Acceptance Is The key

SoFlaJets

The Jets are a disaster. The only problem we didn't have last year was a QB controversy and now we have that. It has been a long time since I cared this little about a football season.

Yeah, the entire team was a problem. That's why it took a collapse to land at 8-8. Holy ****, Rex must be the best coach in the ***damn universe if he took a team with every possible problem to a .500 record.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ignoring the original post I responded to.

The claim was that no moves have been made in the past 2 years as far as the receiver group goes.

The moves made were Holmes, Burress, Mason, Kerley, Shillens, Hill, White. That's 7.

You want to discount White? I'm cool with that.

As far as Hill is concerned, we all know you can (and will) pick apart any draft pick we make... regardless of talent. Doesn't change the fact that he was in the top 5 WR on almost everyone's rankings.

Problem is with a passing "attack" designed to throw short dumpoffs and quick short plays in the flats, there's no point in overpaying Holmes or any WR because the Jets by design don't throw often and rarely more than 3-7 yards. WHat I don't get is if that's the idea of Ground & Pound, it's inexcusable to have this sh*tty an OL. Signing the perpetually-hurt Shillens could be the most pointless FA signing in NFL history. Where there no decent TEs nor OL guys? Kenneth Boss was out there and Tannebaum did nothing.

The Jets are a disaster. The only problem we didn't have last year was a QB controversy and now we have that. It has been a long time since I cared this little about a football season.

I've thought about you for a long time on this subject bro, I used to wonder "man, what happened to BTJF" I thought maybe you just kind of got sick of posting the SOS, now I think I understand: it just gets old after a while, you give your heart and soul as well as a lot of hard-earned bucks to this thing you have always loved only to find it's not worth what you give to what you GET out of this team. Jim and Guns too. If my wife and son hadn't insisted I wouldn't have spent the $ on the Sunday Package on DTV-now I'm almost FORCED to watch the games.

and Stoic just reinforces my point-I have nothing personal against the guy and don't mean to single him out as a way of putting him down but arguing this stuff w/him reminds me of the political arguments we used to read on Jets Insider around the 2000 election and then 9/11

To the harsh reality Jets fans, that once again, we ain't winning or going TO a Super Bowl in 2012/13. We are not even MAKING the playoffs...again. This team needs a new General Manager, one who can actually SEE what the team needs and then goes out and gets that player or players at those positions. I know, I know, some here will cite the drafting of Mangold and Revis at Mike Tannenbaum's genius and that some of the kids on the D-line show promise, but it's not enough.

How could anyone who is supposed to be one of the top GMs in the league not address the OL and the receiver position two years in a row? The Safety slots were finally shored up but for how long, and can Landry stay healthy? Now I know that someone is going to go and bullet point every line of this post and then another is going to call me a negative anti-Jets crusader-have at it, but anybody with half a football shaped brain can see what is happening here with this team and IT IS NOT GOOD. 5-11, 6-10, MAYBE if we're lucky 7 wins.

I frigging hate being right about something like this-I WANT ANOTHER JETS SB APPEARANCE!!!!!

I'm not saying you are wrong about Mike T, but don't discount the OWNER!

All Woody cares about is attention, and headlines, Mike T's hands could be tied on a lot of these moves leaving him with little else to do.

I'm gonna say it's a 50/50 combo of both.

All Woody cares about is attention, and headlines, Mike T's hands could be tied on a lot of these moves leaving him with little else to do.

I don't know Lupz-it SEEMS like Woody does have an open wallet thing with his GM-where have we ever heard about him saying you only have this much to spend (like we found out that the Dolphins had the last couple of years under Sparano) policy. Then again, it DOES seem like that mostly applies when it comes down to the QB position...Pennington and his big contract, the Favre headline grabbing thing, the going out to LA with the guys to court Sanchez and now Tebow-so yea you could have something there

I couldnt agree more about Woody. if he didnt own the Jets he would be ''just another rich guy''. he LOVES THE ATTENTION. and cares little about really winning a superbowl. I have to continuously here from Giants fans that ''all we do is win superbowls''.

Jimmy, lol..I boycotted the Jets last year and didnt go to one game. I'm going to Miami and am probably going to go to one or two home games this year.

I dont put too much into the pre-season. take a deep breath (inhale/exhale) click your heels 3 times and say theres nothing like commiserating with Jets fans.

Yeah, the entire team was a problem. That's why it took a collapse to land at 8-8. Holy ****, Rex must be the best coach in the ***damn universe if he took a team with every possible problem to a .500 record.

It's the way they collapsed..lol..I wouldnt be bragging about it. its more shameful than something to be proud of. I think you could probably spin a positive point about how fecal matter smells good, couldnt you?

Jimmy, lol..I boycotted the Jets last year and didnt go to one game. I'm going to Miami and am probably going to go to one or two home games this year.

I dont put too much into the pre-season. take a deep breath (inhale/exhale) click your heels 3 times and say theres nothing like commiserating with Jets fans.

It's the way they collapsed..lol..I wouldnt be bragging about it. its more shameful than something to be proud of. I think you could probably spin a positive point about how fecal matter smells good, couldnt you?

You boycotted them BEFORE they "collapsed"? Why? AFC Championship Game isn't enough? You quit until they win it all and then you will tell everybody I've been rooting for them forever?

You boycotted them BEFORE they "collapsed"? Why? AFC Championship Game isn't enough? You quit until they win it all and then you will tell everybody I've been rooting for them forever?

LOL! I boycotted going to the games. (I hate that new stadium). I still watched every game. where did you formulate that opinion from those posts? you're putting words in my mouth that I never said.

LOL! I boycotted going to the games. (I hate that new stadium). I still watched every game. where did you formulate that opinion from those posts? you're putting words in my mouth that I never said.

It was a question based on the facts as stated. "I boycotted" and they had a "shameful collapse". The first post seemed to be a more rational attempt to talk Jimmy off the ledge, but he's been there before and survived. If I were sure you'd boycotted based on team performance there wouldn't have been any question marks, just a profanity laced tirade!

I'm not on any ledge Dom-All I'm saying is this team has a lot of problems and what is baffling to this long timer is they made no SERIOUS attempt to fix them. This is a thread just stating a very high probability assumption that these Jets are NOT going to a SB-again, or even making the playoffs-again, and that we need to get rid of the next guy in line (before Rex) to get rid of Tannenbaum-who else is there? Matt Cavanaugh will not sate the angry hunger of the pitchfork wielding crowd come January, so it's either Fire Rex or Fire Tannenbaum

I'm not on any ledge Dom-All I'm saying is this team has a lot of problems and what is baffling to this long timer is they made no SERIOUS attempt to fix them. This is a thread just stating a very high probability assumption that these Jets are NOT going to a SB-again, or even making the playoffs-again, and that we need to get rid of the next guy in line (before Rex) to get rid of Tannenbaum-who else is there? Matt Cavanaugh will not sate the angry hunger of the pitchfork wielding crowd come January, so it's either Fire Rex or Fire Tannenbaum

Okay, but can we wait until September before we get the torches and pitchforks? Just this once?

Okay, but can we wait until September before we get the torches and pitchforks? Just this once?

I can see the mob forming around Halloween-I figure that's about the time that Sanchez plays in his last start as the Jets QB and either Tim Tebow or Greg McElroy will lead the troops to a Lucas-esque season comeback

I can see the mob forming around Halloween-I figure that's about the time that Sanchez plays in his last start as the Jets QB and either Tim Tebow or Greg McElroy will lead the troops to a Lucas-esque season comeback

If that's the play they want to put on, the script is already written. The second half schedule looks much more favorable than the first.

That said, I don't see it. Surely the Jets know how the second half of their schedule looks on paper, and I expect them to give Sanchez every opportunity to get his sh*t together under Sparano - and learning a new offense generally takes a little adjustment. Just don't believe the Jets gave him him the contract extension they did just to pull him mid-year. The fans may very well get cranky, but the Jets have a lot invested in picks, players, and money in Sanchez. They're not going to yank him until they know for certain (not fan certain) that he just can't do the job.

It certainly is a weird feeling this year. This is definitely the most down I've been on this team since Herm's last year and the decision to draft a kicker early.

What's funny is generally when the media/public think the Jets are going to suck and I expect them to surprise people. We arent sneaking up on anyone this season, and the offense is just as bad as I've seen from a Jets team since 2005( which was brutal itself).

The defense going to have to be perfect every week for this team to be competitive.

I have accepted the fact that we're gonna lose in the 2nd round of the playoffs. Sucks, but that's what happens when you have beastly defense but no QB.

The 49ers are our eskimo brothers.

Niners play in a crap division. Smith is better than Sanchez and he actually has guys to hand off to and throw to.

Smith is better than Sanchez and he actually has guys to hand off to and throw to.

First part true, but second part won't be this year. Frank Gore is going to hit the wall this year (leaving a less-than-impressive RBBC of Kendall Hunter, Brandon Jacobs, Anthony Dixon and LaMichael James), and the Niners receiving corps isn't that great. Vernon Davis is maddeningly inconsistent and their WR's are teh suck outside of Crabtree.

First part true, but second part won't be this year. Frank Gore is going to hit the wall this year (leaving a less-than-impressive RBBC of Kendall Hunter, Brandon Jacobs, Anthony Dixon and LaMichael James), and the Niners receiving corps isn't that great. Vernon Davis is maddeningly inconsistent and their WR's are teh suck outside of Crabtree.

Im sorry but those skill position players are much, much better than the garbage the Jets are trotting out. Gore on his last legs is still a better runner/pass catcher than Greene. Jacobs is a good 1b back and James is clearly the wildcard. He'd be the most explosive player on the Jets roster.

Manningham would start for the Jets. Vernon Davis would be the Jets best player on offense. The drafted another WR Jenkins in the first round....the Niners made moves this offseason.

The Jets brought in Tim tebow and Chaz Schillens(WHO?)

Archived