Any chance for VJ?

lanightmare225

I'm a little tired of paying a premium for these guys through FA. Let's look at the Giants. All three of their WR's are not making big money and are far more impactful than anyone we have. More than $3 mil man Plax and $10 mil man holmes. Let's try drafting some guys and getting them in the mix. Why spend all that money on WR's when we are trying to be a ground and pound team. Let's spend our money on a RB and o line maybe

The jets cannot load up with FAs. This is what the Eagles did and look where it got them. They need your receivers, like Patrick Turner and build on them. Also, bring back Braylon.

The O line can be fixed by 2 FAs. The RB, can be internal with Joe McNight. Although how about a 2 back set with Peyton Hillis and Greene?

I'm a little tired of paying a premium for these guys through FA. Let's look at the Giants. All three of their WR's are not making big money and are far more impactful than anyone we have. More than $3 mil man Plax and $10 mil man holmes. Let's try drafting some guys and getting them in the mix. Why spend all that money on WR's when we are trying to be a ground and pound team. Let's spend our money on a RB and o line maybe

True dat.....that's why I like the patrick turner resigning.......him, kerley, holmes and possibly braylon edwards.....me likey...

do u think the Jets are smart enough to draft WRs though?

and TBH the Giants lucked out on Cruz being so amazing

Since Vincent Jackson is going to be a FA and plaxico almost for sure not coming back this could be a huge upgrade although he is probably trying to get paid and we don't have the cap room but Tanny is a cap genius. We have to do something to make the people around Sanchez better. Thoughts?

The Jets cap situation is the worst it's been in a long time, they have 13 players accounting for 91 million on the 2012 cap, which will be around 128 million for the Jets, adding the 2011 carry over. I wouldn't expect the Jets to be players in FA this season, role players here, and there, but no big moves. This year needs to be built from the draft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5o05TJ1_hrc

Sanchez couldn't make 1/3 of those throws the way he looked last year.

That said, I agree with the rest. I'd prefer Jarius Wright and Brian Quick and the 4th and 5th over going for a non-Blackmon WR early. Get a good OL, get a more stable running back maybe, and get some speed and depth in the pass catching group. Even if Sanchez sucks again hopefully a couple of those guys can stick around for Tyler Bray 2013 or 2014.

Yeah, lets keep pumping money into the WR position. That worked so well with Santonio. Look, until we fix the QB situation, it really doesn't matter who our WR's are. We could win with Patrick Turner if we got SOMEONE capable of playing the position behind center.

Our cap $$$ would be spent better elsewhere. Oh, and in the meantime, if Tannenbaum and our scouting department would like to find a diamond in the rough pass rusher/RT/ILB in the 4th round or later that'd be great.

do u think the Jets are smart enough to draft WRs though?

and TBH the Giants lucked out on Cruz being so amazing

Honestly I have no idea what we're smart enough to do. Sometimes I'm amazed at moves we put together and other times I want to puke. I think we are seeing that our QB needs to have some friggin stability in his life. It's time to draft him someone to develop along side of him. Not bring in a big mouth guy who is going to want big money and cry for the ball all day. We already have that position filled anytway. :D

I would love to see the Jets get a monster of a RB in here too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5o05TJ1_hrc

Sanchez couldn't make 1/3 of those throws the way he looked last year.

That said, I agree with the rest. I'd prefer Jarius Wright and Brian Quick and the 4th and 5th over going for a non-Blackmon WR early. Get a good OL, get a more stable running back maybe, and get some speed and depth in the pass catching group. Even if Sanchez sucks again hopefully a couple of those guys can stick around for Tyler Bray 2013 or 2014.

I thought about mentioning Sanchez being able to get the guys the ball, but he's here either way. Let's get him some guys that want to play. Some WR's that that give him the best chance to succeed. Some guys that block downfield so our running game is better and can take pressure off of him. Watching Plax downfield was painful. He had a couple of blocks this season but over all he sucked with that. It's a big deal to have Wr's blocking. It takes a 6 yd run and makes it 15. I would love to see the Jets get aggressive with O line aquisitions and nab Matt Forte (if he's healthy) in FA and go S, WR and OLB and then depth anywhere else in the draft.

Archived