What position should the Jets address with our 1st draft pick?

RyanBe_Tweetin

the New York Mick nails it

hopefully the best available player at number 16 is somebody who can send Bryan Thomas into well deserved retirement and with Wilkerson, Kenrick Ellis and Mayhem find quarterbacks in the backfield and dismember them

If that guy isn't there, fuggedaboud positions and take the best player

I am in perfect agreement with these posts. I am hopeful that Rex and his esteemed staff can identify the best available pass rushing talent.

If Richardson is at #16 and Cincy offers picks #17 and #21, a great deal, for pick #16 do you do it?

richardson will not fall that far down, and i dont see cincy offering that anyway..

but for debate purposes the jets should definitely take that offer if that were to happen

Yes, but is that a possiblity?

It is possible but that would be a lot for Cincy to give up maybe the Jets would have to throw like a 4th rounder or something in the deal but still would be worth it. If you actually use the points chart the Jets would have to give up a 2,3,and 4 to even it out but I'm sure the Jets would want a favorable deal to give Richardson up. Basically someone is going to have to overpay to get our pick if Richardson falls.

It is possible but that would be a lot for Cincy to give up maybe the Jets would have to throw like a 4th rounder or something in the deal but still would be worth it. If you actually use the points chart the Jets would have to give up a 2,3,and 4 to even it out but I'm sure the Jets would want a favorable deal to give Richardson up. Basically someone is going to have to overpay to get our pick if Richardson falls.

I see this is a very, very, very unlikely situation but if they turned it down then I'd be joining Tom in his quest to destroy Tannenbaum.

Speaking of Tom - WR is the #1 need? I see it as a position they go for cheap quantity at and hope Sanchez figures out how to work with not having another 1st round pick to throw to. He seemed to like Kerley. Jairus Wright + Brian Quick or somethin for the win.

My raw observations....do with them what you will . Safeties- This is a no-brainer. I dont want Little Eric, I dont want Brainless Brodney, will NOT accept a Nickel that never knows when to look back for the ball. That would be, "Where the hell is the ball, Wilson ??!!!!!! The middle of our defensive backfield was unwatchable!!! Leonard, Smith ,Poole, .....are you serious???? The holes are obvious. Sanchez Sucks!!!! Its time to get a Real QB, and stop playing the same guy! We get mad when we hear "Same Old Jets!!! Well ,Homies, can you really blame them for saying it, can you??? We keeep trotting out the Same-Old kind of QB!! Year-in, Year-out...different number, Same dude!!! With Vinney, we had a real shot at the Super Bowl, While he fell a little short, the prototypical QB is what we really need. Looking fwrd to draft. Im convinced. In order to have a realistic chance, You need a Big, Smart, Strong- armed QB, I finally agree with Collin Cowherd on something! !!! We are the laughing stock of the league.....it sucks As easy as pie...Sanchez is NOT THE ANSWER.....scrap this bum!!!! Our safeties are too little, slow, and not very bright!! Lose those guys...we will NEVER win with them!!!! If we neglect these obvious Gaffs, dont be mad when were the "Same Old Jets", yet again!!!!. It pisses me off cuz I Love em!!!!! ....................GO JETS !!!! :box:

I see this is a very, very, very unlikely situation but if they turned it down then I'd be joining Tom in his quest to destroy Tannenbaum.

Speaking of Tom - WR is the #1 need? I see it as a position they go for cheap quantity at and hope Sanchez figures out how to work with not having another 1st round pick to throw to. He seemed to like Kerley. Jairus Wright + Brian Quick or somethin for the win.

First, I'd like to point out that Sperm Edwards and sirlancemehlot are both much meaner to Tannenbaum than I am.

As far as prioritizing WR, if the goal this year is to get something out of Sanchez before he becomes a lost-cause zombie, then IMO the best way to do it is to get him some real weapons. Blackmon looks uniquely suited to do this because he looks like a Hakeem Nicks-type WR who can bully corners, dominate off the jam, and be effective in that 10-15 yard, middle of the field area that Holmes and Keller are absolutely terrified of. It'd be nice to get a real TE, too, while we're at it.

If Richardson is at #16 and Cincy offers picks #17 and #21, a great deal, for pick #16 do you do it?

If we had picks #17 and #21 would you want the Jets to trade both of them away to move up to #16 for Richardson? Turn it down and that's the trade you're making.

And there is zero chance it would happen anyway. If Cincy was willing to move those 2 picks for Richardson they'd have done it before it was the Jets turn.

My raw observations....do with them what you will . Safeties- This is a no-brainer. I dont want Little Eric, I dont want Brainless Brodney, will NOT accept a Nickel that never knows when to look back for the ball. That would be, "Where the hell is the ball, Wilson ??!!!!!! The middle of our defensive backfield was unwatchable!!! Leonard, Smith ,Poole, .....are you serious???? The holes are obvious. Sanchez Sucks!!!! Its time to get a Real QB, and stop playing the same guy! We get mad when we hear "Same Old Jets!!! Well ,Homies, can you really blame them for saying it, can you??? We keeep trotting out the Same-Old kind of QB!! Year-in, Year-out...different number, Same dude!!! With Vinney, we had a real shot at the Super Bowl, While he fell a little short, the prototypical QB is what we really need. Looking fwrd to draft. Im convinced. In order to have a realistic chance, You need a Big, Smart, Strong- armed QB, I finally agree with Collin Cowherd on something! !!! We are the laughing stock of the league.....it sucks As easy as pie...Sanchez is NOT THE ANSWER.....scrap this bum!!!! Our safeties are too little, slow, and not very bright!! Lose those guys...we will NEVER win with them!!!! If we neglect these obvious Gaffs, dont be mad when were the "Same Old Jets", yet again!!!!. It pisses me off cuz I Love em!!!!! ....................GO JETS !!!! :box:

pretty amazing that you mention Colin Cowturd because it sounds like this post could have been written by the King of SOJFs himself, Joe Benigno who spews his ignorance on the radio in the same timeslot as Cowturd

talking about what to do if Trent Richardson falls to 16 is like making investment plans for your future powerball winnings. It's probably not gonna happen.

Aaron Rodgers and Brady Quinn were also locks for the top 3 not in the #20 range. And that was at a more must-have-greatness position than RB. I don't know that he's the prospect Peterson was and he lasted to #7.

For a lot of first round picks, I think in the end it depends on how much a team with a high pick - or one with the ammunition to get a high pick - falls in love more than anything else. Sometimes an Aaron Rodgers unexpectedly drops to #24 and sometimes a Ted Ginn unexpectedly goes #9.

Aaron Rodgers and Brady Quinn were also locks for the top 3 not in the #20 range. And that was at a more must-have-greatness position than RB. I don't know that he's the prospect Peterson was and he lasted to #7.

For a lot of first round picks, I think in the end it depends on how much a team with a high pick - or one with the ammunition to get a high pick - falls in love more than anything else. Sometimes an Aaron Rodgers unexpectedly drops to #24 and sometimes a Ted Ginn unexpectedly goes #9.

ROTFFLMFAO

ok so to be clear, if TR is at 16 it's an easy pick for the Jets. Greene is on his last year of the contract. LT to retire. He'd sell a ton of jerseys. It would be a no brainer.

Archived