Is this rock bottom as a franchise?

Matt39

It hurts a lot having the season we did. First we had an epic collapse. The end of the season was like giving the nerdy kid extra strikes in little league because they feel bad for him. We kept losing games we should have won and we still kept getting chances and we kept blowing them. It was pathetic. Then to top it all off the team we hate the most goes to the super bowl and plays the team we share a stadium with. That's a lose lose situation for Jets fans. I don't know about you guys but I had to take a lot of crap from Giant fans all playoffs long. But in times like these you have to remember that Giant fans are some of the worst in the NFL. When they occupy our stadium it sounds like the PGA tour. Very few fans are actually passionate. They all would rather watch baseball anyway. Giant fans just come out of the woodwork when they are in the playoffs. Right now we are taking second chair to them because they somehow pulled out a Super Bowl. We shouldn't feel bad for our franchise because we have the better fans. Talents come and go but good fans are for life. Our team isn't bad we just didn't have chemistry this year. When we finally win the Super Bowl we will have control of the city for a while because we've been waiting a long time for this which will make it that much sweeter. **** the Giants and their fans

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You live in Florida, which gives you the luxury of tuning out the Giants-Pats suckfest going on up here.

It's a give and take dude. The majority of your casual acquaintances don't keep tabs on who you're fans of and don't know that there's a divide between the fan bases. In the span of 48 hours I've been asked how excited I am about the Giants about 1,392 times. There's also the "you have a lot of Yankee hats in different colors" comments you get when the weather is warmer.

Walking through NYC and seeing a Giants party for the second time in four years, while the Jets decided to treat a divisional game as their Super Bowl last season....I think this is probably the worst I've felt as a fan.

Could this year been any more embarrassing for the Jets?

No, not really. This is rock bottom. The past 3 years have been the worst in franchise history... we're like the Lions before this year.

You live in Florida, which gives you the luxury of tuning out the Giants-Pats suckfest going on up here.

Hell, knowing you as intimately as I do, you're probably wearing a Marino jersey as I type this.

No, there is no tuning it out. I post here, everyday. I watch NFLN, everyday. I read about Football on many sites, everyday. I'll even watch ESPN sometimes...and guess what, they talk about the Patriots and the Giants.

Also, I dont think any of you can actually grasp how many people down here are from NY and the NE areas...its in my face. Trust me.

Did they work "a lot harder" in 2010 when the Jets beat them twice and whipped the snot out of them in their stadium during the playoffs?

But it also left the Jets with a empty tank. They had nothing left when they got to Pitt. Champions can beat a tough opponent then move right to the next game with the same intensity. The Jets also get the Sh*t kicked out of them by NE.

It's a give and take dude. The majority of your casual acquaintances don't keep tabs on who you're fans of and don't know that there's a divide between the fan bases. In the span of 48 hours I've been asked how excited I am about the Giants about 1,392 times. There's also the "you have a lot of Yankee hats in different colors" comments you get when the weather is warmer.

:D That would be painful, yes.

But it also left the Jets with a empty tank. They had nothing left when they got to Pitt. Champions can beat a tough opponent then move right to the next game with the same intensity. The Jets also get the Sh*t kicked out of them by NE.

Whatever, give me Tom Brady and I can make you believe suddenly the Jets are the hardest working team EVER!!!

Sorry, if anything, the Jets proved last year that they prepare as well if not better than anyone. No team completely shuts down 3 SB winning QB's on the road, in the playoffs. The Jets did.

Yeah, this has been a bit overlooked....but the Pittsburgh game pretty much summed up this organization to a T. No one celebrates almost championships like the NY Jets do. Maybe other than the Knicks.

Yeah, this has been a bit overlooked....but the Pittsburgh game pretty much summed up this organization to a T. No one celebrates almost championships like the NY Jets do. Maybe other than the Knicks.

If only if the franchise was like the Patriots... losing that game to... well, they lost it to US.

LOL

I'm not old enough to really remember the Kottite years but 4 wins in 2 years would seem worse, no?

The Giants winning it all doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would. The Pats schadenfreude is totally numbing that pain.

It all started with a fake spike.....

I'm not old enough to really remember the Kottite years but 4 wins in 2 years would seem worse, no?

Absurdly depressing. It's hard to determine which year of his was worse. He was our 3rd coach in 3 years at that point and you knew he had no shot either. Going into his 2nd we cut Boomer and signed O'Donnell, a few o-linemen, and drafted Keyshawn...****, those seasons sucked so much. I'll take some mild success with the Giants winning the SB any day over the Carroll/Kotite years. Jets were the actual joke back then that Shane likes to paint us as now, even though it's ridiculous.

Absurdly depressing. It's hard to determine which year of his was worse. He was our 3rd coach in 3 years at that point and you knew he had no shot either. Going into his 2nd we cut Boomer and signed O'Donnell, a few o-linemen, and drafted Keyshawn...****, those seasons sucked so much. I'll take some mild success with the Giants winning the SB any day over the Carroll/Kotite years. Jets were the actual joke back then that Shane likes to paint us as now, even though it's ridiculous.

The first analysis of the Jets that I remember was the extra features on Madden 98 for PC. It was John Madden being all "the Jets really suck, but Parcells gets teams to overachieve, which is good because they really, really suck."

The first analysis of the Jets that I remember was the extra features on Madden 98 for PC. It was John Madden being all "the Jets really suck, but Parcells gets teams to overachieve, which is good because they really, really suck."

I still remember going 4-2 his first year, it was like the Kite Runner shame of Coslet/Carroll/Kotite all of a sudden was being psychotherapy'd away. Fans who are too young to remember those years are the luckiest people on earth. The only thing that gave me joy as a kid was Al Toon.

1-15 after 3-13 was rock bottom

8-8 after two consecutive appearances in the Conference Championship game (something that never happened until 2010) is far from rock bottom. For those who became Jet fans when Parcells took over, I recommend reading a book on the history of the New York Titans/Jets to discover various rock bottoms far lower than that of 2011

the Titans bankruptcy and league takeover rock bottom

the Charlie Winner rock bottom

the Lou Holtz rock bottom

the Joe Walton rock bottom

the Bruce Coslet rock bottom

the Pete Carroll rock bottom

the Richie Kotite ROCK BOTTOMEST

even the Herm Edwards and Eric Mangini rock bottoms weren't even close to the above

Walking through NYC and seeing a Giants party for the second time in four years, while the Jets decided to treat a divisional game as their Super Bowl last season....I think this is probably the worst I've felt as a fan.

Could this year been any more embarrassing for the Jets?

This isnt rock bottom for the Jets at all. Divisions and conferences matter. Giants dont have to worry about playing the Pats twice a year minus the playoffs. They dont have to worry about the Steelers defense, The Colts (with Manning) Offense, the Ravens defense, on top of the fact that these are all playoff/elite caliber teams, meaning that if you make the playoffs YOU WILL face these teams. Outside of the Saints and the Packers (in which Rogers just became a sensation a year ago) who the hell is in the NFC that we can consider to be a dominate team? The Falcons? The 9ers? C'mon. The 49er's, though I respect and really liked what Alex Smith and that "D" did this year, won 13 games in a division that they share with the Cards, Seahawks and Rams. Imagine the Jets in that division. Though the Giants won the superbowl lucked up and only won 1 more game than we did on the season. They're fortunate to be in the NFC I'll tell you that. What would be considered mediocre AFC teams would be awesome in the NFC such as the Chargers, Texans, Jets, Bengals etc.

The Giants are a very good team in a fairly weak division in comparison to the AFC East and in a obviously weak conference in comparison to the AFC. You couldnt win 9 games and win the AFC East let alone make the playoffs from our division. A couple years ago the Pats won 11 games and missed the playoffs. Thats virtually unheard of in the NFC and that level of competition is what the Jets have been dealing with for the past 10 years. Im not complaining, its how the cookie crumbles. But for Jet fans to feel like this is rock bottom, Id give that to the Vikings first in respects to talent/team record.

We are the laughingstock right now but the season is over --

I feel very strongly that we bounce back in a big way next year - Lets put this sh*t behind us --

No they're really not. I never got that. They went 8-8. They're the second class team to the Giants but they're not a laughingstock IMO.

No they're really not. I never got that. They went 8-8. They're the second class team to the Giants but they're not a laughingstock IMO.

Yeah, Jets aren't a laughingstock except in some Jet fans' minds.

1-15 after 3-13 was rock bottom

8-8 after two consecutive appearances in the Conference Championship game (something that never happened until 2010) is far from rock bottom. For those who became Jet fans when Parcells took over, I recommend reading a book on the history of the New York Titans/Jets to discover various rock bottoms far lower than that of 2011

the Titans bankruptcy and league takeover rock bottom

the Charlie Winner rock bottom

the Lou Holtz rock bottom

the Joe Walton rock bottom

the Bruce Coslet rock bottom

the Pete Carroll rock bottom

the Richie Kotite ROCK BOTTOMEST

even the Herm Edwards and Eric Mangini rock bottoms weren't even close to the above

Cannot say this forcefully enough; Edwards was a disaster. He was bequeathed a team primed to dominate the AFC pre-Brady. And yet every year he effed it up like clockwork in ways great and small. Kotite, Carroll, Groh, Coslet and Mangini were all bad, but the talent wasn't there and in Mangini's case Tom Brady was. But wasted opportunity is far, far worse. Edwards pissed it away. And when you talk about running your mouth without backing it up and treating every victory as grounds for a Thanksgiving Day parade of self-celebration, Rex Ryan is a piker compared to Edwards. Ryan can actually coach; Edwards is still an idiot. How Woody Johnson hired him over Marvin Lewis and John Fox is a complete mystery.

I think the 2010 AFCCG was the low point for me: It's so hard to get to a championship game, let alone two in a row. 1000 things have to go right in your season for you to get to the playoffs even, not to mention win a game or two in the playoffs. When the Jets walked off Heinz Field losers last year, I was totally shocked because I thought there was no way they'd lose after whipping the Patriots.

Really depressing. It's entirely possible the 2010 AFC Divisional win will be the watershed moment in the Ryan Era.

Archived