The Dustin Factor: Significant By Rich Cimini

Ryno the Jet

Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Dustin Factor: Significant

By Rich Cimini

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- The Jets miss TE Dustin Keller. A lot.

Jets: When Targeting Tight Ends

Category Total (NFL rank)

Comp. pct.: 63.0 (23rd)

Yds per target: 5.0 (31st)

TD-Int diff.: -1 (T-26th)

Total QBR: 44.7 (28th)

Keller, the team's leading receiver last season, has missed the last three games because of a pulled hamstring. His status for Monday night against the Texans is up in the air. QB Mark Sanchez relies on Keller as his over-the-middle secruity blanket, and backup Jeff Cumberland hasn't filled the void.

According to ESPN Stats & Information, the Jets rank near the bottom of the league in a handful of categories when targeting tight ends.

it has been tough without him.

wonder why it took cimini 4 weeks to see this.

Probably because he sucks at his job.

If nothing else, as long as Keller gets healthy and shows no long term effects of this hammy, Keller has a chance to earn himself a sh*tload of money for his next contract upon his return.

How long has he been out with this hammy? Was it an issue during pre-season? Seems like he's missed 8 weeks at this point. Was it a full tear?

Reinjured it week 1 and then aggravated it the week after. It's only been a couple weeks of full rehab for him since the last aggravation I believe.

i know we don't want to hear this but even before the SF game, there were like 20 Jets on the injury report. 4 of the 5 OL were on the report.

missing Revis is huge. but missing Keller, Hill, Holmes etc. It's just one of those things. We can dream about how firing Tanny or Rex will make the team better, but at a certain point you just have to throw up your hands and say s--t happens.

Cause it does.

"Oh, we have plenty of talent......"

- Rex Ryan

BD

I think they do, when healthy... yes...

Just for example, if 1) Holmes, 2) Keller, 3) Hill, and 4) Kerley played at least 14/16 games each and this season still turned out bad, offensively.. then I would say it's all on Sanchez. But I think that talent is enough for a receiving group... for an offense which relies on its defense, if you know what I mean.

Probably because he sucks at his job.

If nothing else, as long as Keller gets healthy and shows no long term effects of this hammy, Keller has a chance to earn himself a sh*tload of money for his next contract upon his return.

Yes, but unfortunately this is the time of year when Keller disappears for a while. So his coming back will be meaningless.

Quick poll:

Who is worse at their job?

A. Sanchez

B. JIF

C. Cimini

D. Tannenbaum

E. All of the above

A. Sanchez.. What really blows your mind, is that he is by far and away the worst at his job yet gets paid the most for it. There's almost a direct correlation of level of suckitude and salary.

I think they do, when healthy... yes...

Just for example, if 1) Holmes, 2) Keller, 3) Hill, and 4) Kerley played at least 14/16 games each and this season still turned out bad, offensively.. then I would say it's all on Sanchez. But I think that talent is enough for a receiving group... for an offense which relies on its defense, if you know what I mean.

Reporters today asked him TODAY, with the injuries, do they have the talent required to make the Playoffs.

We know the answer. The reporter knows the answer.

But Rex wouldn't admit the truth. He can't handle the truth.....

BD

Reporters today asked him TODAY, with the injuries, do they have the talent required to make the Playoffs.

BD

You can't possibly be serious. I don't care if a team is 0-4 and has been outscored 70-0 in every game of the year, a head coach would have to keep a complete jackass to come out and say his players suck too much for them to possibly make the playoffs. The reporters are jackasses for even asking a question like that.

BD

So what's he supposed to say - the talent sucks? If he starts talking about the injuries, then everyone will say he's making excuses. No win situation

You're missing the point. A HC is not and should not be expected to say the talent sucks. So what do u expect him to say?

If he won't admit he's lost talent, then coaching is the problem. It's A or B.

T-Rex is done if they don't make the Playoffs anyway, so I don't care.....

BD

If he won't admit he's lost talent, then coaching is the problem. It's A or B.

T-Rex is done if they don't make the Playoffs anyway, so I don't care.....

BD

Wrong and wrong. A HC is not going to openly admit to talent loss, doing so could put his job on the line. Rex gets another season regardless. He gets a pass on the injuries alone

Wrong and wrong. A HC is not going to openly admit to talent loss, doing so could put his job on the line. Rex gets another season regardless. He gets a pass on the injuries alone

Yes you are wrong.

When you "lose the team" one year, then proclaim the next year this is "The best talent I've ever had", your punk --- better make the Playoffs!

The Packers and Giants the last two years had many more injuries than this, and won it all!

No excuses!

BD

The Jets talent was highly suspect BEFORE the injuries.....

BD

No HC would concede the season at 2-2, regardless of the injuries. There could be a Marshall like tragedy and if they could field a team the HC would publicy profess that he believed in his players and they will remain competitive. That's coaching 101.

No HC would concede the season at 2-2, regardless of the injuries. There could be a Marshall like tragedy and if they could field a team the HC would publicy profess that he believed in his players and they will remain competitive. That's coaching 101.

Exactly right. Any coach that wouldn't has no business being a HC

Who said anything about conceding?

He can admit he doesn't have as much talent as he had at the beginning. When you lose Revis, Holmes, Hill and Keller, you can be man enough to say we have some challenges ahead of us, losing some starters. He won't even say that!

If you're gonna play the Black Dynamite role, then I expect Black Dynamite results!

Don't take us for idiots, and just lie right to our faces....

BD

Who said anything about conceding?

He can admit he doesn't have as much talent as he had at the beginning. When you lose Revis, Holmes, Hill and Keller, you can be man enough to say we have some challenges ahead of us, losing some starters. He won't even say that!

Don't take us for idiots, and just lie right to our faces....

BD

You do realize that doing so is basically throwing the GM under the bus don't you? Not too smart for job security. A competent coach would do what Rex is doing.

You do realize that doing so is basically throwing the GM under the bus don't you? Not too smart for job security. A competent coach would do what Rex is doing.

If he's gonna take the bullet, take the bullet. You can't save everybody.

Either the coach, the players, or the GM take the bullet.

He's not playing me like a chump.

He says he's got the talent to do it.

So......do it. Or leave.

BD

Archived