So About Braylon

TNJet

I'm guessing Braylon Edwards back to the Jets is just a pipe dream? That sucks he wanted to be here and Sanchez had the most chemistry with him than he did any other WR since he's been here asside from Keller. With the way our wr corps looks now, I am even thinking Michael Floyd at 16 sounds good.

10 years from now the Jets will need a WR and a Braylon thread will appear...

At this point in FA, nobody is signing anyone. Its almost standard issue to wait for the draft and address the holes after when you're this close to draft day. BE I'm sure is still on the Jets mind but lets face it, just like last season, nobody is beating down this guys door. There is something out there that us fans dont know about this basket case and nobody wants him. I suspect if he signs some where, it will be right before camp for a cheap incentive laden contract.

I'm guessing Braylon Edwards back to the Jets is just a pipe dream? That sucks he wanted to be here and Sanchez had the most chemistry with him than he did any other WR since he's been here asside from Keller. With the way our wr corps looks now, I am even thinking Michael Floyd at 16 sounds good.

Exactly.

10 years from now the Jets will need a WR and a Braylon thread appear...

At this point in FA, nobody is signing anyone. Its almost standard issue to wait to the draft and address the holes after when you're this close to draft day. BE I'm sure is still on the Jets mind but lets face it, just like last season, nobody is beating down this guys door. There is something out there that us fans dont know about this basket case and nobody wants him. I suspect if he signs some where, it will be right before camp for a cheap incentive laden contract.

This. If for some reason the Jets get locked out from a WR they like in the draft then maybe he returns but right now it looks like the Jets want to get younger at the position and are looking at several of the "big name" WRs coming out this year. Still wish we had brought him back last year but understand the logic why they didn't.

Yeah, maybe the Jets are looking at Floyd/Hill/or whoever in the draft. If you get one of those kinda guys, then maybe you want him starting every day. That would bump Braylon down to the #4, since Kerley will be playing slot. Not really important at this time as much as I like him. I think they'll take a hard look at him after the draft if they don't end up drafting a potential stud WR.

Floyd yes, Hill No no no

Doubt Floyd makes To 16. Jets are holding off on Edwards just in case. If Bray is healthy, and I think he will be, he'll be a Jet with a week after the draft.

Don't think age is an issue, Edwards is what? 28?

Floyd yes, Hill No no no

Doubt Floyd makes To 16. Jets are holding off on Edwards just in case. If Bray is healthy, and I think he will be, he'll be a Jet with a week after the draft.

Don't think age is an issue, Edwards is what? 28?

I could be wrong but didn't Hill visit the Jets already? Anyway - HELL YES to Bray. BBB - Bring Back Braylon. Floyd may be a pic, but I agree with everyone else - BIG MOVES after the Draft. Hopefully not the wrong ones with sh*tty leftovers. Braylon still has it in him - the drunk driving incident doesn't hold a candle to the Jets "notable" player reputation. It's old news anyway...

keep in mind Braylon was cut prior to the season ending last year. He could have been signed at any point. The Jets could have signed him in feb. he's not an unrestricted free agent who's contract expired. He's a street free agent.

I wanted him instead of Santonio originally he can block and our QB(Now QB's) can't throw anyway. We should probably just run a spread set with Conner and blocking TE's out wide, Tebow at QB and get it over with

week 4 my man, week 4....

keep in mind Braylon was cut prior to the season ending last year. He could have been signed at any point. The Jets could have signed him in feb. he's not an unrestricted free agent who's contract expired. He's a street free agent.

Who may not be 100%in healthy.

But according to way too many members of this fanbase he's some devastating loss...argh.

Yeah, I am definitely in the group that prefers to find the young kid that will turn into a star. Braylon was good here, but if they can't replace what he brought -- it is a non-issue. Because they aren't a Braylon Edwards away from the Lombardi.

Yeah, I am definitely in the group that prefers to find the young kid that will turn into a star. Braylon was good here, but if they can't replace what he brought -- it is a non-issue. Because they aren't a Braylon Edwards away from the Lombardi.

With all the talk of being cap strapped, I would think bringing BE back would be consdered a good idea..... BY EVERYONE!!!! :D

Imagine Sanchez going into his 4th season with Braylon the type of chemistry they would have right now.

Like Braylon or not, the Jets should have been a bit more commited to Sanchez than anything else. Being able to have years of chemistry with your WR's mean something in this league. Knowing what they can and cant do, WR's knowing what the QB can and cant do puts you in a better position to make plays which will win you football games.

I think that if we had Braylon last year the jets wouldnt have been 8-8. The chemistry alone would have gotten us an extra game or two. And if we would have made the playoffs who knows what would have happened. How many times did we see Plaxico basically rendered useless because we werent in the "Red Zone"? Braylon gave us that deep threat and a big body target. Braylon would have made a difference on the field.

We either bring Braylon Back or Draft Michael Lloyd, maybe even both. We'll have a vet in Holmes, young WR's in Kerley and Lloyd that will be here for years. I just think that Braylon is an immediate threat at the #2 position and can beat out 90% of the #2CB's in this league. That will require attention which will give Holmes opportunities as well. We'll be able to run 4 WR sets with Kerley and Lloyd as well as being able to rotate with talent if any of the WR's get hurt.

As of right now if we dont bring in another threat at WR and Holmes gets hurt thats virtually the end of our passing game for the rest of the season.

Villian...braylon got hurt last year. That could have happened here as well.

Very true. But maybe he wouldnt have gotten hurt, maybe we wouldnt have had to find out that Plax wasnt a good replacement.

Also Max, im having problems with my notifications. My account no longer tells me that someone quoted me or I have a private msg etc. I didnt know that you responded to me just now. And my settings are the same as they were when I was getting notifications.

Very true. But maybe he wouldnt have gotten hurt, maybe we wouldnt have had to find out that Plax wasnt a good replacement.

Also Max, im having problems with my notifications. My account no longer tells me that someone quoted me or I have a private msg etc. I didnt know that you responded to me just now. And my settings are the same as they were when I was getting notifications.

I saw that in the Feedback forum, I will try to take a look tonight. But for the post above, I didn't quote you -- so there would have been no notification. This one should generate a notification. But I will look into it...thanks,.

I saw that in the Feedback forum, I will try to take a look tonight. But for the post above, I didn't quote you -- so there would have been no notification. This one should generate a notification. But I will look into it...thanks,.

Max, I'm getting notifications just fine, but it seems no one is quoting me. Please look into it. I feel so alone sometimes.

There, there now.

Better?

a pity quote. I've been taken down a peg. A whole peg! Still, I feel like we're closer now somehow. What are doing later? Send me your number and we'll talk about girls and stuff. You like movies? I love movies! we should go to the movies. And I have this awesome Pokemon collection. We could trade and stuff! Oh, this is going to be awesome!

i.e. chaz schilens

Bit, I don't know how to say this....Shi-lenz? Sky-lens? Shillenz? I can't root for a guy with a name like that. Now, Rod Boone, that's a name I can get behind! Or Bear Pascoe. Or anyone named Buddy. Hacket, Ryan, Rich, doesn't matter. These are the things you need to take into consideration when evaluating talent. Just thought a bit of advice might do some good. Dont'a Hightower. Now that a name! I'm thinkinf he'll go in the top five for that name alone.

Archived