Tannenbaum. It remains to be seen if he has the savvy to make changes at the top to keep the team moving forward. Hell, who knows how long Herm would have lasted if he didn't weasel his way to KC.

IMO, we have to see what Woody does if the Jets miss the playoffs next year.

The difference is the Giants are a harder working and hungrier team. Last year in the divisional game the Jets shot their load vs the Patsies and had nothing left.

Look at the interview with Ellis. When he was asked what the biggest difference is between the Jets and Patsies, his reply was "The Patriots just work a lot harder" I believe that.

To be better the first step is to sweep the Patsies without shooting their load for the rest of the games.

To who? Who cares? How does this impact your life? How does this impact the Jets? How is any different than any other year?

The Giants winning the SB has no bearing the NY Jets. There isnt anything new about this. Its happened 4 times before in my life time. And they've been to 5. The Jets are still the Jets. They will wear Green and White and be a NY team sharing a stadium with the Giants and will play games on Sunday occassionally Monday or Thursday and maybe even Saturday.

You live in Florida, which gives you the luxury of tuning out the Giants-Pats suckfest going on up here.

Hell, knowing you as intimately as I do, you're probably wearing a Marino jersey as I type this.

Our personnel is awful, I agree. But that kind of lends its way into the whole rock bottom thing. We've gone from up and coming contender to late night punchline. It sucks. And our front office and coach make the fans look like idiots.

The point is the issues with this team would be no different if the Super Bowl was won by the Giants or by the Curtis Painter-led Colts. The Jets certainly have plenty of work to do but I still don't see any means in which an 8-8 season can be considered "rock bottom" compared to say, 1-15, outside just being so overly obsessed with the Giants that you take their success as a bigger slight than the Jets own failures.

The difference is the Giants are a harder working and hungrier team. Last year in the divisional game the Jets shot their load vs the Patsies and had nothing left.

Look at the interview with Ellis. When he was asked what the biggest difference is between the Jets and Patsies, his reply was "The Patriots just work a lot harder" I believe that.

To be better the first step is to sweep the Patsies without shooting their load for the rest of the games.

Did they work "a lot harder" in 2010 when the Jets beat them twice and whipped the snot out of them in their stadium during the playoffs?

Archived