come get your fresh crow here

Larz

I didn't buy into the preseason pessimism, but I DID buy into the Sanchez-related pessimism dating back to when he was throwing INT's to linemen.

I'm prepared to eat crow today. That was a terrific performance by Sanchez and the entire offense. Question is, does this mean the lighbulb has officially gone on for him? Next week @ Pittsburgh will a superb litmus test.

For now, I'll say he did a great job, and I couldn't be happier today.

I am not due a serving of crow, either now or anytime soon. I had a lot of belief that this would be a very good team and that we would obliterate the Bills.

That being said, it's week one. Stop with the "I told you so" threads when you know as well as I do that it's possible the Steelers D destroys Sanchez and our offense next week.

I didn't buy into the preseason pessimism, but I DID buy into the Sanchez-related pessimism dating back to when he was throwing INT's to linemen.

I'm prepared to eat crow today. That was a terrific performance by Sanchez and the entire offense. Question is, does this mean the lighbulb has officially gone on for him? Next week @ Pittsburgh will a superb litmus test.

For now, I'll say he did a great job, and I couldn't be happier today.

This!

Im pumped for next week though! Im really curious to see how this plays out. I think we will learn a lot next week.

So let me get this right. We had numerous people bashing Sanchez for years, but specifically this preseason, yet some people said that all he needed was a solid RT/O-line, Braylon Edwards (a big body that can stretch the field....like what Stephen Hill did today) and a competent OC and he'd be able to put up the numbers we're looking for.

Instead, people who made the statement above ^^^^^^^^^ got mocked, laughed at etc. Trolls and sanchez haters (haters will remain nameless) came to Jetnation just to talk nonsense about Sanchez accuracy, inability to throw the ball down the field, cant score points because of the "preaseason" and to compare college stats between Tim Tebow, Peyton Manning and John Elway as a case on why he should be starting over Sanchez. Oh, and the famous "Russel Wilson is better than Mark Sanchez".

Then, game 3 of the preseason...Austin Howard mans up and we got a RT. Week 1 Stephen Hill lives up to the potential and all of a sudden the Jets are "for some reason" able to throw the ball down the field, and put up 34 points on offense, with 14 points coming from the defense and special teams combined. The offense if im correct scored on every single bills turnover.

So, I get out of work and im listening to the SHOCK of the non believers as the Jets explode on offense simply because they have a O-line that can protect the QB, a WR who can stretch the field and a OC who isnt Schitty.

Whats worse is that I make it to Jetnation and im expecting to see the trolls (yeah right) and the other people who laughed at the poeple who said that "Sanchez is a good QB" would have somewhat of a change of heart. Instead I see no trolls making threads. I see no Sanchez bashing, but more importantly, I see the sanchez haters not around....NOTHING.

Sup? Cat gotcha tongue?

I cant wait till november so I can say "I told you so" to a few of you sanchez non believers ( you now who you are). Sanchez is going to have a breakout year because he has help.

It's funny how having time to throw makes a QB exponentially better. No more chucking and ducking or dumping off without looking downfield when you actually have a frontside tackle who can block.

Funny how that happens right? I also find it funny how for 3 years many have been bitching about schitty and the first game under a New OC the offense puts up 34 points.

Funny how so many people were hating on Braylon Edwards to be resigned so he can be the big target who can stretch the field and the Jets luck up on potential and draft Hill and all of a sudden Sanchez can throw the ball down the field again, just like he was able to do when Braylon was here.

Though I actually wanted Jeffery over Hill while picking up Edwards via FA, the fact of the matter is that we got a WR who can stretch the field in order to actually have a deep threat. Not a Plaxico Burress who's only relevant between the 20's. Funny how teams will eventually realize that they cant continue to double team Holmes because Kerley will eat them up from underneath and Hill will crush them from over the top.

Its funny how all this happened after a month of media hate and internet trolls.

Whats even funnier is how no one wants to eat crow tonight. Just 7 comments,...really? lol.

Funny how that happens right? I also find it funny how for 3 years many have been bitching about schitty and the first game under a New OC the offense puts up 34 points.

Funny how so many people were hating on Braylon Edwards to be resigned so he can be the big target who can stretch the field and the Jets luck up on potential and draft Hill and all of a sudden Sanchez can throw the ball down the field again, just like he was able to do when Braylon was here.

Though I actually wanted Jeffery over Hill while picking up Edwards via FA, the fact of the matter is that we got a WR who can stretch the field in order to actually have a deep threat. Not a Plaxico Burress who's only relevant between the 20's. Funny how teams will eventually realize that they cant continue to double team Holmes because Kerley will eat them up from underneath and Hill will crush them from over the top.

Its funny how all this happened after a month of media hate and internet trolls.

Whats even funnier is how no one wants to eat crow tonight. Just 7 comments,...really? lol.

I'll eat about half a crow tonight. Sanchez played good, but the Bills suck and I expected us to win the game. Never got where all the Bills were gonna destroy us predictions came from. Still its early on in the season, and if the Sanchez plays good against the Steelers I'll eat the whole thing.

It's funny how having time to throw makes a QB exponentially better. No more chucking and ducking or dumping off without looking downfield when you actually have a frontside tackle who can block.

Hunter, Schitty & No deep threat ruined last season. Presumably, that should be the theme until proved otherwise.

Its one game, but I didnt expect our offense to be able to play this well at all this year.

I didnt think we had the QB, RB, WR, TE, O-Line or coaching to get this team to click on offense. We did today. And Im happy.

But... its only 1 game still. A win. 1-0. But if we regress back to where we've been in the past all this happiness and joy will disappear quickly. Dont forget what happened after we kicked KC's ass last year.

So, as I promised, here I am (if I lost 150 lbs) with my dinner. :-D

eat-crow.jpg

I'll eat about half a crow tonight. Sanchez played good, but the Bills suck and I expected us to win the game. Never got where all the Bills were gonna destroy us predictions came from. Still its early on in the season, and if the Sanchez plays good against the Steelers I'll eat the whole thing.

You have half a crow left on your plate. You're not finished. Though its the bills you NEVER expected for the offense to play so well. Thats the point of eating crow my friend. Eat the whole thing. Thats what happens when you get a competent OC, a RT and a WR that can stretch the freakin field.

You have half a crow left on your plate. You're not finished. Though its the bills you NEVER expected for the offense to play so well. Thats the point of eating crow my friend. Eat the whole thing. Thats what happens when you get a competent OC, a RT and a WR that can stretch the freakin field.

No one did, not even you would think they would score 48 points. I still have my doubts in Sanchez and one game isn't going to change that. I expected the Jets to win the game, so I don't see how your trying to get me to eat the whole crow. Like I said if Sanchez plays good against the steelers then yeah, I'll eat crow, but if he doesn't, and he probably won't, your going to be having to eat your own crow soon.

No one did, not even you would think they would score 48 points. I still have my doubts in Sanchez and one game isn't going to change that. I expected the Jets to win the game, so I don't see how your trying to get me to eat the whole crow. Like I said if Sanchez plays good against the steelers then yeah, I'll eat crow, but if he doesn't, and he probably won't, your going to be having to eat your own crow soon.

Sound just like a typical "SOJ" jet fan.

It didnt matter what I thought, given that my thoughts on this offense was rather positive while people not trying to "have their humble pie and eat it too" was extremely pessimistic or made excuses at the very least.

Crow bro, that's it.

I said 41.

Do i win?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived