Sea of Red

Section 333

I will start by saying obviously this had no bearing on the outcome of this debacle. Every phase of this game makes me want to vomit.

I have been to a large amount of games over the years. Never ever during recent years at least, and while fielding a competitive team, have I seen so many opposing jerseys. Im not sure what it looked like on TV but I can say that dam near half of the stadium were clad in Lott, Montana, Willis and Rice jerseys.

Saying they had more reason to cheer would be an understatement, but man, I have been home for over 4 hours now and I still hear "lets go niners" chants.

Two sections over to my right was all 49er fans. The row's directly in front of me and behind me was all 49er fans. From what I could see I saw a ton of red in the lower levels also. I guess PSL's are to blame. People figure the 49ers have a large fan base. So they could get a few more bucks for their tickets in an attempt to recoup some PSL money. I am more surprised to see the non PSL's filled with red. I buy my tickets to go to the games. Not to try to make a few bucks.

I can not tell people what to do with their tickets, but this is disheartening to me. I do not like being overtaken in my home stadium regardless of what the scoreboard says. I could be wrong but I doubt 49ers fans would have taken over a Giant's game.

Were any of you there? What are your thoughts? I find this a better topic to discuss since thinking about the actual game makes me sick.

49'er fans outside San Fran are like Cowboy fans across the nation. Front runners that fell in love seeing them on TV every week. They wouldn't be there if 49'ers were favored.

Very true, add the Steelers and Raiders to that as well. I know the reasons, but am still unhappy about it.

The only thing more pathetic than the team today was the fans. I was disgusted.

I still think the team was more pathetic. But why split hair's right? On a positive note, during 3rd downs (the ones that san fran convered 99% of) the 50% of us that were Jet fans were pretty loud.

A lot of real Jet fans can't afford to the games anymore. That and the fact that Revis is out for the year had some bearing.

Well for the PSL's you have a point. My seats were pretty affordable though. I do not think Revis had any bearing on today though.

Well for the PSL's you have a point. My seats were pretty affordable though. I do not think Revis had any bearing on today though.

From the reaction around here about losing Revis (season is over) I bet it did. As far as cost goes, I'm not talking about just the ticket price. Add in parking, concessions, merchandise, etc. and it adds up quick. Plus the nightmare getting out of the place could factor in. I make pretty good money, but I may only take in one game a year if that.

What a sad, sorry, pathetic fanbase. Been saying it for a long time now. Bills fans, Raiders fans, etc. still go to their team's games, even when they struggle. We have ONE... ONE 8-8 season, and the fanbase bails.

When you haven't been to a Super Bowl in 43 years and haven't hosted a playoff game since 1998, the PSL was the final nail in the coffin. Bad enough the team sucks balls, why should anyone overpay to be treated to this inferior product?

Math-PSL revenue<ad buys since 2010. Also the Jets didn't have to advertise at all until after 2009 because they sold out and had a waiting list. Good work, Woody!

From the reaction around here about losing Revis (season is over) I bet it did. As far as cost goes, I'm not talking about just the ticket price. Add in parking, concessions, merchandise, etc. and it adds up quick. Plus the nightmare getting out of the place could factor in. I make pretty good money, but I may only take in one game a year if that.

You are certainly right about $ adding up. And the nightmare lot. I think you have me convinced. Any Texans fans here? Im bailing Monday Night!!!!

I was at the game today. I live in NC so my Dad and I attempt to get out to one maybe once every other year these days. We were surprisingly abe to snag a pair of tickets in the upper deck for cheap.

Yep, I can confirm there were TONS of Niner fans. The red sticks out from the green, and when I scanned the crowd, EVERY section had at least 20-25 % red.

I really don't blame the fans much though. The Jets have the highest ticket prices in the league. Which is amazing, considering that we share the stadium with a franchise that wins a Super Bowl every decade. The stadium is a sh*tbox (unless you're in an owner's box) and getting in and out is a pain unless you take the train. The product on the field just isn't good enough to justify it all.

I will start by saying obviously this had no bearing on the outcome of this debacle. Every phase of this game makes me want to vomit.

I have been to a large amount of games over the years. Never ever during recent years at least, and while fielding a competitive team, have I seen so many opposing jerseys. Im not sure what it looked like on TV but I can say that dam near half of the stadium were clad in Lott, Montana, Willis and Rice jerseys.

Saying they had more reason to cheer would be an understatement, but man, I have been home for over 4 hours now and I still hear "lets go niners" chants.

Two sections over to my right was all 49er fans. The row's directly in front of me and behind me was all 49er fans. From what I could see I saw a ton of red in the lower levels also. I guess PSL's are to blame. People figure the 49ers have a large fan base. So they could get a few more bucks for their tickets in an attempt to recoup some PSL money. I am more surprised to see the non PSL's filled with red. I buy my tickets to go to the games. Not to try to make a few bucks.

I can not tell people what to do with their tickets, but this is disheartening to me. I do not like being overtaken in my home stadium regardless of what the scoreboard says. I could be wrong but I doubt 49ers fans would have taken over a Giant's game.

Were any of you there? What are your thoughts? I find this a better topic to discuss since thinking about the actual game makes me sick.

Maybe its the loss, or maybe its just me telling it like it is, but what should be disheartening is how Woody has been taking our money with cheap thrills like Tim Tebow and with a lovable fat guy (who's no longer fat) like Rex Ryan. Woody is taking you for your money and not even giving you a football team. Whats worse, it seems like he actually isnt interested in producing an actual football team but instead figuring out ways to get money up front for future events while also having one of the highest, if not the highest ticket prices in the entire league.

So yea, you buy your tickets to go to the games, however woody wouldnt care if you were a Jet or Niners fan...as long as you went to the game and purchased some $15 dollar beers he doesnt care what color jerseys are in the crowd. The has been apparent since the addition of Tim Tebow.

You should find that so disheartening that you stop giving your money away to see production on the field like you did this sunday. No Niner jersey in the crowd was worse than that performance.

I was at the game today. I live in NC so my Dad and I attempt to get out to one maybe once every other year these days. We were surprisingly abe to snag a pair of tickets in the upper deck for cheap.

Yep, I can confirm there were TONS of Niner fans. The red sticks out from the green, and when I scanned the crowd, EVERY section had at least 20-25 % red.

I really don't blame the fans much though. The Jets have the highest ticket prices in the league. Which is amazing, considering that we share the stadium with a franchise that wins a Super Bowl every decade. The stadium is a sh*tbox (unless you're in an owner's box) and getting in and out is a pain unless you take the train. The product on the field just isn't good enough to justify it all.

thanks for calling me, jerk. i thought we were close.

I hear ya bro. Traveling from PA it costs me upwards of 600! I

In all honesty, didn't even know we were going for sure until this morning. Tickets kind of fell into our laps. Still had fun despite the blowout loss but.....damn did that suck.

Thats good that you had fun. It sucks that the one game you get to is a disaster, but going to games with your pop is the best there is.

Archived