Positives From Texan's Game

NJ

Last night highlighted many of the Jets flaws - but there were some bright spots going forward

• Did not hear Kyle Wilson's name once - amazingly good thing
  • Kerley showed he's legit and will be a force going forward
  • Schillens looked like a pro except for the schwansing of the kick
  • Cumberland looked good and will be a nice tandem with Keller
  • Hilliard looked good - good enough to get rid of Connor
  • Howard was not a noticeable turnstyle
  • Cro was a animal - both sides of the ball (Daniels play aside)

Cumberland looked good and will be a nice tandem with Keller
  • Cro was a bitch - both sides of the ball (Daniels play aside)

Hillard was awesome on specials. Was only ok at run blocking.

Cro was flat out awesome. Why is he a bitch?

Last night highlighted many of the Jets flaws - but there were some bright spots going forward

All of this.

Plus, Tebow with the fake punts and the nice pass, though it was dropped.

Plus, Westhoff's special teams unit making plays like usual. Nice 100 yard kick return by McKnight and co.

Plus, Mangold coming back into the game like the physical freak he is!

At least they showed some heart last night -- and was that a Shonn Green sighting last night.

Too many dropped passes and still can not stop the run.

Looking ahead 4-4 bye week and who knows after that -- I still have hope --

In general, I think last night was a positive for everyone besides Sanchez. The Jets are down their 3 best receiving weapons, their best DLman, and one of the greatest CB's of all time and had every chance in the world to win that game with just a touch of adequate QB play. Tons of plays left on the field. Tons. Everyone thought it would be a blow out and twice they had the ball with the chance to win and failed.

The inability to stop the run is just flat out odd but the Defense has been giving the Jets offense more than enough opportunities in all 3 losses. You cant win Football games completing less the %50 your passes with a non-existent run game. Thats the bottom line.

In general, I think last night was a positive for everyone besides Sanchez. The Jets are down their 3 best receiving weapons, their best DLman, and one of the greatest CB's of all time and had every chance in the world to win that game with just a touch of adequate QB play. Tons of plays left on the field. Tons. Everyone thought it would be a blow out and twice they had the ball with the chance to win and failed.

The inability to stop the run is just flat out odd but the Defense has been giving the Jets offense more than enough opportunities in all 3 losses. You cant win Football games completing less the %50 your passes with a non-existent run game. Thats the bottom line.

As bad as Sanchez was last night, Sparano was worse.

1st - burning those 2 timeouts on personnel issues is inexcusable, just run a QB sneak and re-huddle

2nd - it seemed like Sparano was coaching 'scared'. Every time they threw the ball down the field they had success....and then he went back to run, run, pass, punt. Not sure if it was a confidence issue with Sanchez or the OL but the deep pass was there all night.

2nd - it seemed like Sparano was coaching 'scared'. Every time they threw the ball down the field they had success....and then he went back to run, run, pass, punt. Not sure if it was a confidence issue with Sanchez or the OL but the deep pass was there all night.

there is no end to the cruel ironies of this season.

As bad as Sanchez was last night, Sparano was worse.

1st - burning those 2 timeouts on personnel issues is inexcusable, just run a QB sneak and re-huddle

Agreed. The different personnel groupings for Tebow and Sanchez were a mess. His pulse for when to use the Tebow sh*t is bad. In those less than 5 minutes down a TD situations, dont get cute with it. If you claim to be ride or die with Sanchez then let him engineer those types of drives in the hurry no huddle and leave Tebow on the sidelines.

Also, if your QB is getting the ball batted at the LOS over and over again, roll him out, move the pocket and throw to the middle of the field on intermediate routes. Sparano was bad last night even though I think he dialed up a bunch of really great calls that Sanchez just botched, like usual.

Im torn really, at best we may win 7-8 games. Aside from the fluke Bills game we have stunk so badly I find it painful to watch us play at all. Ok they ran the Texans close last night, but I'd expect some sort of reaction after the aweful play we have seen this year. The run D is just shocking, there is not one single starting LB id keep Harris 9.5Mill a year! and don't get me started on Scott and Pace (thats a joke name right).

Pass rush, I thought no way can we be worse, we are going to play more 4 man front this year, and we are worse, way worse. Feck at least if we gave Maybin some downs at 4-3 End or OLB in the 3-4 he may be able to chase some one. The speed or lack of in the front seven is killing the D. The Saftey play is much better but its time to cut the whole LB core it stinks.

I dare not look where we rank against the run, hell our running game is so bad It's not funny, lucky if we crack 3 yards a carry. I'd fire Tanny and Rex over "Ground and pound" with our line and Slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww R.B. Did they really not think that they needed to up grade the line and R.B's seriously!

You have to be Top 5 to even think of making a run based offence work, not bottom two! Sanchez i'm leaving out of this, I have to go offline soon but when was a 50% Comp rate concidered good 1935?

Sorry Rant over!

Archived