So as a fan do you like this 24/7 ESPN Tebow/Sanchez....err I mean Jets coverage

Matt39

See, what really drives his posts home is the bolded statements and emoticons. If it weren't for those, I wouldn't be able to take these posts seriously.

A man's got to know his limitations.... (you seem to have many). :blowup:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As opposed to those who throw

beautiful spirals to the other teams players while setting an

NFL Rookie record of 28 Ints?

Or as opposed to a QB that has coaches that say that their

QB HAS TO TAKE CARE OF THE BALL BETTER

in hopes of getting to the playoff this year for a change?

While neither of them have a career 2.22 to 1 TD/Int Ratio.

Or had 33 TD's to 15 total turnovers in their first 16 starts

(+23 plays as a backup) that included a 15th start playoff win?.

You're probably also the type that wants the 'pretty girl'

even if she has some disgusting disease.... :animal0029:

How'd you know which QB I was talking about?

Glad to see the usual suspect is still too stupid to understand why there's no valid comparison to be made between rookie year stats and second year stats. That's not even getting into the blatantly obvious reality that other player's rookie numbers have absolutely nothing to do with Tebow sucking ass.

Haha! They may not have an actual plan, but their hopes are pinned on Sanchez. Barring injury or an extended implosion, Sanchez starts every game in 2012. Book that.

Well, yeah. I don't think they'll bench him just to force-feed Tebow into the mix, but if there's a catastrophic start or an injury (not unlikely given the pass rushes he faces in the first five weeks), I don't think that his contract is a huge deterrent toward benching him. Rex has to look out for Rex now.

We should maybe go out for a beer in 2014.

Yes! And we can debate how awesome the Perry Fewell Era is going to work out!

Probably a make or break year for Sanchez. If he doesn't start showing that he can be a guy that consistently won't blow games, I think we'll be looking for some sort of mid-level veteran that can hold the fort like Moore or Schaub. I imagine if he doesn't finish at least in the black for DVOA and DYAR, Tannenbaum's going to have to start planning for the future. But yeah, the reason the Tebow move sucked so much is because he's not even a decent contingency plan. We're Sanchez or bust for the 4th straight year and that was an awfully big gamble for this entire organization with how he collapsed epically last year. I'm still wondering if he'll ever fully recover from that sh*t.

Agreed. Mind-boggling on all levels with Tebow, who might have been the absolute last player they should have signed at this point in the Rex/Sanchez Era. Still haven't heard a logical explanation for it.

Agreed. Mind-boggling on all levels with Tebow, who might have been the absolute last player they should have signed at this point in the Rex/Sanchez Era. Still haven't heard a logical explanation for it.

Of course you havent. He was brought in to fill seats.

hell, the reason they supposedly drafted Sanchez over Freeman was because his USC buddies showed up to catch passes from him.

He's a good Football player.

Wildcat.

Short yardage back.

Better back up than Drew Stanton.

Special Teams.

Push Sanchez.

Leader to help with fractured locker room.

Jesus.

High School Stats.

All seem like logical explanations.

Well, yeah. I don't think they'll bench him just to force-feed Tebow into the mix, but if there's a catastrophic start or an injury (not unlikely given the pass rushes he faces in the first five weeks), I don't think that his contract is a huge deterrent toward benching him. Rex has to look out for Rex now.

Do you remember Brad Smith running the wildcat for the Jets in 2010? That was his big season, I remember him being on the field a lot. Do you think Tebow will see the field more than that? How much more?

For reference, Brad Smith averaged 2.5 plays a game in 2010.

I think we largely agree that it all comes down to how Sanchez performs, we just have different crystal balls in that respect. I could see extended Tebow possessions if Sanchez is mentally imploding, but I also think Sanchez is very aware of that. The risk of him being benched is more real than ever, and I expect him to play with more maturity as a result.

I also think its more than just the contract that'll keep Mark in there. Tanny and Rex are both invested in him. It's better for them if they win with Sanchez rather than without him due to the picks, players, money, and time invested in this player. When they give up on him, all of that now becomes a mistake. These guys don't like to admit mistakes. And I think they also know that Tebow may create a lot of hype and pressure for Sanchez, but that he's really not going to be a viable option at QB anytime soon.

Yes! And we can debate how awesome the Perry Fewell Era is going to work out!

Perry Fewell is exactly what this teams needs in 2014! :)

They should have just done Hard Knocks again. At least HBO puts together good tv....espn is awful.

We get away to Cortland to isolate ourselves. Really now?

My thoughts exactly. I'm sure they love the coverage, and are making sure certain plays are strategically performed in front of the cameras. It's almost like a spin on hard knocks. I think it's a smart move.

I will say though, that if it was for headlines, it's not so bad for me. What some of you guys forget is that there are a ton of Jet fans that...you know, don't live in the area anymore. The interwebz are nice and all and in today's day and age, it's impossible to miss any news, but still, it's good to turn on the TV and see Jets coverage regularly. If that comes at the cost of dumb Tim Tebow stories, that's cool, because at least they're showing some clips during the commentary and I can see how the other guys look too.

I will say though, that if it was for headlines, it's not so bad for me. What some of you guys forget is that there are a ton of Jet fans that...you know, don't live in the area anymore. The interwebz are nice and all and in today's day and age, it's impossible to miss any news, but still, it's good to turn on the TV and see Jets coverage regularly. If that comes at the cost of dumb Tim Tebow stories, that's cool, because at least they're showing some clips during the commentary and I can see how the other guys look too.

Selfish bastard.

Do you remember Brad Smith running the wildcat for the Jets in 2010? That was his big season, I remember him being on the field a lot. Do you think Tebow will see the field more than that? How much more?

For reference, Brad Smith averaged 2.5 plays a game in 2010.

Good point, but a couple things here: Tebow the QB is significantly better than Brad Smith the QB (hard as that is to believe). I think Tebow will do more with his opportunities than Smith did, and he'll earn more opportunities as a result. Unless Sanchez displays a down in, down out consistency that he has yet to show (which would keep him on the field), I don't see any reason to believe that Tebow won't do what Rex himself said he would--get about twenty snaps per game.

I think we largely agree that it all comes down to how Sanchez performs, we just have different crystal balls in that respect. I could see extended Tebow possessions if Sanchez is mentally imploding, but I also think Sanchez is very aware of that. The risk of him being benched is more real than ever, and I expect him to play with more maturity as a result.

I'm with this exactly, and we do have opposing predictions for Sanchez. I think the schedule, more than anything, works against him. Four out of the five first weeks, he's facing brutal pass rushes, and Miami's isn't too shabby either. It'll be tough for Sanchez to distance himself performance-wise when he's running for his life.

I'd be more confident in Sanchez's chances if Tannenbaum went out this offseason and found an OC that specialized in developing QBs, a right tackle, an all-around TE, a steady vet WR, and another back, but he got none of those. Instead, he's putting super-raw Hill and a bunch of scraps opposite Santonio, and a rugby player is backing up Keller. He's done zero at RT, zero at RB, and he's brought in Tebow to ensure that Sanchez gets to answer 500 Tebow-related questions every day of his natural life. IMO, the deck is stacked against him turning the corner.

I also think its more than just the contract that'll keep Mark in there. Tanny and Rex are both invested in him. It's better for them if they win with Sanchez rather than without him due to the picks, players, money, and time invested in this player. When they give up on him, all of that now becomes a mistake. These guys don't like to admit mistakes. And I think they also know that Tebow may create a lot of hype and pressure for Sanchez, but that he's really not going to be a viable option at QB anytime soon.

I think Tannenbaum is married to Sanchez, but I think Rex could give a sh*t who's playing QB as long as they're winning. Maybe it's just me, but if I was going into the fourth year of my first head coaching job, and I've got a weak-link player that I can pretty confidently point to as the albatross holding my team back, I'm throwing that albatross over the rail ASAP. Given Rex's professed major life changes this offseason, I'm guessing that he learned how miserable life is for a mouthy coach that doesn't win big. I think we'll see a lot of urgency from him to keep from having to spend another offseason as ESPN's punching bag.

I'm with this exactly, and we do have opposing predictions for Sanchez. I think the schedule, more than anything, works against him. Four out of the five first weeks, he's facing brutal pass rushes, and Miami's isn't too shabby either. It'll be tough for Sanchez to distance himself performance-wise when he's running for his life.

Bane-Kitty-Is-The-Internets-Reckoning.jpg

I don't see any reason to believe that Tebow won't do what Rex himself said he would--get about twenty snaps per game.

Well, he is the personal protector on the punt team. That's about 17.5 snaps a game right there.

Hannah Storm is loving life right now.

"Hannah Storm in a horrifying, horrifying outfit today. She's got on red go-go boots and a catholic school plaid skirt ... way too short for somebody in her 40s or maybe early 50s by now." [she's 47.] "She's got on her typically very, very tight shirt. She looks like she has sausage casing wrapping around her upper body ... I know she's very good, and I'm not supposed to be critical of ESPN people, so I won't ... but Hannah Storm ... come on now! Stop! What are you doing? ... She's what I would call a Holden Caulfield fantasy at this point." - The only halfway useful thing to ever come out of Tony Kornheisers mouth

"Hannah Storm in a horrifying, horrifying outfit today. She's got on red go-go boots and a catholic school plaid skirt ... way too short for somebody in her 40s or maybe early 50s by now." [she's 47.] "She's got on her typically very, very tight shirt. She looks like she has sausage casing wrapping around her upper body ... I know she's very good, and I'm not supposed to be critical of ESPN people, so I won't ... but Hannah Storm ... come on now! Stop! What are you doing? ... She's what I would call a Holden Caulfield fantasy at this point." - The only halfway useful thing to ever come out of Tony Kornheisers mouth

You're right - I should be sitting in that seat?

Archived