Greg McElroy will be back....

Integrity28

Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum confirmed that QB Greg McElroy will be back with the team this season.

McElroy's roster spot is safe after "angering" coach Rex Ryan with public comments about a "corrupt mindset" with "extremely selfish individuals" in the locker room. "He'll learn his lesson," said Tannenbaum. "I'm glad he’s on the team. We'll move forward with him."

The quote from Tanny says it all. "He'll learn his lesson?" Really?

McElroy opening his mouth forced the Jets front office and coach to be accountable for a sh*t show. He was the catalyst for something that NEEDED to happen.

The quote from Tanny says it all. "He'll learn his lesson?" Really?

McElroy opening his mouth forced the Jets front office and coach to be accountable for a sh*t show. He was the catalyst for something that NEEDED to happen.

What exactly was he the catalyst for? How are they suddenly accountable? The only thing that actually happened was some chirping in the press. Unless you think his comments caused them to dump Schottenheimer. Something tells me they'd have done that without Greg McElroy opening his mouth.

McElroy opening his mouth forced the Jets front office and coach to be accountable for a sh*t show.

the way the season ended you'd think the Jets went 2-14. It was 8-8, it happens. there are far worse sh*tshows in this league, the difference that Jets fans expect the world and cry louder when it doesn't show up.

the way the season ended you'd think the Jets went 2-14. It was 8-8, it happens. there are far worse sh*tshows in this league, the difference that Jets fans expect the world and cry louder when it doesn't show up.

yep

The Jets need another 1-15 to get this fan base back on track

Its pretty silly really. If our QB did implode at the end of the year, the would have been in the playoffs and won at least 1 game.

Or, we're all paranoid about yet another coaching regime showing early promise only to end up going down in flames like Herm and Mangini. Right now, there's not a sh*t-ton of evidence suggesting this current group is going in the right direction. sh*tty QB play, a fragile locker room with some high-maintenance players in it, and a new offensive system that looks like a concession to the lack of talent on that side of the ball.

Or, we're all paranoid about yet another coaching regime showing early promise only to end up going down in flames like Herm and Mangini. Right now, there's not a sh*t-ton of evidence suggesting this current group is going in the right direction. sh*tty QB play, a fragile locker room with some high-maintenance players in it, and a new offensive system that looks like a concession to the lack of talent on that side of the ball.

I'll bet you a case of beer that next season we're over .500 and win at least one post season game.

I really think things are going to be good next year and be right back on track to make the SB.

Good beer by the way not some dom lite crap

Find me a locker room that doesn't live up to expectations and I'll show you one that looks just like ours. Only difference is, our team and players are under 10 times the media coverage of anyone else. Your first sentence just perpetuates our snake-bitten attitude; all of us are so beaten down, that any time there is a sign of turmoil we are just constantly waiting for the other shoe to fall, so to speak. The only thing that can change the overall attitude Jets' fans, is a super bowl, that's it. Even then I have a feeling some will go the boston red sox "lifetime of bitterness" route, where the others will be able to die happy.

I'll bet you a case of beer that next season we're over .500 and win at least one post season game.

I really think things are going to be good next year and be right back on track to make the SB.

I'm with the Mick on this one ... except, I kinda like Natty Lite ...

What exactly was he the catalyst for? How are they suddenly accountable? The only thing that actually happened was some chirping in the press. Unless you think his comments caused them to dump Schottenheimer. Something tells me they'd have done that without Greg McElroy opening his mouth.

The fallout from McElroy's comments led to Rex finally getting shut up, and being held accountable for not being a head coach. Just a cheerleader who loves his own press clippings.

Ha! As much as I bash the Jets, I don't bet against them. Even the Super Bowl tattoo bet tore me up.

Besides, I think Rex + Rex's D + Specials will get this team eight wins every year. I just don't see an offense that can go out and get 28-35 points in those other games where the defense isn't playing well. Unless Sparano can turn the offense into the '90 Giants, and/or Mark Sanchez has an epiphany this summer, I just don't see how the team is markedly improved.

The fallout from McElroy's comments led to Rex finally getting shut up, and being held accountable for not being a head coach. Just a cheerleader who loves his own press clippings.

Yeah, it wasnt the exit interviews, LT running his pussy a$$ mouth on his way out or his start WR almost punching his QB in the face on the field of play...its McElroy's interview...All McElroy.

Yeah, it wasnt the exit interviews, LT running his pussy a$$ mouth on his way out or his start WR almost punching his QB in the face on the field of play...its McElroy's interview...All McElroy.

McElroy's comments were the most damning, IMO. Dude had nothing to gain and everything to lose by ripping the team, and yet the disgust he clearly felt compelled him to bag his employer.

McElroy's comments were the most damning, IMO. Dude had nothing to gain and everything to lose by ripping the team, and yet the disgust he clearly felt compelled him to bag his employer.

That's fine. He also said he would be better than Cam Newton. McElroy's a self-righteous loudmouth. Rex ate crow because the team collapsed and two of his players tried to fight one another. Opie's self-appointed role as team ombudsman had nothing to do with it.

They were damning, for sure. But I'm going to have to disagree with you here. I'd think a near fight on the field of play between your star WR and QB would be more damning.

That's fine. He also said he would be better than Cam Newton. McElroy's a self-righteous loudmouth. Rex ate crow because the team collapsed and two of his players tried to fight one another. Opie's self-appointed role as team ombudsman had nothing to do with it.

Oh sh*t. I was unaware he had a history of tool behavior. Better than Cam Newton? With that arm?

You should look up the word "catalyst".

Moron.

Sorry, mt. He started it. Dont know why he hasnt been banned yet. He's been banned every where else he posts.

I didn't start anything.... except this thread, and its a well-known fact that you were a moron long before this thread was started.

Archived