Confirmed yet again: The *Patriots CHEAT

JonEJet

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=3408450

Tucker agrees with Walsh: Patriots practiced with IR players

Ross Tucker, a former offensive lineman who played for five teams in a seven-year NFL career, reiterated Thursday that he believes that New England used players on the injured reserve list in practices, which violates league rules.

Former Patriots video assistant Matt Walsh, in a meeting with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell last week, said that a Patriots player on injured reserve practiced when he wasn't allowed to in 2001.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said Thursday, "The Walsh allegation is still under review."

The Patriots, when contacted by ESPN Thursday, had no comment.

Tucker continued to contend the Patriots used injured players illegally during an interview on ESPN's "NFL Live." He first wrote about it last week on SI.com.

Tucker told "NFL Live" that Patriots coach Bill Belichick will do anything he can "to get an advantage." He also added that using a player on injured reserve in practice was of "minimal" benefit.

Last Friday, in an article published on SI.com, Tucker wrote that: "I had heard the Patriots did this before I signed with them in 2005 and I saw it firsthand during my time there. I asked veteran receiver Troy Brown about it one time and he responded, 'Every team in the league does that.' I quickly let him know none of the three teams I played for previously had done so.

"Basically, the Patriots would put a player on IR, knowing it meant he couldn't play in a game or practice with the team for the remainder of the season. By skirting the rules and practicing him anyway, it allowed them to develop his skills during the year. A side benefit is that they were also able to give some of the older players less repetitions and, therefore, additional rest."

Tucker played with Washington, Dallas, Buffalo, New England and Cleveland during his career. He currently writes for SI.com and hosts a show on Sirius satellite radio.

Breaking a rule in practice is hardly as bad as cheating in an actual game. Your reachin a bit with this man

Not as bad as cheating, but not a reach either. Basically this allows Belicheat to develop players without having to carry them on the roster or PS. Think about it this way: Rex could have cheated and placed White on IR when he was injured during the preseason and then practice/develop him all season long instead of bouncing him on and off the PS (while also preventing him signing elsewhere). It's not on the scale of blatantly cheating during a game, but it is an advantage of developing players that you would not normally be able to do.

Also, if it was Rex that was caught cheating here, the Jets would have been stripped of draft picks and Rex suspended for a game.

Not as bad as cheating, but not a reach other. Basically this allows Belicheat to develop players without having to carry them on the roster or PS. Think about it this way: Rex could have cheated and placed White on IR when he was injured during the preseason and then practice/develop him all season long instead of bouncing him on and off the PS (while also preventing him signing elsewhere). It's not on the scale of blatantly cheating during a game, but it is an advantage of developing players that you would not normally be able to do.

Also, if it was Rex that was caught cheating here, the Jets would have been stripped of draft picks and Rex suspended for a game.

Yeah I know what your saying Im just saying it a bit different than the blatent cheating during an actual game to skew it in your favor.

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=3408450

Tucker agrees with Walsh: Patriots practiced with IR players

Ross Tucker, a former offensive lineman who played for five teams in a seven-year NFL career, reiterated Thursday that he believes that New England used players on the injured reserve list in practices, which violates league rules.

Former Patriots video assistant Matt Walsh, in a meeting with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell last week, said that a Patriots player on injured reserve practiced when he wasn't allowed to in 2001.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said Thursday, "The Walsh allegation is still under review."

The Patriots, when contacted by ESPN Thursday, had no comment.

Tucker continued to contend the Patriots used injured players illegally during an interview on ESPN's "NFL Live." He first wrote about it last week on SI.com.

Tucker told "NFL Live" that Patriots coach Bill Belichick will do anything he can "to get an advantage." He also added that using a player on injured reserve in practice was of "minimal" benefit.

Last Friday, in an article published on SI.com, Tucker wrote that: "I had heard the Patriots did this before I signed with them in 2005 and I saw it firsthand during my time there. I asked veteran receiver Troy Brown about it one time and he responded, 'Every team in the league does that.' I quickly let him know none of the three teams I played for previously had done so.

"Basically, the Patriots would put a player on IR, knowing it meant he couldn't play in a game or practice with the team for the remainder of the season. By skirting the rules and practicing him anyway, it allowed them to develop his skills during the year. A side benefit is that they were also able to give some of the older players less repetitions and, therefore, additional rest."

Tucker played with Washington, Dallas, Buffalo, New England and Cleveland during his career. He currently writes for SI.com and hosts a show on Sirius satellite radio.

Updated 23 May 2008.

JonE you are the cutting edge of breaking news.

This just shows how sad and pathetic JN can be.

We're talking about practice man. We're talking about practice. We're talking about practice. We're not talking about the game. We're talking about practice.

the worst part of spygate were the allegations made by casserly that the pats would send waterboys into the opponents locker room after the they left to go onto the field to look at the chalkboards for last second strategies

or was it the mysterious extra frequency for the QB helmets at ratsboro ? what was that for ?

or was it opponents QB headsets going out on late drives in the 4th Q ?

bottom line is brady isn't as cluth in big games when he doesn't know the defense ahead of time

makes you go hmmmmmmm

the worst part of spygate were the allegations made by casserly that the pats would send waterboys into the opponents locker room after the they left to go onto the field to look at the chalkboards for last second strategies

or was it the mysterious extra frequency for the QB helmets at ratsboro ? what was that for ?

or was it opponents QB headsets going out on late drives in the 4th Q ?

bottom line is brady isn't as cluth in big games when he doesn't know the defense ahead of time

makes you go hmmmmmmm

Its-A-Conspiracy.jpg

Its-A-Conspiracy.jpg

I thought you would go with mangini as the rat from godfather.

either way, it must suck that you can't brag about the hardware on the innerwebz because everyone considers them asterisked. yup. even browns fans and panthers fans lol at you gals.

well, unless cheating doesn't bother you than you picked the right team

it would kill me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EU1O-hGxgg

Can be? It is. This thread added nothing to that.

Really? The Jets could be on the cusp ( I doubt they get by the 49ers) of being in first place with the Patriots two games back and in last place.

Yet.......One of JN's longest ruling tin foil hatters pulls an article from 2008. :animal0029:

Not this year, or last year or the year before that or the year before that, but goes back to an article that is three months after the 2007 Superbowl.

He is on the cutting edge of breaking news.

Archived