****The OFFICIAL NY Jets @ Cincinnati Bengals Gameday Thread****

gangreenman

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I noticed this to, he never played under center until he was in the NFL, and even last year I would say at least 40-50% of his snaps were in shotgun, he is very uncomfortable under center still, and it might be something he never gets comfortable with.

Wait, so we have a QB who has to work on his throwing mechanic as well as learn how to play football from under center?

I f'ing love the New York Jets.

So what I'm hearing is - we suck ... yet ... again?

Yes, and it is because of the same reason as always, one side of the ball whether it be D, or O is decent enough to field a winning team, but the other side is trying to fit a square peg into a round hole!

Mangini tried the square peg ino a round hole on D, and now Rex keeps letting O coordinators tailor offenses against his starting QB's strengths, TBH after the last 3 years I don't think Sanchez even remembers how to be himself out there as a QB the Jets F'd him up beyond repair, it's like if someone told Jose Reyes to run different, oh wait that happened to by the only NY sports franchise that is worse than our beloved NYJ's, and yes I am fortunate to be a fan of that piss ass organization.

Good signs:

1. Tebow looked good-ish running an overmatched offense. The differences between him and Sanchez in this area are, as expected, night and day. Improvisation is not a Sanchez strength, but it's where Tebow shines.

2. Coples made a lot of little plays that show you some versatility, and Pettine/Rex are letting him play off the edge, which is where he'll make his money.

3. First string defense overall was balls out, but wore down a little bit there. Could be a recurring theme.

Bad signs:

1. The first string offense was putrid. Zero running room, Greene was useless, Sanchez got sacked twice and was ineffective. 4 completions for about 16 yards is gross.

2. Special teams were brutal.

3. Powell got a lot of opportunities, but didn't do anything. McKnight had a nice run.

Archived