Percy Harvin for a ?

Lego My Lageman

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, so now its DECENT receivers that a QB needs to succeed? Well sh**, Mark has had DECENT receivers ever since he's arrived. Braylon, Tone, Keller, Cotchery.....those guys were pretty much the definition of a DECENT receiving corps.

Aw geez.. ok replace "decent" with "can catch well enough to prove my point"

Aw geez.. ok replace "decent" with "can catch well enough to prove my point"

What IS your point, that better receivers would make Sanchez = Brady? It's retarded. QB's who suck at pre-snap reads, making quick decisions and accurate throws can't be developed into anything more than they are, no matter WHO is on the other end of his throws.

I mean hell, Mark Sanchez had 84 overthrows last season, fourth-most in the NFL. Jets wideouts had 18 drops as a group, tied for seventh-fewest in the NFL. Who's to blame here?

It's no wonder we brought in Tebow, an even worse QB than Sanchez. At least he can occassionally make plays with his legs.

Percy Harvin would be a nice player to get but it is so unecessary. The draft pick spent on him would be alot more useful next year and im not so sure that he would help ths offense all that much. We already have similar players in Holmes and Kerley.

Unless he wants to convert to part time RB than that would be kinda interesting

One at a time.

Brady doesn't put up half the numbers he does without his receivers ..hence why I say add another blue chip to the JETS, (fact is, Brady is so one dimensional it boggles my mind he gets the kudos he does)

and you could make a Brady out of Sanchez.. its a two way street.

Rivers doesn't belong

Rodgers and Brees are the exception, more with Rodgers as he is more mobile.

Manning 1 is was and is very receiver dependent..

Manning 2 is, and in spite of his SB wins, he still isn't his brother.

Stafford is, also.

Without Jerry Rice, Montana isn't near the record holder he is now.

This isn't worth responding to.

What IS your point, that better receivers would make Sanchez = Brady? It's retarded. QB's who suck at pre-snap reads, making quick decisions and accurate throws can't be developed into anything more than they are, no matter WHO is on the other end of his throws.

I mean hell, Mark Sanchez had 84 overthrows last season, fourth-most in the NFL. Jets wideouts had 18 drops as a group, tied for seventh-fewest in the NFL. Who's to blame here?

It's no wonder we brought in Tebow, an even worse QB than Sanchez. At least he can occassionally make plays with his legs.

You certainly have a bloodless grip on the numbers, so it wouldn't do me any good to go down that road..besides, its a

dead end.

I just don't grovel at the feet of these so called *elite* of the *elite* QBs...especially Brady.. meh..to each his own, I try not to

think in absolutes.. in fact Brady wouldn't be where he is unless someone thought outside those numbers you're using.

I happen to believe with a stiffer OL, and a megatron or two, Sanchez would have already won an SB.. You could say the same thing

about several teams/QBs

LOL.

What receivers has Brady "depended" on over the year? Deion Branch? Troy Brown? Those are the guys he won championships with, and they're JAGs. Yes, he's had Randy Moss and Gronk, but in between, he's relied on Welker and a bunch of nobodies.

Peyton Manning has NEVER been receiver-dependent. He's operated with the likes of Brandon Stokely and Pierre Garcon, JAGs themselves, just fine. Reggie Wayne was never the receiver Marvin Harrison was, and in Peyton's last healthy year in Indy, he willed them to another division title with nearly all his receivers injured.

Eli Manning had Hakeem Nicks banged up and "relied" on undrafted free agent Victor Cruz en route to his 2nd super bowl.

Stafford I'll give you. He wouldn't be the same guy if he didn't have Megatron doing what he does. I'd say the only WR's in NFL history who made their QB's (no matter WHO they were) significantly better were Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, Calvin Johnson, and Larry Fitzgerald. End of list.

QB's make the WR's look good FAR more often than the other way around. For evidence of that, look at the list of top receivers in the game and compare how many SB rings they have compared to the top QB's. Its not even close. Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald all have ZERO rings. Greg Jennings has his because he's paired with Aaron Rodgers.

You could give Sanchez the best WR corps in the league and he wouldn't enter the company of anyone on that list.

yes those receivers Brady had were JAGS and that offense did next to nothing with said JAGS Bradys best year with them as his WR's was about 28 TD's Make no mistake that team on 3 SB's because they had the best Defense in the NFL over that 4 year span and they were particularly clutch in the 4th Quarter. While our Defense has been damn good they have choked in the 4th quarter on numerous occasions while the Pats ALWAYS seemed to either make the big play on defense or Make the big stop. The Jets defense has not perfromed to that level PERIOD

When the Jets opened up the 17 -6 lead in the championship game vs Peytpn Manning and the Colts the PAts defense would have closed that game down.

When it comes to WR's no matter how bad you say the Pats WR's were the Jets have them trumped in that category. This team has not had a top of the line chain mover since Keyshawn/Chrebet years. All the years we had a very solid RB in Curtis Martin the Idiot Jets Front office did nothing to improve the explosiveness of our WR corps.

Now we finally have made some moves like drafting Hill and picking up Shilliens but Shil;liens is a question mark and while Hill has a ton of possible upside he is just a rookie. Most of the QB's mentioned have a backfiled full of Pass Catching backs while the Jets have the amazing fumbling Joe Mcknight as out threat out of the back field. That does nothing to help a young QB AT ALL and that has shown itself the past few years. Sanchez has the talent its about time we give him weapons on all three tiers of the offense just like those other QB's have until then stop "JUST:" bl;aming the QB its goes a bit deper than that.

Get a good look at out Back up offensive line tonight and pray they can at least be seviceable because if they are not and we lose a player like Mangold or Moore or even Slauson for just a few games this team will implode and that much I can guarantee

Archived