well do you guys have any suggestions

richarddavis220

You cant really suggest much. The odds of finding improvements on the waiver wire are remote. Other than putting Howard in for Hunter this pretty much is what it is. It comes down to coaching and being able to do something with the personnel you have on offense. If Sanchez is going to make the dunce throws the Jets cant be all conservative and expect to win. At that point you have to take a bunch of down the field chances and hope 1 big play gets you a score. If they can get him to be Alex Smith of 2011 then its just about doing enough up front to keep Sanchez from getting hit so hard that he coughs the ball up and finding ways to get Greene to stick his head down and hit the pile running. The team is what it is.

You cant really suggest much. The odds of finding improvements on the waiver wire are remote. Other than putting Howard in for Hunter this pretty much is what it is. It comes down to coaching and being able to do something with the personnel you have on offense. If Sanchez is going to make the dunce throws the Jets cant be all conservative and expect to win. At that point you have to take a bunch of down the field chances and hope 1 big play gets you a score. If they can get him to be Alex Smith of 2011 then its just about doing enough up front to keep Sanchez from getting hit so hard that he coughs the ball up and finding ways to get Greene to stick his head down and hit the pile running. The team is what it is.

i love the jets there is talent out there that would help us,,, but i cant disagree with much more on your post thats for sure

Ive given a few of mine. o-line recs ect................ or are we gonna be just fine?

Yea find a RT who can pass block, a LG who can pull on counter right, and a LT who can run block, and let Sanchez loose, and live, and die with his big plays, and mistakes, not saying he would, but if the Jets pull the shot clock sh*t out of his head, and stop preaching safe maybe by the end of the year Mark might figure it out, and if he doesn't you can at least say you gave him his chance you put all the chips on the table, and you can then evaluate him as a QB who stinks, or someone who finally gets it, you will never know until this happens.

i love the jets there is talent out there that would help us,,, but i cant disagree with much more on your post thats for sure

Competent OL don't generally hit the waiver wire this time of year, and if they do, the Jets have to wait on line. I could see Tanny trying another low pick trade for another OT about to be cut - but that's about it.

Yea. I do; start somebody else at QB and RT

Been admiring your J200 for a few days now.. since I followed you, thought I would throw that in there.

My suggestions are along the lines of inebriating substances, but *obviously* you want to make this about football..

so, instead of a *suggestion*, I'd like to add if we don't put points on the board, and somehow cut it down a bit from 7-10 sacks a half, my first suggestion is the only viable one.

well do you guys have any suggestions

1. Lower expectations. People need to stop thinking this team is going to do anything worthwhile this year.

2. Drink Heavily- A requirement if you're going to force yourself to watch this slapdick offense.

3. Drugs? Why yes. That is a good idea. Especially something that makes you hallucinate. Then you wont feel bad because it wont be real.

4. Quietly root for the Giants. Go ahead and switch teams. Jets have no loyalty to you, so you have no loyalty to them. **** them. You deserve better than this. If this was a spouse, they would be in jail for domestic violence charges due to repeated mental abuse and anguish.

5. Get a restraining order against the Jets that prevents them from coming within 500ft of your eyeballs.

Been admiring your J200 for a few days now.. since I followed you, thought I would throw that in there.

My suggestions are along the lines of inebriating substances, but *obviously* you want to make this about football..

so, instead of a *suggestion*, I'd like to add if we don't put points on the board, and somehow cut it down a bit from 7-10 sacks a half, my first suggestion is the only viable one.

yea she's a sweetheart bro-nicest 6 string acoustic guitar I ever played-I run her and my vocals through a Bose PA the bigger one for larger halls and the small system for everywhere else. The Bose sytems have a little board componnent call the Tone Match where you can actually dial in a Gibson j200 and my Shure Beta 87 mic and it has the exact EQ (as well as any FX you want and a tuner) for whatever instruments you are using-amazing stuff.

1. Lower expectations. People need to stop thinking this team is going to do anything worthwhile this year.

2. Drink Heavily- A requirement if you're going to force yourself to watch this slapdick offense.

3. Drugs? Why yes. That is a good idea. Especially something that makes you hallucinate. Then you wont feel bad because it wont be real.

4. Quietly root for the Giants. Go ahead and switch teams. Jets have no loyalty to you, so you have no loyalty to them. **** them. You deserve better than this. If this was a spouse, they would be in jail for domestic violence charges due to repeated mental abuse and anguish.

5. Get a restraining order against the Jets that prevents them from coming within 500ft of your eyeballs.

lol nice.

The Tom Shane Plan 2013:

1. Ride out the season: Your Jets are going to go 8-8. The defense will be solid, if not spectacular, and the back end of the schedule is weak enough to support a futile run toward a Wild Card that will eventually go to the Bengals.

2. Bump Tannenbaum upstairs to a VP position: The guy is a boob, but Woody loves him because they speak the same language: Money. They need to get Tannenbaum as far away from player evaluation as they can while still having access to his alleged ability to circumvent cap rules.

3. Hire a dynamic young personnel man with a scouting background to be your GM: Scour the staffs of the Giants, Chiefs, Texans, Packers, Niners, etc to locate a true-blue talent evaluator that's ready to take the next step toward running a draft. Give him final say. His first task: fire Terry Bradway.

4. Trade Santonio Holmes: Yes, he's the only receiver of merit on the roster and, yes, he can be good in a good system. But, the Jets won't be a good offense for at least two, probably three years. Holmes is talented, but he's a headache and a distraction who also carries an absurd contract with him. As Jason pointed out, trading him next year isn't only doable, it's advisable.

5. Draft a QB in the second round: Next year's QB crop kinda sucks, with a bunch of guys lined up after Barkley that are pretty similar. Let the new personnel man target a QB prospect and take him in Rd. 2 or 3. Why not the first round, you ask? Because Sanchez is here next year and you're giving him one more chance, whether you like it or not.

6. Fire Matt Cavanaugh, hire Rich Gannon: Cavanaugh is drenched in failure and Sparano shouldn't be allowed near the quarterbacks. Sanchez needs, at least, a different voice in his ear. Gannon knows Sanchez, knows what a puss he is, and could mentor him on a daily basis not just on throwing a football, but also on controlling a huddle and not being a fruit.

7. Trade Tebow: Lock Woody Johnson in a closet and tell him that you have a revolutionary idea--that you can actually earn more headlines by winning than you can by bringing in celebrity personnel that doesn't help you win.

The Tom Shane Plan 2013:

1. Ride out the season: Your Jets are going to go 8-8. The defense will be solid, if not spectacular, and the back end of the schedule is weak enough to support a futile run toward a Wild Card that will eventually to the Bengals.

2. Bump Tannenbaum upstairs to a VP position: The guy is a boob, but Woody loves him because they speak the same language: Money. They need to get Tannenbaum as far away from player evaluation as they can while still having access to his alleged ability to circumvent cap rules.

3. Hire a dynamic young personnel man with a scouting background to be your GM: Scour the staffs of the Giants, Chiefs, Texans, Packers, Niners, etc to locate a true-blue talent evaluator that's ready to take the next step toward running a draft. Give him final say. His first task: fire Terry Bradway.

4. Trade Santonio Holmes: Yes, he's the only receiver of merit on the roster and, yes, he can be good in a good system. But, the Jets won't be a good offense for at least two, probably three years. Holmes is talented, but he's a headache and a distraction who also carries an absurd contract with him. As Jason pointed out, trading him next year isn't only doable, it's advisable.

5. Draft a QB in the second round: Next year's QB crop kinda sucks, with a bunch of guys lined up after Barkley that are pretty similar. Let the new personnel man target a QB prospect and take him in Rd. 2 or 3. Why not the first round, you ask? Because Sanchez is here next year and you're giving him one more chance, whether you like it or not.

6. Fire Matt Cavanaugh, hire Rich Gannon: Cavanaugh is drenched in failure and Sparano shouldn't be allowed near the quarterbacks. Sanchez needs, at least, a different voice in his ear. Gannon knows Sanchez, knows what a puss he is, and could mentor him on a daily basis not just on throwing a football, but also on controlling a huddle and not being a fruit.

7. Trade Tebow: Lock Woody Johnson in a closet and tell him that you have a revolutionary idea--that you can actually earn more headlines by winning than you can by bringing in celebrity personnel that doesn't help you win.

Items 5 & 7 don't really jibe with most of your posts here lately on the QB topic. :/

Otherwise, I agree with most of this. Only problem I have is that I continue to like Rex as a head coach, and I'd want the new personnel man to not only agree to keep him on, but want to.

Items 5 & 7 don't really jibe with most of your posts here lately on the QB topic. :/

Otherwise, I agree with most of this. Only problem I have is that I continue to like Rex as a head coach, and I'd want the new personnel man to not only agree to keep him on, but want to.

I don't like Sanchez or Tebow, but--you're right--the reality is that Sanchez gets one more shot unless he's unholy bad this year. Personally, I think Sanchez's year goes like this: he starts out bad, gets beat up, resulting in a balky knee or shoulder that the Jets exaggerate long enough to sit him for a few games to give Tebow a chance. Tebow will suck, then they go back to Mark in Week Ten, after he "heals."

As for Rex, I think he's shown enough to convince a new GM to let him keep his job.

As for Rex, I think he's shown enough to convince a new GM to let him keep his job.

I don't like Tannenbaum, either, but it's going to be tough to find a quality GM candidate who's willing to not only work for the previous GM, but also to keep his head coach in place. Most of the guys with the talent you'd want there would want to run their own show, and probably have offers to do just that somewhere else.

I don't like Tannenbaum, either, but it's going to be tough to find a quality GM candidate who's willing to not only work for the previous GM, but also to keep his head coach in place. Most of the guys with the talent you'd want there would want to run their own show, and probably have offers to do just that somewhere else.

I think that would be the case if you hired a Polian or Casserly type, but I'm talking about bringing in what is really just a lead scout--essentially what Bradway allegedly does. Basically, I don't think Woody will ever nut up and fire Tannenbaum (the new Steve Gutman), so the new guy will be an empowered co-GM.

I think that would be the case if you hired a Polian or Casserly type, but I'm talking about bringing in what is really just a lead scout--essentially what Bradway allegedly does. Basically, I don't think Woody will ever nut up and fire Tannenbaum (the new Steve Gutman), so the new guy will be an empowered co-GM.

Ive wanted Casserly for years but its not happening.

I have a suggestion to Jets fans. Smile and Laugh

At one point last night I just started laughing, I think it was after Conely's thrid shanked punt for about 19 yards. It was either that or cry.

A lot of people need to subscribe to the idea of being able to laugh, if you can't then you shouldn't watch if the team is as bad as they looked the first 2 preseason games, I started laughing at the 2nd failed FB dive, and the rest was even funnier (IE aggravating).

1st thing i would do is bring Chad Clifton in for a workout, i know he played the left side but anything is better than hunter at this point, secondly trade Hunter for a somewhat decent punter if no one would bite on that then kick his ass to the curb and eat the $.

I am actually considering many of these ideas, and I'm not even close to joking.

Suggestions are meaningless because the one thing that needs fixing is the quarterback spot, and unless we're going to be giving McElroy or Simms a bunch of snaps, acquiring a QB would involve declaring a mulligan on the Sanchez extension, the Tebow trade, and the 2012 draft, not to mention surrendering whatever compensation would be needed to get end up with someone as untested as Kirk Cousins or as uninspiring as Colt McCoy. So I guess my suggestion is to enjoy the defense and change the channel whenever we're on offense.

Archived