Finally some Tebow ?

PatriotReign37

How long do I have to wait?

Two people who "know how (Jets owner Woody Johnson) runs his football operation" told ESPN New York that Johnson will "push his football people to start (Tim) Tebow."

There's no hard evidence Johnson is fixing to meddle with the Jets' lineup, but this is the same owner who pushed for Brett Favre in 2008. Johnson was guarded in his Monday vote of confidence in Mark Sanchez, and volunteered that questions about Tebow taking over will "be asked more frequently if this progresses because this is unacceptable playing." Already a slow train coming, Tebow supplanting Sanchez could become a formality if Sanchez's start against the Texans goes as poorly as it should on paper.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5096/tim-tebow

The real problem with starting Tebow is the best case scenario results in a few extra ugly wins and a worse spot to draft our NEXT QB. Since we at least ALL agree that Sanchez has been either ruined by the Jets or not that good to start with. Does not matter what camp your in the fact is Sanchez will never be able to come back for the Jets. He's done.

S

The real problem with starting Tebow is the best case scenario results in a few extra ugly wins and a worse spot to draft our NEXT QB. Since we at least ALL agree that Sanchez has been either ruined by the Jets or not that good to start with. Does not matter what camp your in the fact is Sanchez will never be able to come back for the Jets. He's done.

S

An ugly loss vs Houston means that in a worst-case scenario Tebow would take over for a team one game out of first place with the (theoretically) hardest 1/3 of the schedule behind it.

Embrace the insanity!

S

Cant stick with Sanchez much longer.

8 for 17 on passes 5 yards or less. Less than 50% completion percentage on 5 yard passes? The INT on the screen was just brutal.

Tebow can at least rush the ball. You have to give him that.

Tebow would be worse, knowing how he looks on paper.

Couldn't disagree more. Sanchez throws more INTs, is just as inaccurate with his passes and inspires ZERO confidence in his teammates.

Tebow will protect the ball better, inspire confidence and run the ball to supplement the yardage he doesn't get with his arm giving us SOME offense, which is better than NONE which is about where we are with Sanchez now.

The Patriots scored more in their comeback and eventual beatdown of the Bills just in 6 straight drives than the Jets have in 3 games.

8 for 17 on passes 5 yards or less. Less than 50% completion percentage on 5 yard passes? The INT on the screen was just brutal.

Yup.

Starting Tebow isn't the only choice that Rex would have to make, he would also have to decide how much leeway he gives Tebow. John Fox had a hard time loosening the realms with a 24 yr old kid. Is Rex going to be any different? I think he would but who knows.

Tebow has already shown that he is not a Matt Flynn time player, someone that plays well within the boundaries that the coaches lay out for him. In fact, he is God awful.

To do well he needs the same type of freedom that a Brady or a Brees has to do well. It's a lot to ask of a head coach.

Cant hurt. Mark Sanchez is the worst player at his respective position in the league.

Tebow Time!

It is quite pitiful that RG3, Luck and Tannehill all look better, not to mention the Christian Ponder and Matt Cassell's of the world.

Pukes in mouth.

It is quite pitiful that RG3, Luck and Tannehill all look better, not to mention the Christian Ponder and Matt Cassell's of the world.

Pukes in mouth.

The list doesnt end there...I'd literally take any starting QB in the league over Sanchez and a good bit of back ups too.

Yeah but to what end? A few happy moments and a draft spot forcing us to use picks to move up and weaken an already weak roster? We need a high pick to get our QB and the rest of our picks to retool most defensive and offensive positions. Our situation is worse than Roberts Krafts acting right now.

An ugly loss vs Houston means that in a worst-case scenario Tebow would take over for a team one game out of first place with the (theoretically) hardest 1/3 of the schedule behind it.

Embrace the insanity!

Perfect scenario for Tebow to win enough games to screw us out of a draft spot to get a QB without using picks. I have sad. Hold me Sperm.

Perfect scenario for Tebow to win enough games to screw us out of a draft spot to get a QB without using picks. I have sad. Hold me Sperm.

You're missing the beauty of the situation. Now we get to trade our 2013 1st and 2nd and our 2014 1st to move up 10 slots.

Being a Jets fan is great.

The smartest thing that this organization can do is to start Tebow against Houston and here are the reasons you do this now:

1. It is Monday Night, you put Sanchez in, and he has a melt down we are completely exposed and now own the "clown" monicker that has been placed on our team by the media.

2. People will be tuning in just to see how bad we really are and by how much this "clown" team and that loudmouth Rex is going to get beat.

3. From a strategic point of view, Tebow starting is the ONLY correct answer that this organization can do to provide a view that we will try anything for the good of the team.

4. If Tebow starts, or if Tebow comes in for more than 1quarter and the score is close, we will pull this out and the Sanchez era is officially over on national TV.

I honestly believe at this point in time, Sanchez has got to sit. Much better QBs than Sanchez have been benched before. I just hope its on MNF and we can have the opportunity to "complete".

Let's just do it already, F it!

Let's just get Tebow in here.

We as a fanbase deserve it, for our complete idiocity as a fanbase.

The owner, and HC deserve it, for bringing Tebow in rather than getting some actual weapons on offense.

Let's get Tebow in here and enjoy our next 5 years of mediocrity, gotta love it!

Elway could not wait to get rid of Tebow after he had just won a playoff game, could not wait.

What do we do, bring him on in!!!!!!!!

F it, let's just do it.

The smartest thing that this organization can do is to start Tebow against Houston and here are the reasons you do this now:

1. It is Monday Night, you put Sanchez in, and he has a melt down we are completely exposed and now own the "clown" monicker that has been placed on our team by the media.

2. People will be tuning in just to see how bad we really are and by how much this "clown" team and that loudmouth Rex is going to get beat.

3. From a strategic point of view, Tebow starting is the ONLY correct answer that this organization can do to provide a view that we will try anything for the good of the team.

4. If Tebow starts, or if Tebow comes in for more than 1quarter and the score is close, we will pull this out and the Sanchez era is officially over on national TV.

I honestly believe at this point in time, Sanchez has got to sit. Much better QBs than Sanchez have been benched before. I just hope its on MNF and we can have the opportunity to "complete".

I could get down with this idea, but for the exact opposite reason. I think the Texans would absolutely crush Tebow, and we could finally put to bed the idea of him being a starter.

You're missing the beauty of the situation. Now we get to trade our 2013 1st and 2nd and our 2014 1st to move up 10 slots.

Being a Jets fan is great.

Why move up? It's not like they'll need a QB. After scraping together a few wins against garbage teams in spite god awful play, the fools of the football world (i.e., ESPN) will resume it's felating of Tebow and the Jets will lock him up to a nice new, big money, long-term extension that should help cripple this team for at least a few more years. THAT is the real beauty of it all.

I could get down with this idea, but for the exact opposite reason. I think the Texans would absolutely crush Tebow, and we could finally put to bed the idea of him being a starter.

Which is why it will never happen. If Tebow ever takes over, he'll have his first real playing time against the likes of the Colts. Then again, that would still mean upcoming embarrassments against the Seahawks and Cardinals, so it probably won't be until after those games have passed us by as well. Either that or we'll get to hear how it wasn't his fault when the Jets score 0 to 9 points against both of those teams (likely combined)

Let me preface, I am not ever going to bash Sanchez (only Holmes)...however, in my humble opinion Sanchez is very possibly done, at least here with the Jets. I say possibly done because of the mental aspect of being a QB in NY. Unless, he comes out and destroys it on Monday night against the Texans, he is done. That said, Tebow gives us another look. Like it or not, we need another look and perhaps giving Sanchez a breather, may actually help him and his development. Some on this board will absolutely destroy that concept. But at this point in time it may benefit him. If he can't take the fact of being benched (for the good of the team), then he has proven the point of NOT being tough anyway.

I know we have not given Sanchez the weapons this year, but what happened last year? This year there are injuries, but if you look at it from purely QB play, he is lacking at every measurable. Throws are almost never on target and missing WRs badly at times.

His play had to be much better than last year for our team to succeed and you know that.

Our running game has sufferred because our passing game, play of the OLine, WR play is way below average. So it all becomes domino effect. And thus the bigger spot light and pressure on Sanchez to carry the team.

Part of me wants Sanchez to prove everyone wrong and succeed and come out nda have a solid performance and at the very least make us competive on the offensive side of the ball. If that happens I do believe our running game may improve. But you cannot continuely throw pick 6"s and also have your QB fumble away another 6. It just can't happen period.

Conversely, our strongest attribute on this team, our defense is getting hammered because of the time it is spending on the field and then the mental portion of our defense going "here we go again with this sh*t".

So our team is now at a cross road. Do we stick with Sanchez with all the injuries we have on the offense? Do we bench him (for his own good) and start Tebow because he will be faced just like Sanchez with a depleted WR corps?

What do we do for the "good" of the team? This is what must be asked between now and Monday game-time. It seems like a no win situation either way, but I know for a fact, Sanchez has NOT had a losing season. And took us to two AFC (back to back) championship games and he does deserve the benefit and the support. But, again, much better QBs then Sanchez have been benched in the past with mixed end results, maybe it will be good for him, maybe not...but someone needs to say whats good for the team. Perhaps right now (not yesterday or 5 games from now), Tebow gives us a better chance. Thats all I am saying. Give the kid a chance.

Yeah but to what end? A few happy moments and a draft spot forcing us to use picks to move up and weaken an already weak roster? We need a high pick to get our QB and the rest of our picks to retool most defensive and offensive positions. Our situation is worse than Roberts Krafts acting right now.

Russel Wilson was a 3rd rounder. Nick Foles looked decent in pre season and he was a 3rd rounder.

Archived