Jay Glazer on Twitter: Brandon Marshall to the Bears [merged]

CrazyCarl40

to Bears for 2 3rd rounders

Glad he's gone. Cements the fact that Manning isn't going to Miami

Great day

Maybe not. There has been some speculation that marshall may have hindered the Dolphs pursuit of manning.

Is Brandon Marshall keeping Peyton Manning away from the Miami Dolphins?

March 12, 2012|By Mike Berardino, Sun Sentinel

So are the Miami Dolphins capable of “Manning up” and getting their man? OK, that was too easy. And unfair, too, considering Peyton Manning is clearly calling the shots as he chooses the next (final?) phase of his Hall of Fame career.

The Dolphins did reel in Brandon Marshall and Karlos Dansby during the spring of 2010, and they did pull off a deal for a devalued Reggie Bush last July.

But if Manning fails to grant the Dolphins so much as a sit-down meeting, plenty of detractors will dredge up those failed pursuits of Jim Harbaugh and Jeff Fisher and wonder if what the Dolphins really need isn’t a new quarterback but a closer.Anyone else note the irony of the teams that formerly had Marshall (Broncos) and Dansby (Cardinals) being the two apparent finalists for Manning’s services?

Marshall, in particular, could be viewed as a drag on the Dolphins’ pursuit of Manning.

While Cardinals All-Pro wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald, who traveled to Indianapolis to have dinner with Manning last month and was omnipresent during No. 18’s desert tour over the weekend, is considered quarterback-friendly, Marshall is openly battling “borderline personality disorder” and has a reputation for being high maintenance.

http://articles.sun-...nality-disorder

Wow, this is kind of a surprise. I live in Illinois so I hear a lot of Bears rumors, and I don't think anyone was expecting Marshall (even with the Cutler ties); V-Jax, Meachem or Manningham sounded like more likely targets.

Whatever the case, this is a good thing. If it makes the Dolphins suck more, I'll take it.

to Bears for 2 3rd rounders

Glad he's gone. Cements the fact that Manning isn't going to Miami

Great day

Not necessarily. Maybe Manning said I don't want that trash on my team. The only way I sign there is if he's gone. That could be why it happened so seemingly sudden.

For two years I've had to listen to the fintards struggle vainly to convince themselves that a guy who's cracked the top-40 in DVOA exactly once is worthy of the appellation "Beast." Now I get to hear the Bears' radio courtiers do it for the foreseeable future. "Awesome."

Maybe not. There has been some speculation that marshall may have hindered the Dolphs pursuit of manning.

Is Brandon Marshall keeping Peyton Manning away from the Miami Dolphins?

March 12, 2012|By Mike Berardino, Sun Sentinel

So are the Miami Dolphins capable of “Manning up” and getting their man? OK, that was too easy. And unfair, too, considering Peyton Manning is clearly calling the shots as he chooses the next (final?) phase of his Hall of Fame career.

The Dolphins did reel in Brandon Marshall and Karlos Dansby during the spring of 2010, and they did pull off a deal for a devalued Reggie Bush last July.

But if Manning fails to grant the Dolphins so much as a sit-down meeting, plenty of detractors will dredge up those failed pursuits of Jim Harbaugh and Jeff Fisher and wonder if what the Dolphins really need isn’t a new quarterback but a closer.Anyone else note the irony of the teams that formerly had Marshall (Broncos) and Dansby (Cardinals) being the two apparent finalists for Manning’s services?

Marshall, in particular, could be viewed as a drag on the Dolphins’ pursuit of Manning.

While Cardinals All-Pro wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald, who traveled to Indianapolis to have dinner with Manning last month and was omnipresent during No. 18’s desert tour over the weekend, is considered quarterback-friendly, Marshall is openly battling “borderline personality disorder” and has a reputation for being high maintenance.

http://articles.sun-...nality-disorder

This trade bothered me as soon as I saw it. it makes no sense for the Fish----------Unless this article is accurate

For two years I've had to listen to the fintards struggle vainly to convince themselves that a guy who's cracked the top-40 in DVOA exactly once is worthy of the appellation "Beast." Now I get to hear the Bears' radio courtiers do it for the foreseeable future. "Awesome."

This. The last year of my life I've had to listen to the "well if he had an o-line and WR's" nonsense every ******* Sunday. Now I get to have that multiplied times eleventybillion until the fall. sh*t.

This. The last year of my life I've had to listen to the "well if he had an o-line and WR's" nonsense every ******* Sunday. Now I get to have that multiplied times eleventybillion until the fall. sh*t.

It's really something. The homerism here is totally foreign to me. Even Giants fans bitch and moan about their team all the time. Out here, the smartest guy on the radio still turns into a tittering pile of goo anytime the Bears announce a move.

Archived