HAPPY FREE AGENCY DAY EVERYONE!

GREENBEAN

Good morning. I'm excited for today like I was for christmas as a kid. I hope the Jets are players in the FA market, but not the big name whores we've been in the past and chase guys like Mario Williams. Guys I would like to see are

Eric Winston- I wish they could just snatch him quickly, but he will want to test his value for a little while I'm sure.

Laron Landry- I think he can be had on the cheaper side of things and can be gotten tonight.

Oshiomongotoditus Atogwe- I think he is a cut due to the Skins $36 mil hit yesterday (we will see more). Injury concerns like Landry, but he can play. Either one or both would make me happy.

Jason Campbell- Alot of people believe the Sanchez contract will hinder us getting a solid backup. I disagree. Campbell is the guy I would prefer. Maybe Dan Connor from Carolina.

Jarrett Johnson- A little old for my tastes and what I would like to see the Jets do, but he is solid and knows the system. There would be a very smooth transition if he comes.

More O Line depth, Maybe another OLB.

Thoughts?

Happy happenings everyone

Can Mike T. work his magic and bring in Mario Williams, draft Barron and a RT to address their biggest needs? Sure hope so. As far as cap room, he may try to get guys to take modest salaries this season with the ability to give them a raise next year with Pace and Scott off the books. Should be a fun few weeks!

I don't expect the Jets to be very active today. the guys they are likely targeting are not included in the top 50 FA lists. They are bargain basement shopping, JMO. they will make some moves later in the week, mid range guys. I doubt they sign anyone higher profile than Pouha.

I don't expect the Jets to be very active today. the guys they are likely targeting are not included in the top 50 FA lists. They are bargain basement shopping, JMO. they will make some moves later in the week, mid range guys. I doubt they sign anyone higher profile than Pouha.

Whoever they sign will be half beast, half bust...depending on who you ask.

I can't wait.

Winston would be a coup. Would make guaranteeing Hunters salary a little dumb, but I suspect his contract is right in line with what "the best backup tackle in the league" should get.

Getting Winston would be an incredible move. Dealing with the Hunter situation can happen later. It's a move you make, if you have the opportunity, every day of the week IMO.

I am also hoping we see the return of Braylon Edwards as well.

Eric Winston was cut therefore they don't need to wait until 4pm. He's a street free agent right now.

i hope they're already working on that one. It would be delicious to announce that signing today. i feel he will explore all options though and will not sign anywhere any time soon.

i hope they're already working on that one.

I dont want to rain on the parade but he is a zone scheme guy with shorter than ideal arms. The Jets have tended towards bigger guys (Slauson, Vlad, even Hunter) and maybe that will change with Callahan --> Sparano. But It's not really ground and pound to sign Eric Winston. He's tall but kind of a finesse guy.

I dont want to rain on the parade but he is a zone scheme guy with shorter than ideal arms. The Jets have tended towards bigger guys (Slauson, Vlad, even Hunter) and maybe that will change with Callahan --> Sparano. But It's not really ground and pound to sign Eric Winston.

If you can play you can play. I could careless how long his arms are he's a hell of a lot better SVH. Sign the man

I dont want to rain on the parade but he is a zone scheme guy with shorter than ideal arms. The Jets have tended towards bigger guys (Slauson, Vlad, even Hunter) and maybe that will change with Callahan --> Sparano. But It's not really ground and pound to sign Eric Winston.

Our line comes from 5 straight years of a zone blocking scheme and although there will be changes with the new power blocking scheme, I can't see an entire philosophy change coming with Sparano. Too much learning curve IMO. Winston is a young talented RT. he will fit in fine here. Foster didn't have much of a problem with him being on the o line.... not that have foster on the jets. :D

Our line comes from 5 straight years of a zone blocking scheme and although there will be changes with the new power blocking scheme, I can't see an entire philosophy change coming with Sparano. Too much learning curve IMO. Winston is a young talented RT. he will fit in fine here. Foster didn't have much of a problem with him being on the o line.... not that have foster on the jets. :biggrin:

I agree. I remember a quote actually where Tomlinson said he was going to have to learn the zone-blocking scheme because San Diego had been a man-blocking team.

But are we changing to man-blocking now because of Tony S?

Archived