Inside the Jets WAR ROOM!

Blackout

One of the 13 is Terry Bradway. You need a guy who trades 2 half his draft including 2 high #1s for a gimpy bowling ball with butcher knives. Preferably a combine warrior ratehr than a real football player. Think Hali Ngata without the production. This is you head of scouting. Also, he is part of the Jet habit of dumping 2 or 3 OL starters, trying to draft fillins late or sign OL help off the street. And then wonders about 5 or 6 games into the season why the offense sucks and his QB and/or feature back is getting clobbered. it takes special minds to do this kid of brilliance.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He obviously saw potential in Mark and thought he was a good player. Mark proved that with two AFC championships. He should continue to focus on Mark's progress by surrounding him with the weapons he needs to win games.

I guess that's the same reason he drafted Vernon Gholston.

So, I guess you think Rex Grossman is a good player too (if not a better one), as he's been to the Super Bowl? I guess you also believe that Eric Smith has proved himself with "two AFC Championships"?

Oh, the Jets didn't win any AFC Championships... Subtle distinction, I know.

Are you basing this on what the Jets will do or your hopes?

Tannenbaum's 1st rounders are always guys who've visited, so Upshaw's out. Probably Barron too, though in the his case they might have the hots for him but assume he'll be gone at 14 at the latest. It's an open question as to whether or not Jones can play OLB and he's a huge reach at 16 anyway. They've hosted a ton of wideouts, so I think the chalk pick is BPA WR at 16. Maybe a trade up for Ingram or a trade down for God only knows.

Tannenbaum's 1st rounders are always guys who've visited, so Upshaw's out. Probably Barron too, though in the his case they might have the hots for him but assume he'll be gone at 14 at the latest. It's an open question as to whether or not Jones can play OLB and he's a huge reach at 16 anyway. They've hosted a ton of wideouts, so I think the chalk pick is BPA WR at 16. Maybe a trade up for Ingram or a trade down for God only knows.

Definitely not based on my hopes, btw, unless they really are smokescreening on Barron. Upshaw and Jones are both stiffs and I don't like any of the wideouts enough to pick one at 16.

Definitely not based on my hopes, btw, unless they really are smokescreening on Barron. Upshaw and Jones are both stiffs and I don't like any of the wideouts enough to pick one at 16.

lol, you sound like every scout. Its easier just to hate everyone.

Jones film isnt terrible. Mercilus is a stiff. Jones actually jumps out a bit.

there are maybe 3 guys on the planet who are scouts and can negotiate with agents and understand the CBA and deal with hold outs and the media and an owner

spare me the trolling nonsense

I wouldn't want my teams draft run any other way

well, someone has to tell tanny not to trade any picks in the first 4 rounds this year

other than that, it is what a professional team does

I guess that's the same reason he drafted Vernon Gholston.

So, I guess you think Rex Grossman is a good player too (if not a better one), as he's been to the Super Bowl? I guess you also believe that Eric Smith has proved himself with "two AFC Championships"?

Oh, the Jets didn't win any AFC Championships... Subtle distinction, I know.

ha - you got me on the "wins" - but you knew what I meant.

A quarterback isn't the best just because he's been to a SB. He's def worthy of being called good though. I'm simply stating Mike T needs to realize he drafted Mark for a reason. If he discontinues to help Mark help the Jets, then he should let him go to another team where he can progress.

ha - you got me on the "wins" - but you knew what I meant.

A quarterback isn't the best just because he's been to a SB. He's def worthy of being called good though. I'm simply stating Mike T needs to realize he drafted Mark for a reason. If he discontinues to help Mark help the Jets, then he should let him go to another team where he can progress.

He did draft Sanchez for a reason.

The problem is. He was wrong. Just about every objective measure supports this. He drafted Gholston for a reason too. He was wrong then as well.

He did draft Sanchez for a reason.

The problem is. He was wrong. Just about every objective measure supports this. He drafted Gholston for a reason too. He was wrong then as well.

Are you one of those guys who HATE Mark Sanchez?? Because I know A LOT of those guys...

So he should stop drafting.

Well, in a way. Yes. He should. Because, he should probably be fired. Fun fact: There's only 2 GMs in the league who have been around longer without a Super Bowl appearance. One of them is AJ Smith.

But, I'm not sure how your snarky comment supports any kind of point, so you'll have to elaborate.

You answered my question with a question, 'nuff said.

So... In your mind... What did you just prove?

I do not like Mark Sanchez as the QB of my favorite football team. That's either because I hate Mexicans or because I don't like awful offenses, inaccurate passes, cartoonish interceptions, fumbles, average at best arm strength, laughable pocket presence, poor leadership, no confidence, and an inability to read defenses.

Other than that, I love what he brings to my favorite football team.

Well, in a way. Yes. He should. Because, he should probably be fired. Fun fact: There's only 2 GMs in the league who have been around longer without a Super Bowl appearance. One of them is AJ Smith.

But, I'm not sure how your snarky comment supports any kind of point, so you'll have to elaborate.

I'm not a Tebow fan. Is he a good football player? Sure, just not for the Jets. There's nothing to really elaborate on here. Mike saw Marks potential at USC. Mike wasn't blindsided by trading up for the pick- he knew what he was doing. I STILL do not think Mark is a poor draft pick despite his 3rd year performance. He threw the most last year - and was sacked the most - 39 times to be exact. It's not Mark's fault the Jets do not believe in drafting offensive lineman that can protect the QB.

I'm not a Tebow fan. Is he a good football player? Sure, just not for the Jets. There's nothing to really elaborate on here. Mike saw Marks potential at USC. Mike wasn't blindsided by trading up for the pick- he knew what he was doing. I STILL do not think Mark is a poor draft pick despite his 3rd year performance. He threw the most last year - and was sacked the most - 39 times to be exact. It's not Mark's fault the Jets do not believe in drafting offensive lineman that can protect the QB.

Who cares about Tebow? He sucks too.

So, if I follow your logic now... Mike Tannenbaum knew what he was doing when he drafted Sanchez, and that was a good decision and so, we should trust that Tannenbaum is right there. But, Tannenbaum also brought in Tebow which was a bad decision. Also, the Jets don't draft offensive lineman who protect the QB, which is Tannenbaum's job (ignoring Mangold and Ferguson)...

Condensed... Tannenbaum drafted Sanchez for a reason and we should trust Tannenbaum despite the fact that we don't like what Tannenbaum did with the offensive line or the backup QB position.

So, basically, your argument comes down to "GO SANCHIZZEEEEE... F THE HATERZ".

Save the fact Mark Sanchez is the worst QB in the league under pressure according to pro-football-focus (http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/01/31/pressure-and-the-2011-quarterbacks/).

He came out and said he doesnt want to be in a 3-4 fwiw

This isn't true. I posted an article a while back where he said nothing of the sort, and in fact was getting looks from multiple 3-4 teams (specifically IIRC the Pats and Chargers).

He or Barron would be my dream pick, but neither got a visit or anything...Balls.

Who cares about Tebow? He sucks too.

So, if I follow your logic now... Mike Tannenbaum knew what he was doing when he drafted Sanchez, and that was a good decision and so, we should trust that Tannenbaum is right there. But, Tannenbaum also brought in Tebow which was a bad decision. Also, the Jets don't draft offensive lineman who protect the QB, which is Tannenbaum's job (ignoring Mangold and Ferguson)...

Condensed... Tannenbaum drafted Sanchez for a reason and we should trust Tannenbaum despite the fact that we don't like what Tannenbaum did with the offensive line or the backup QB position.

So, basically, your argument comes down to "GO SANCHIZZEEEEE... F THE HATERZ".

Save the fact Mark Sanchez is the worst QB in the league under pressure according to pro-football-focus (http://www.profootba...1-quarterbacks/).

In short, yes you are following my logic (props to you - that's not easy). I discuss what I know and see - I think Mark plays well under pressure sometimes. Granted it's not a great way to win games, but he has succeeded in scrambling in the last few minutes of the game to throw long and win. And yes, Ferguson & Mangold are obviously good at protecting Mark -but while the rest of the O-line is leaving gaps for the defense to sack Mark, Mark has no choice but to frantically throw the ball. A QB can only be sacked so many times.

So... In your mind... What did you just prove?

I do not like Mark Sanchez as the QB of my favorite football team. That's either because I hate Mexicans or because I don't like awful offenses, inaccurate passes, cartoonish interceptions, fumbles, average at best arm strength, laughable pocket presence, poor leadership, no confidence, and an inability to read defenses.

Other than that, I love what he brings to my favorite football team.

Racist.

In short, yes you are following my logic (props to you - that's not easy). I discuss what I know and see - I think Mark plays well under pressure sometimes. Granted it's not a great way to win games, but he has succeeded in scrambling in the last few minutes of the game to throw long and win. And yes, Ferguson & Mangold are obviously good at protecting Mark -but while the rest of the O-line is leaving gaps for the defense to sack Mark, Mark has no choice but to frantically throw the ball. A QB can only be sacked so many times.

I am curious to see what the new offense bring protection wise. There has been much made of Sparano wanting to put a premium on protection. With Mark still relatively young that really is a must. I like Mark, he has a ton to prove but I think he can get the team to the next level.

Would love to see the Jets take a shot on Bruce Irvin if he slides to the 5th.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised to see that they do if he fell to the 5th (and they didn't like him enough to take him in the 3rd).

If he jumped a little higher I'd call him an athletic freak...Instead he's just a really good athlete.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised to see that they do if he fell to the 5th (and they didn't like him enough to take him in the 3rd).

If he jumped a little higher I'd call him an athletic freak...Instead he's just a really good athlete.

He has character issues, and those guys usually slide come draft day. I still think they take an OLB in the first. I like Irvin in addition to that, again, if he falls to the 5th. He has a 33.5 in vertical, not awful. His three cone drill is what impresses the most.

I dont see the big deal with all the people in the room. Woody doesnt really count and Rex really doesnt either. 2 guys moving cards doesnt count for much either. Alot of those guys are in there for training purposes as well since you never know when someone is going to get he cal to move on from the team. But for the most part you have guys there to play a role. You have guys to confirm something about a guy. You have someone to tell them if they have the cap ammo (plus legal ammo) to make a trade . A few scouting opinions. To make it out like its 13 voices shouting all at once I think is just way off. Its probably 4 or 5 voices at the most. Id also say "broom closet" is a bit extreme of a description especially considering it can fit 13 plus a camera guy on draft day.

Thanks. So it's almost certain that one of those guys will be their 1st round pick right? I can't see them drafting someone else with that 1st pick without having visited..

If you really want to narrow it down:

Ingram

Coples

Floyd

Hill

Mercilus

Wright

Brockers

Sanu

Cordy Glenn visited but I have trouble buying they're serious about solving RT with another first round OL. Might toss Brockers off as well since they just did the DL project thing last year at a much better price (a 3rd)...probably Mercilus too for his one year wonderness.

Archived