Mike and Mike think the Jets will suck

Pac

They both pegged the Jets at 6-10. Why do people think that is far fetched?

2009 Rushing Yards per game: 172

2010: 148

2011: 105

We want to ground and pound? The 3 year slide in rushing numbers are as clear as day.

And we have the worst RT in the league protecting a very average QB....in a QB driven league.

The defense will be very good but this sh*tty offense typically will force the Jets defense to be on the field all freakin day long and eventually that will cost them.

While it's not the worst thing ESPN puts out, it's certainly not good. For people who have spent so much time of their life in sports, playing or broadcasting, it's amazing how obtuse they can be. These are the type of guys who still think wins is one of the best indicators for cy young voting; it's taken years to hear a single one of them (anyone in mainstream sports) mention WHIP or any type of fielding independent stats. I've listened to them plenty, but they are just prozaced versions of Boomer and Carton.

**Guess I should answer the OP. I don't disagree with the entire premise, but I'll wait to see the next two preseason games and hell, maybe at least one game of the regular season before I write them off. They're not gonna be world beaters, but even if they sneak in the postseason with 9 wins, anything can happen come playoff time.

OK so let me ask for 1,000th time without an answer. And I will yell since everyone is ignoring the damn question otherwise:

IN WHAT WAYS DID THIS TEAM GET WORSE DURING THE OFFSEASON?

I'll give you some positions they improved at: FS, SS, MLB, DE.

They kept Sanchez, duh.

OK so let me ask for 1,000th time without an answer. And I will yell since everyone is ignoring the damn question otherwise:

Dude, they were an 8-8 team last year - dont act like they were 11-5.

This offense is going to be below average. Regardless of the improvements on D, this offense will be so inept that it will adversely effect the D, who will spend way too much time on the field - eventually that will show.

Name one guy on our offense that opposing D coordinators have to worry about. I'm not even saying a guy that will keep opposing D coordinators awake at night. Just someone on our O that could cause concern for opposing teams........oh right, we don't have one.

Name one guy on our offense that opposing D coordinators have to worry about. I'm not even saying a guy that will keep opposing D coordinators awake at night. Just someone on our O that could cause concern for opposing teams........oh right, we don't have one.

Holmes, Keller, Tebow (via WildTim), Green if he returns to rookie form, perhaps Hill if we're lucky.

I swear some of you guys act like we're not scoring a TD this year... it's ridiculous.

Typically, we're never as good as we think we're gonna be and vice versa, are never as bad as we think we're going to be. I prefer the later, as we are a team that notoriously performs bad when the favorite.

I don't think we're going to be worse than last year, I think we're a 7-7 team based on how inept our offense looks and there's always going to be those 2 games that can go either way. I'll err on the side of optimism and say we go 9-7 and hopefully sneak into the playoffs, because that's where anything can happen. The most important thing in my mind, is to stay the course, don't trade any picks and don't throw money at any aging luxury signings. Wait until the off-season when we can finally unload some poor contracts and rebuild the correct way. If sanchez actually shows development, great, we have him for another year and we can fill spots the correct way for once. The absolute worse thing we can do is overreact to a poor start, trade a mid to high round pick on a player who's going to want a big contract, just to try to satiate the owner or fan base and set us back a few more years. Poor seasons don't linger for a few years, really poor signings can hurt you for a while though.

Because of the schedule and the defense, I think they win 8 games.

But could definitely see this a 6 win team with this offense. High side 10 in the slight chance they arent this bad.

If they can get to the opposing QB, and take the air out of the ball when our offense is on the field... they'll win games. Proven formula, even in Goodell's pinball era where tackling is a Federal Offense.

And greenie is a fan of this team, at least he's not a blind homer.

On the show, he typically tries to be a little biased against the jets, to show that he's not a homer. However, when he gets pushed or on game day, he's typically just like the rest of us. Fanhood is a disease, no one is immune from it. Except those bastards that are just fans of the NFL and not a team; I have friends like that and they always seem so happy just watching footall every sunday, regardless of the outcome. F*** them amirite!?

QB, RT and WR to name 2. Our QB because his regressing and WR because we don't have a #2. RT because our division got better pass rush wise and we didn't improve.

Our defense is going to be VERY good... for the 1st 30 minutes a game they are on the field. However, they are going to play 35 minutes a game and that's going to wear them down.

Except Abbott & Costello weren't lame. But I see where you were trying to go with this... and agree.

Yes, absolutely no slight to A & C.

The only thing missing on ESPN regarding Mike & Mike is the advertisment when they are rotating in the bottom of the screen with body language saying how much they hate each other and love each other at the same.

Holmes, Keller, Tebow (via WildTim), Green if he returns to rookie form, perhaps Hill if we're lucky.

I swear some of you guys act like we're not scoring a TD this year... it's ridiculous.

No disrespect, seriously. But you must be 16 years old because you sound clueless with respect to the Jets offense.

Holmes: Without a real QB able to consistently get him the ball + a ground and pound offensive philosophy means he will pout like a b1tch.....like he did last year.

Green: He scares no one. He can't catch the ball out of the back field. He is not elusive. Can't wait to see him against 8 man fronts.

Hill: He is a rookie WR - they typically take time to develop. Considering GA Tech's offensive scheme and the fact he only caught 49 passes in 3 years there - he will likely

take a couple of years to develop.

Keller: Our best weapon, like him a lot. But elite he is not.

Tebow: If you have two QBs in this league, you dont have one.

No disrespect, seriously. But you must be 16 years old because you sound clueless with respect to the Jets offense.

Holmes: Without a real QB able to consistently get him the ball + a ground and pound offensive philosophy means he will pout like a b1tch.....like he did last year.

Green: He scares no one. He can't catch the ball out of the back field. He is not elusive. Can't wait to see him against 8 man fronts.

Hill: He is a rookie WR - they typically take time to develop. Considering GA Tech's offensive scheme and the fact he only caught 49 passes in 3 years there - he will likely

take a couple of years to develop.

Keller: Our best weapon, like him a lot. But elite he is not.

Tebow: If you have two QBs in this league, you dont have one.

You can break the players down individually, but it's probably better to look at the group as a whole.

The team was #13 in the league in PPG. That's top half. Inflated a bit because of good field position but that's not a bad result at all. Just hope they can duplicate that, get rid of the pick 6's, and step up a bit on defense. Seems a likely scenario.

Dude, they were an 8-8 team last year - dont act like they were 11-5.

This offense is going to be below average. Regardless of the improvements on D, this offense will be so inept that it will adversely effect the D, who will spend way too much time on the field - eventually that will show.

8-8 last year but the stark reality is this:

1. In the Raiders Game we were up 17-7....and the Defense led by Mr. Rex, sh*t the bed and we ended up losing the game!

2. In the Giants game we HELD the eventual SB winning team to it's lowest offense performance all year, we were winning that game when ooppps...the Defense could not stop CRUZ!

3. Now in the Denver game, we were winning until Tebow----Tebowed us with 50 seconds left because our Defense again sh*t the bed.

I know some here will point to the fact that our offense did not help the D out in those games because they didn't perform and the D was over used...but the reality is if our D did perform for 60 minutes, while the offense had given them the lead (as shown above), then we are 11-5 and in the playoffs AGAIN.

We need to look at our Jets Objectively...and the real reason why our running numbers have gone down is two fold (No Thomas Jones!!!) and the FO wanting Sanchez to be like Brady. That's reality folks.

8-8 last year but the stark reality is this:

1. In the Raiders Game we were up 17-7....and the Defense led by Mr. Rex, sh*t the bed and we ended up losing the game!

2. In the Giants game we HELD the eventual SB winning team to it's lowest offense performance all year, we were winning that game when ooppps...the Defense could not stop CRUZ!

3. Now in the Denver game, we were winning until Tebow----Tebowed us with 50 seconds left because our Defense again sh*t the bed.

I know some here will point to the fact that our offense did not help the D out in those games because they didn't perform and the D was over used...but the reality is if our D did perform for 60 minutes, while the offense had given them the lead (as shown above), then we are 11-5 and in the playoffs AGAIN.

We need to look at our Jets Objectively...and the real reason why our running numbers have gone down is two fold (No Thomas Jones!!!) and the FO wanting Sanchez to be like Brady. That's reality folks.

You forgot to add the gift we received from Tony Ohno

that game should have had an L next to it

Yes, absolutely no slight to A & C.

The only thing missing on ESPN regarding Mike & Mike is the advertisment when they are rotating in the bottom of the screen with body language saying how much they hate each other and love each other at the same.

Haha, good call.

FamilyGuyShovingBuddies.jpg

On the show, he typically tries to be a little biased against the jets, to show that he's not a homer. However, when he gets pushed or on game day, he's typically just like the rest of us. Fanhood is a disease, no one is immune from it. Except those bastards that are just fans of the NFL and not a team; I have friends like that and they always seem so happy just watching footall every sunday, regardless of the outcome. F*** them amirite!?

Yeah, screw those guys.

you homers need to realize our offense is putrid... worst offense in the league

Good they aren't, but they hyperbole is a bit ridiculous. Bottom half the league most likely, but teams like seatle, denver, minny, cleveland, tampa bay, indy, zona, KC, chicago, jacksonville and st. louis were all worse last year, doubt they all jump ahead of us. Christ, imagine being arizona who just lost their starting LT for the season and just realized the QB they spent big money and draft picks on is teh suck and are looking at starting John freaking Skelton.

Good they aren't, but they hyperbole is a bit ridiculous. Bottom half the league most likely, but teams like seatle, denver, minny, cleveland, tampa bay, indy, zona, KC, chicago, jacksonville and st. louis were all worse last year, doubt they all jump ahead of us. Christ, imagine being arizona who just lost their starting LT for the season and just realized the QB they spent big money and draft picks on is teh suck and are looking at starting John freaking Skelton.

sounds like Jests to me, Sanchize is ze Suk and so it starting RT

You can break the players down individually, but it's probably better to look at the group as a whole.

The team was #13 in the league in PPG. That's top half. Inflated a bit because of good field position but that's not a bad result at all. Just hope they can duplicate that, get rid of the pick 6's, and step up a bit on defense. Seems a likely scenario.

I don't know about likely, but it's certainly in the realm of possibility.

Defense really needs to be better, particularly about forcing 3 & outs and turnovers. Improving the excellent field position the offense was gifted with last year will be key.

Archived