Interesting Rex quote regarding Stephen Hill

Matt39

Rex on Stephen Hill

"Well, nothing told me he would (contribute)," Ryan told Don Banks of Sports Illustrated. "Nothing. When I saw the tape (of his collegiate play) I was concerned. But (Jets general manager) Mike Tannenbaum and (senior personnel executive) Terry Brady and all our scouts were adamant about this guy. They were adamant that this guy can do it.

"He can run all these routes, he had good hands and he's got 4.2 speed at 6-foot-5. He was the guy they all wanted, but honestly, when it came down to it, a wideout? Not my dream pick. But now that we have him, of course, I want to claim him: 'Oh, that was my pick.' But it really wasn't."

lol,why did that thread got locked? Weird.

Its definitely worth noting. 3 years down the line and if Hill is catching 25 balls a season, Rex will have no problem saying I told you so.

It got locked because the OP was either trolling or is an illiterate hill person.

I'll be happy if the team gets anything out of Hill this year. The best case scenario is him stretching the defense the way Braylon did in 2010.

lol,why did that thread got locked? Weird.

Its definitely worth noting. 3 years down the line and if Hill is catching 25 balls a season, Rex will have no problem saying I told you so.

That thread was locked because it was turning in to a bash fest focused on the original poster for misrepresenting what was actually said....

That thread was locked because it was turning in to a bash fest focused on the original poster for misrepresenting what was actually said....

dont agree with locking that at all, but ok.

Please keep this one open. I thought the quote could be taken a few different ways

Hill will be one of the real interesting stories of this season. I think relying on him to contribute right away is a mistake and is more the product of mismanaging the position for three years. But, if Hill figures it out by the end of this year, it could look like a good pick down the road.

Hill was almost as good a pick as Coples as far as draft day hype is concerned. Say the Pats, Packers, Steelers, Giants, or 49ers (the new it team it seems) land even one of these guys and we'd hear about how they're machines who just know how to operate on a winning level.

Hill was almost as good a pick as Coples as far as draft day hype is concerned. Say the Pats, Packers, Steelers, Giants, or 49ers (the new it team it seems) land even one of these guys and we'd hear about how they're machines who just know how to operate on a winning level.

I wonder why the Jets don't get the benefit of the doubt. It's so weird. So weird.

"He can run all these routes, he had good hands and he's got 4.2 speed at 6-foot-5. He was the guy they all wanted, but honestly, when it came down to it, a wideout? Not my dream pick. But now that we have him, of course, I want to claim him: 'Oh, that was my pick.' But it really wasn't."

He wouldn't've drafted a WR, but now that he sees a fast 6'5" guy who can catch the football, he wants to claim that Hill was his pick all along. Yeah, I can see how the table is being set here.

I wonder why the Jets don't get the benefit of the doubt. It's so weird. So weird.

Didn't hire a steely glare HC like a Harbaugh? Their GM didn't get out of Chad Pennington East what the 49ers got out of Chad Pennington West? Jets missed their chance at Evander Hood? Dont have a town built around them and cheese? WHY T0M?

Archived