Jets never read Tebow contract.

denden29

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So now you guys are mad that he screwed it up. I thought you wanted no part of Tebow. Geez you guys, his so called ineptitude just saved your a$$

I'm absolutely thrilled that his incompetence could potential save the Jets from this horrible fate. That said, it's still really frightening to see your GM be that much a completely clueless moron to ever do something like that. Regardless of my feelings on the ultimate outcome, I can't really be proud of Tanny for being that bad at his job.

We knew he wasn't much of a scout. But that he isn't much of a lawyer-his supposeed expertise-is shocking.

Really is, as much as I hate this trade, a part of me hopes we get stuck. Bunch of ******* monkeys man.

LOL my bad. Just drives me crazy when people are looking for drama for no good reason.

It's being reported all over the place that the Jets didn't know the contract terms before making this deal. This is not about drama but an incompetent front office that should be held accountable since they make all the football operations decisions for our team. A team, which most if not all, of the people on this forum spend their hard earned money on.

It appears Denver may hold our feet to the fire and say this is a done deal. If the Jets have to pay $5 million they didn’t know about and cannot get out of it that is a big deal to me.

now this is embarassing.. I couldn't care less about the arguing, Sanchez drama, and Rex buffoonery, but if Tanny is too stupid to read a contract before announcing the trade then he deserves all the bashing he gets.

Tebow Trade Not Finalized

by Phil Sullivan on March 21, 2012[edit]

in Jet News

jets.gif

The Tim Tebow trade that was reported earlier today, seems to be on hold for the moment. There are some contract details that the Jets were apparently not aware of originally. The Denver Post has an excellent break down of the current issue:

The Jets were apparently in too much rush to make a news splash for their New York tabloids. They didn’t look at Tebow’s contract until after agreeing to the deal.

Would you buy a home without an inspection?

The contract says any team acquiring Tebow has to kick back $5.06375 million to the Broncos in advanced salaries from the 2012, 2013 and 2014 seasons, according to an NFL source.

Tebow was to receive a base salary of $405,000 in 2011. But five days after the start of the league season — which turned out to be Aug. 6, 2011 because of the lockout — the Broncos exercised a $6,277,500 advance in guaranteed salaries.

The $6,277,500 million in advances came from salaries of four seasons: 2011 ($1,213,750); 2012 ($1,425,000); 2013 ($1,691,250) and 2014 ($1.92 million).

The Broncos agree to their 2011 advanced portion (and got their money’s worth as Tebow led them from a 1-4 start under Kyle Orton to the playoffs). But as Tebow would be a Jet today with completion of trade, Jets would be assigned Tebow’s contract.

The Broncos paid the advance, but the 2012, 2013 and 2014 salaries still go to team that gets Tebow’s services.

The Broncos expect the Jets to pay them back those salary advances from 2012-14 per Tebow’s contract. The Jets are balking.

This is what the Jets thought was Tebow’s remaining contract: $1.1 million in 2012; $1.055 million in 2013; $895,000 in 2014.

Three years, $3.05 million. Instead, they’re looking at three years, $8.11 million. Huge difference. Although it wouldn’t take long for the human revenue machine that is Tebow to make up that $5.06 million in Tebowmania sales.

There is a decent chance this deal may die.

Based on the initial feedback from the Jets Nation forum, it seems like many Jets will be happy if this deal did indeed die as the Denver Post suggests.

I'm absolutely thrilled that his incompetence could potential save the Jets from this horrible fate. That said, it's still really frightening to see your GM be that much a completely clueless moron to ever do something like that. Regardless of my feelings on the ultimate outcome, I can't really be proud of Tanny for being that bad at his job.

Actually I blame one of his assistants, They are the ones who are supposed to inform him of things like that. Still his fault because he likely hired them.

now this is embarassing.. I couldn't care less about the arguing, Sanchez drama, and Rex buffoonery, but if Tanny is too stupid to read a contract before announcing the trade then he deserves all the bashing he gets.

I dont get embarrassed over something I cant control that has zero impact on my life...but Mikey T should be embarrassed right now. What a bozo.

Jets announce trade for Tebow

Jets fan: I HATE THE JETS and I HATE TEBOW. THEY BOTH SUKKKK

trade is held up due to contract issue

Jets fan: I HATE TANNY FOR NOT READING A CONTRACT. HE SUKKKS

Thats the mans job.

Ok, look,

From ESPN:

"The teams agreed to the terms of the trade -- the Jets dealt fourth-round and sixth-round selections in 2012 in exchange for Tebow and a 2012 seventh-rounder from Denver -- before the Broncos asked New York to pay back a portion of bonuses and salary already paid to Tebow, sources told Schefter."

So first the teams agree in principle, then Denver adds a stipulation that the Jets must pay them back money that they have already spent on Tebow.

The fault here clearly lies with the Broncos. That money was NOT on the books. It had been paid previously. It's ridiculous for them to come back now and demand retroactive money.

It's being reported all over the place that the Jets didn't know the contract terms before making this deal. This is not about drama but an incompetent front office that should be held accountable since they make all the football operations decisions for our team. A team, which most if not all, of the people on this forum spend their hard earned money on.

It appears Denver may hold our feet to the fire and say this is a done deal. If the Jets have to pay $5 million they didn’t know about and cannot get out of it that is a big deal to me.

Here's the report from ESPN: "The teams agreed to the terms of the trade -- the Jets dealt fourth-round and sixth-round selections in 2012 in exchange for Tebow and a 2012 seventh-rounder from Denver -- before the Broncos asked New York to pay back a portion of bonuses and salary already paid to Tebow, sources told Schefter."

They agreed in principle first. Then Denver added a new stipulation. I don't see why Tanny would have *expected* to pay money to Tebow that Tebow has already received! Freakin ridiculous on the part of the Donkeys.

Jets announce trade for Tebow

Jets fan: I HATE THE JETS and I HATE TEBOW. THEY BOTH SUKKKK

trade is held up due to contract issue

Jets fan: I HATE TANNY FOR NOT READING A CONTRACT. HE SUKKKS

FIRE TANNY!!1!

villagers20torch.jpg

I dont get embarrassed over something I cant control that has zero impact on my life...but Mikey T should be embarrassed right now. What a bozo.

I guess I'm just more of a fan than you. fake a$$ jet fan.

Archived