Inside the Jets WAR ROOM!

Blackout

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right...only the Jets have their football people in their war room. I'm sure every other team doesn't utilize a single personnel guy. Just the GM and HC in a room.

Right...only the Jets have their football people in their war room. I'm sure every other team doesn't utilize a single personnel guy. Just the GM and HC in a room.

Except the Jets have a unique situation where their GM and HC have proven to be the two least qualified people actually in that room.

13 effen guys in the warroom, this happens when your GM knows d1ck about football players and has to ask 12 opinions on each player.

Yeah, that's crazy. No good leader considers the thoughts and opinions of other qualified professionals.

It's basically admitting that Tannenbaum isn't capable of single-handedly watching every draft prospect for hours on end and objectively analyzing each and every one of their strengths and weaknesses without personal bias at all. That is such an easy task and the fact that Tannenbaum can't do that alone is just embarrassing.

I can't think of a single GM in the league other than Tannenbaum that has such a staff.

yeah this GM sucks when it comes to the draft, great numbers guy but not good with talent

Yeah this team has been a disaster since he got here. I don't think he ever had a good draft class. Need proof? Just look at the results. Have we won a single playoff game since this moron got here? I don't think so...

Yeah, that's crazy. No good leader considers the thoughts and opinions of other qualified professionals.

It's basically admitting that Tannenbaum isn't capable of single-handedly watching every draft prospect for hours on end and objectively analyzing each and every one of their strengths and weaknesses without personal bias at all. That is such an easy task and the fact that Tannenbaum can't do that alone is just embarrassing.

I can't think of a single GM in the league other than Tannenbaum that has such a staff.

excuse meeeee

13 guys is way too much

Wouldnt have any issue with 5 or 6. It should tell you Tanny has no clue what he is doing

Yeah this team has been a disaster since he got here. I don't think he ever had a good draft class. Need proof? Just look at the results. Have we won a single playoff game since this moron got here? I don't think so...

whe just dont have depth any starter goes down we are in trouble

excuse meeeee

13 guys is way too much

Wouldnt have any issue with 5 or 6. It should tell you Tanny has no clue what he is doing

Good point. I'll defer to your wisdom on this matter, since I trust that you are more qualified to make this decision than a lowly general manager.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets

10. Different strokes. On Saturday, I wrote a piece on the Jets' draft room -- specifically, the people in the room (a total of 13) and how they make decisions. GM Mike Tannenbaum appreciates input from everyone. Not surprisingly, the Patriots have a different approach. The NFL Network's Mike Lombardi, who used to work with Bill Belichick, described the Belichick way (quote courtesy of ESPNBoston.com): "The draft room will be very small. ... It will only be four people. Belichick's big thing is that he's not looking for more opinions, he's looking for right opinions. The scouts do their job, which is prepare him for the draft, then ... there is only one decision-maker in New England. He doesn't want any confusion on draft day."

Why is that, in your opinion?

He obviously saw potential in Mark and thought he was a good player. Mark proved that with two AFC championships. He should continue to focus on Mark's progress by surrounding him with the weapons he needs to win games.

Many different roads lead to Dublin.

Agreed. I doubt anyone is surprised that bellyache and tanny do things differently. And it should surprise no one that bellboy's ego won't allow anyone to influence his decision on draft day.

While they could have gone better, tanny's drafts have been decent. It is not easy. Very few teams are great drafters. Who's to say how many guys you should have in the war room? As many as it takes.

Adam Schein jut said look for the Jets to stay put and select one of these four guys:

Barron

Upshaw

Floyd

Chandler Jones

Possibly trade up with Jax if Ingram is there. That's it.

I see Schein is using the same "sources" he used when he was working afternoon drive on Syracuse radio. Google.

Adam Schein jut said look for the Jets to stay put and select one of these four guys:

Barron

Upshaw

Floyd

Chandler Jones

Possibly trade up with Jax if Ingram is there. That's it.

I am very happy with this approach. Unless we trade Revis for one of the top 5 picks this year, and number 2, and a number one next year.

Archived